GDT: 11/11/14 - 8:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Chicago

Obviously

Dec 4, 2013
Happy with the point, not happy with Cooper at all. Am I the only one who notices he is incapable of making in game changes? The first line sucks, bad. The second line is awesome. The third line acts like they are killing a penalty the entire time they are on the ice. He changes nothing unless he is forced too. Matt Carle can also go screw himself

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
kucherov is going 5 hole everytime he needs to raise the puck to corners he can do it but doesnt have the confidence like he did in past.

think that is why cooper is scared of giving chances to the other young guns who are good too

Kucherov does the Forsberg move every time, tonight was pretty much the only time I've seen him go 5 hole in a shootout.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Stamkos fails at the shootout every damn time, and he scores 60 goals. Boo hoo you miss in the shootout.

FURTHERMORE, why dont they ****ing ROOF the puck? I never understand that. I can do that. Don't ****ing slide it in when the goalie is down and out, but has his pad covering the bottom of the net, ****ing ROOF that ****.

i have no idea kucherov can do the roof's he is going 5 hole everytime for like last 10 times is insane just just your quick release and drive it home crawford is weak up top everyone knows that

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
i have no idea kucherov can do the roof's he is going 5 hole everytime for like last 10 times is insane just just your quick release and drive it home crawford is weak up top everyone knows that

I was talking more about Stamkos on that one, or generally, any shooter that has the goalie on his ****ing stomach, down and out.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Brown and Gudas had strong games. Bishop was the obvious first star. Sustr wasn't terrible. Carle...just wow.

Not a bad road trip overall. Shootouts are garbage, but at least they got a point despite being outplayed.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Brown and Gudas had strong games. Bishop was the obvious first star. Sustr wasn't terrible. Carle...just wow.

Not a bad road trip overall. Shootouts are garbage, but at least they got a point despite being outplayed.

Yeah - that's a game I wish didn't end. It was a fun one.

Brown looked good, Gudas and Garrison both looked strong. Carle was hot ass. Every pass was weak as hell - couldn't handle a pass on the point and was make some boneheaded plays. He needs his ice time severely reduced - put him on the third pairing when Hedman is back - Carle/Sustr as a third pairing isn't bad.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Im looking at the bigger picture here.

5 out of 6 points on the road against two tough teams and 3 games in 4 nights.

We take that all day long.

Just need to come back out and go to work against SJ who just lost to the Panthers tonight.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Yeah, Gudas was great tonight. Made some awesome plays.

Carle - I said it earlier in the thread, I've always been a supporter of Carle, but he had an awful game tonight. Just brutal.

There wasn't really anyone who played bad that you can single out really, besides Carle. Shame Stamkos still can't show up I guess.

And son of a ***** about Johnson. Figures.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Woke up just in time for the SO so I missed the rest of the game but it doesn't seem to be much I missed since everything from bad start to injuries happened. Glad we got a point and since that pens decided to lose to the rangers we are still top of the east but now with 3 points seperating us.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Let's see how this team/Cooper responds to Johnson's injury, may have a bigger impact than we think, especially if Stamkos continues to play like ****.

The entire 2nd line revolved around Johnson, he had great chemistry with Palat and Kucherov individually, looks like we either keep Palat and Kucherov together centered by Filppula or Stamkos, or break them up and reunite Palat-Filppula-Callahan.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Drouin-stamkos-kuch
palat-filp-call

These were the lines coop put out once Johnny got injured. Instantly stammers line got a goal and had some legs. Flip line started to get more sustained O zone time as well. Really liked the line switches from coop.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Drouin-stamkos-kuch
palat-filp-call

These were the lines coop put out once Johnny got injured. Instantly stammers line got a goal and had some legs. Flip line started to get more sustained O zone time as well. Really liked the line switches from coop.

I think those are good combos

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Stamkos fails at the shootout every damn time, and he scores 60 goals. Boo hoo you miss in the shootout.

FURTHERMORE, why dont they ****ing ROOF the puck? I never understand that. I can do that. Don't ****ing slide it in when the goalie is down and out, but has his pad covering the bottom of the net, ****ing ROOF that ****.

Ironic considering we played against Richards today, he use to be the guy that'd just roof it every time. One of the best shootout players we had, when we used to be good at them.

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
My take is that getting out of Chicago with a point after the 1st period and falling behind in the 3rd is a damn near miracle. The team was totally outplayed in the 1st but the game did slowly even as it went along. No excuses about it... we were outcoached and outplayed by a much more veteran team. I stress again that getting a point actually is a real positive here. We aren't beating Chicago in a 7 game right now but my opinion is stay the course and we will get there soon. Maybe not this year but soon.

And some of the (some punk) Chicago players should ask Bishop out on a date. They seem to absolutely *love* getting all over him

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The Good

PK looked much better
Only gave up 2 goals
Team played a hell of a 3rd period and OT
We got a point. Still on a point streak.

The Bad

Too many shots on goal against
Slow start
Did not get 2 points

The Ugly

Johnson going down
The Refs

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Looking at our remaining schedule it really is not that bad until February (Holy Hell that month has the potential to destroy us).

For the rest of this month we basically play the NY and Ontario teams and it carries over to the next month as well with the Pennsylvania teams joining in. Overall the rest of the year is a very fortuitous schedule that we hopefully can take advantage of.

Date | Away | Home
Thu Nov 13 | Sharks | Lightning
Sat Nov 15 | Islanders | Lightning
Mon Nov 17 | Lightning | Rangers
Tue Nov 18 | Lightning | Islanders
Thu Nov 20 | Lightning | Maple Leafs
Sat Nov 22 | Wild | Lightning
Wed Nov 26 | Rangers | Lightning
Sat Nov 29 | Senators | Lightning
Mon Dec 1 | Lightning | Rangers
Tue Dec 2 | Lightning | Sabres
Thu Dec 4 | Sabres | Lightning