GDT: 11/11/14 - 8:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Chicago

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Looking at our remaining schedule it really is not that bad until February (Holy Hell that month has the potential to destroy us).

For the rest of this month we basically play the NY and Ontario teams and it carries over to the next month as well with the Pennsylvania teams joining in. Overall the rest of the year is a very fortuitous schedule that we hopefully can take advantage of.

Date | Away | Home
Thu Nov 13 | Sharks | Lightning
Sat Nov 15 | Islanders | Lightning
Mon Nov 17 | Lightning | Rangers
Tue Nov 18 | Lightning | Islanders
Thu Nov 20 | Lightning | Maple Leafs
Sat Nov 22 | Wild | Lightning
Wed Nov 26 | Rangers | Lightning
Sat Nov 29 | Senators | Lightning
Mon Dec 1 | Lightning | Rangers
Tue Dec 2 | Lightning | Sabres
Thu Dec 4 | Sabres | Lightning
Sat Dec 6 | Blue Jackets | Lightning
Tue Dec 9 | Capitals | Lightning
Thu Dec 11 | Hurricanes | Lightning
Sat Dec 13 | Lightning | Capitals
Mon Dec 15 | Lightning | Penguins
Tue Dec 16 | Lightning | Flyers
Fri Dec 19 | Lightning | Devils
Sat Dec 20 | Lightning | Islanders
Tue Dec 23 | Penguins | Lightning
Sat Dec 27 | Hurricanes | Lightning
Mon Dec 29 | Maple Leafs | Lightning
Wed Dec 31 | Lightning | Sabres

I hadn’t though much about the schedule but it looks good, we only play western team 2 and both at home so no long travels, a few to many b2b games but since they are all against team that are close to eachother it should be fine. Hopefully we can get a good thing going here during november – december and get some points as well as get our game going we should be ready for a thougher spring.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I hadn’t though much about the schedule but it looks good, we only play western team 2 and both at home so no long travels, a few to many b2b games but since they are all against team that are close to eachother it should be fine. Hopefully we can get a good thing going here during november – december and get some points as well as get our game going we should be ready for a thougher spring.

Schedule looks good. I feel we can match up to the big boys like Chicago. SO losses I don't look much into , if we had another min of OT think we could of buried one. Oh well.

I'm going to see our boys on Tuesday. Should be interesting with Nabokov back who will most likely play that game at Nassau. Would go to Monday's game but am banned from MSG or at least I think I am. lol.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Carle was absolutely terrible yesterday in a top line role. Completely over his head against the Hawks. I was surprised how dirty Chicago played and oh my gosh the embellishments. The officiating was down right TERRIBLE as well. Before the game I kinda liked Chicago...after the game I thought that I really disliked the way they played.

I want to punch Crawford in the face. He is now in my top 5 players that I want to punch in the face. The others are Neil, Marchand, Crosby, MSL and Crawford has now replaced Gallagher.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Carle was absolutely terrible yesterday in a top line role. Completely over his head against the Hawks. I was surprised how dirty Chicago played and oh my gosh the embellishments. The officiating was down right TERRIBLE as well. Before the game I kinda liked Chicago...after the game I thought that I really disliked the way they played.

I want to punch Crawford in the face. He is now in my top 5 players that I want to punch in the face. The others are Neil, Marchand, Crosby, MSL and Crawford has now replaced Gallagher.

carle is always carle I dont get totally mad at him except the blind passes to try to clear the zone that he never gets out etc.. I hate him on power play type of situations on the pk has worth but need him higher up so can clear the puck if gets behind net he is a moron usually.

He really struggles holding line in offensive zone too at times but overall he is a good player had a troublesome game made many mistakes yet we were playing chicago. He has his worth though and we need him or an upgrade. Garrison made some mistakes also last night someone said how well gudas played well gudas problem is yes he shoots the puck a lot lately but not getting through often and is annoying if misses net (not the ones on purpose) but when does and we wind up on our heels:(

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
carle is always carle I dont get totally mad at him except the blind passes to try to clear the zone that he never gets out etc.. I hate him on power play type of situations on the pk has worth but need him higher up so can clear the puck if gets behind net he is a moron usually.

He really struggles holding line in offensive zone too at times but overall he is a good player had a troublesome game made many mistakes yet we were playing chicago. He has his worth though and we need him or an upgrade. Garrison made some mistakes also last night someone said how well gudas played well gudas problem is yes he shoots the puck a lot lately but not getting through often and is annoying if misses net (not the ones on purpose) but when does and we wind up on our heels:(

I'm not saying Carle is a bad player. Just saying Carle had a terrible game and the reason is he was probably playing above his caliber on a top line role. I like Carle on the third line myself...I think Garrison/Gudas > Carle/Sustr.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
A lot of us (including myself) were raging pretty hard last night, but we walked away with a point 5/6 eint too shabby, Despite some "interesting" calls. Last night was a big test for us. Bishop played amazing, and despite the shots on net difference we still held our own in this game and didn't allow a PP goal. Another big test coming thursday night against another strong Western team.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Is there a thread on the main boards for the Crawford pushing Johnson after the whistle? Saw one for Bish WWE slam protecting his crease. Wanted to rage a bit but can't find it if there is one...

Edit...found the thread and it was closed. The Bish tackle thread was alive and well - that kind of $hit just pisses me off.

Last edited:

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Is there a thread on the main boards for the Crawford pushing Johnson after the whistle? Saw one for Bish WWE slam protecting his crease. Wanted to rage a bit but can't find it if there is one...

Nope, becuase it was something that was for us and we all know there can't be anything like that around, no we must look like a "bad" team since it's really the only way we could have gotten 24 points. Hmm, can you imagine it it was one of our defensmen who did to a Chicago player what Seabrook did to Johnson it would also be all over the main board but now there is nothing.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Nope, becuase it was something that was for us and we all know there can't be anything like that around, no we must look like a "bad" team since it's really the only way we could have gotten 24 points. Hmm, can you imagine it it was one of our defensmen who did to a Chicago player what Seabrook did to Johnson it would also be all over the main board but now there is nothing.

This is ridiculous. The game is over, cool down on the homerism.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Man I thought Habs fans were bad but some of these Hawks fans are absurd. There's a good threa going on over at r e d d i t.

This was the latest gem:

Tampa Bay was begging for something like this to happen the way they were playing, especially in the 2nd period

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Seriously though, we should just move on and worry about tomorrow's game. Don't get sucked into the main board debates when they go sour.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
We need to build some hatred anyway. Tired of this "Tampa has been fun to watch" **** that goes on by neutral fans.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012

Carle was awful indeed (aside from a play I can't recall exactly)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad