Post-Game Talk: #11 - 10/28/18 | RANGERS @ kings | 3:30 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I'm an a.d.a. fan. More than most and definitely longer than most. But I'll say this...maybe, just maybe, Quinn isn't benching a.d.a for his performance today...it's to get him to another level tomorrow.

A lot of what you guys are saying....he's great but....he does this who cares if he does that...that's total b.s. if it's stuff he can control, and the coach thinks he has it in him to take it to an even better level, and he needs to do things and treat practices with more seriousness...then I take him at his word. Deangelo has been great...but what if there's an even better level in there that quinn is trying to unlock now.

Just saying.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I'm an a.d.a. fan. More than most and definitely longer than most. But I'll say this...maybe, just maybe, Quinn isn't benching a.d.a for his performance today...it's to get him to another level tomorrow.

A lot of what you guys are saying....he's great but....he does this who cares if he does that...that's total b.s. if it's stuff he can control, and the coach thinks he has it in him to take it to an even better level, and he needs to do things and treat practices with more seriousness...then I take him at his word. Deangelo has been great...but what if there's an even better level in there that quinn is trying to unlock now.

Just saying.
Amen.

Rebuild is player development, and not all player development happens in games or even on the ice.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Chytl has the potential to be a Bigtjme offensive player supposedly so here’s what I say the Rangers should do. Keep switching his
Position game to game and play him with our worst offensive players.

Pssst...

Or...

He needs to hit the weights to not be useless in the NHL given his skillset...

[steps into shadows after revealing Illuminati secrets]

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
NOT ONE PLAYER ON OUR DEFENSE CAN HANDLE THE PUCK AND MOVE IT LIKE TONY D. NOT EVEN DEBATABLE.

Brady Skjei, Neil Pionk, Marc Staal, Kevin Hayes, Hank, Jesper Fast, Mckloud. These players were a living billboard for Planned Parenthood this game.

Our coach better wake the **** up. Learn how to change lines without having half the team out on the ice at once and keep playing Tony D

Hi.

This is a rebuild year. We are 11 games in.

Unless you don't think this is a rebuild year, then you are either actually that angry or going full sheep.

Last edited:
Reactions: shinchanuuhh

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.

Just saying.

See the weird thing is a lot of people say ADA has the potential , but doesn't put it all together with his mental game getting in the way, and by mental I DO NOT mean"he don't know hockeeeez".

So Quinn basically says this and benches him to push him. Benching him was "unfair to him" and "he deserved more", so he should of had a horrendous game this afternoon for being punished, yet he had a good game.

Hmmm...

See my gripe is [not with you @Inferno ] is I don't think a lot of people are presenting coherent and more importantly consistent [the main key] arguments.

Reactions: shinchanuuhh

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
We could have the head coaching genes of Jordan, Gretzky, Orr, Pele, Unitas, Woods, Ali, Socrates, and Poseidon and we’re still a sub .500 team this season.

Fact is this team sucks.. And that’s OK. We should suck.

But we don’t suck because of our coaching staff. We offloaded: McD, Nash, Grabs, and Holden. We’re playing inexperienced kids (who are looking decent) and Vets like Staal who are clearly finished.

This is a good tank-team. We’re close most games.. But we’re going pointless which come June, is going to matter.

Like holy context man!

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Amen.

Rebuild is player development, and not all player development happens in games or even on the ice.

Or in 20 days when no new player was drafted, no trade was made, and the team is almost identical to the sell off when the management , themselves , sent an email saying " this team be no good y'all. got tear this bitch down"?

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
All Quinn would say is "he knows what he has to do" after I think the 4th straight game he got scratched after looking fine in the games he played after getting scratched to start the season despite a good preseason.

By not talking about it, he was talking about it, if you get what I'm saying.
To me that sounds 100% on-ice related. As in, he’s not doing what we want him to do in practice.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Or in 20 days when no new player was drafted, no trade was made, and the team is almost identical to the sell off when the management , themselves , sent an email saying " this team be no good y'all. got tear this ***** down"?
how are they going to draft someone in the next 20 days?

Reactions: Rangers in 7

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
We need to unload as many players as possible
And fast, there is no reason to have 4 players like Vesey, Namestnikov, Spooner and Fast on a rebuild team. They are all fine 3rd liners but we are wasting a lot of ice time on them instead of giving to the kids. The same with our defensemen with McQuaid, Claesson and even Smith.
Buchnevich hasn't been good, but at least he has a chance to become a 60 pts player and Chytil deserves more ice time from what he is showing on his time.
I like Quinn's system, but his personnel decisions hasn't been good at all. DeAngelo not playing is a crime from what I've seen in the 3 game he's played.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
It's actually a fascinating subject, tbh.

My thought is that for the really skilled players, when they become coaches, it's hard for them to articulate how to do thi hs as the game and all of its intricacies come naturally where as a 3rd/4th line plug has to work hard and watch more from the bench.

They have to understand systems better (NHL life depends on it)

The last great player to make a successful HC that I can remember is Jacques Lemaire

Reactions: TheTakedown

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Basically, at this point in the season, the Rangers are on pace for somewhere around 24 wins( I think it will be lower.) I predicted between 20-24 wins at the start of the season and am very confident I’ll be correct.

That level of incompetence should certainly put them in the top 5 picks.

I also just want to highlight how many people are on here now saying Chytil needs to be sent to Hartford to develop. I got crucified on here for suggesting that the NHL is not the place to be developing talent— that essentially once a player reaches the NHL they are at their max development. Interesting how the sentiment can change when we all start to see the damage that gets done when players are put in spots that are not in line with their stage of development.

Last edited:

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Good... only took them a decade and a half. Adding Hughes or the next best thing to the prospect list we've amassed will cement this team as a top contender for a while

Without him or another certified game changer there is a chance we'll be good but not good enough again. And that's something I'm sure we've all seen enough of recently

Walter t

Mar 12, 2018
There are no metrics I'm aware of to back up your view. Baseball managers win if they have superior personnel. Never with even average personnel. Pointing to one game as proof of anything is absurd.
I think the main job in baseball is not so much managing the game, but the clubhouse. The strategy is pretty obvious, especially in the AL. I think for every good manager who really helps his team there are a dozen bad ones who screw things up

You can argue that organizations that pay more attention to stats are more successful, but managers just don't matter, unless they are inept.

Joe Torre is a perfect example of managers not mattering. With the Yankees, he won. Elsewhere, he was an utter failure.

Bochy wins three titles in 6 years. The other years, .500 was unlikely. Is he smarter some seasons than others?

With all of the *****ing by fans here of the NHL, at least we get consistent effort. Watching that Red Sox pitcher walk to 2nd base and not getting tossed by his manager is a disgrace. Yeah, I know that last part was irrelevant, but what a joke so many MLB players are.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Basically, at this point in the season, the Rangers are on pace for somewhere around 24 wins( I think it will be lower.) I predicted between 20-24 wins at the start of the season and am very confident I’ll be correct.

That level of incompetence should certainly put them in the top 5 picks.

I also just want to highlight how many people are on here now saying Chytil needs to be sent to Hartford to develop. I got crucified on here for suggesting that the NHL is not the place to be developing talent— that essentially once a player reaches the NHL they are at their max development. Interesting how the sentiment can change when we all start to see the damage that gets done when players are put in spots that are not in line with their stage of development.

I've been saying it for a while as well, hes not physically mature enough for the nhl.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I strongly suspect that we will be very, very, very pleased by the 2020-2021 season. They have played so much better than I thought they would. Their organization, attention to detail and coordination has been a mess. Their most talented, young players consistently demonstrate their skill on the ice but like most inexperienced players they just can't finish yet. But that's it...all the issues we see are inexperience related ones.

Add a few of our 1st rounders to this team, allow some of this youth to marinate for 2 more seasons, add 2 years worth of FA and you have yourself an EASY PO team.

What's more, up and down the lineup we've got hungry guys with leadership, hustle and drive. Guys who DON'T are going to be gone in 2 years. I don't mean like, oh we'll figure out who they are and cut them. I mean, guys like Spooner, Staal, Namest, don't even have contracts that last that long.

I like Hayes, I think he can be a solid contributor to a winning team for the next 3 or 4 years. I wish the NYR had worked out a 5 year deal for 5-5.5 per with him already. But you can easily move him,Fast, Zucc, Kreider, Zib if you want. Hank's huge contract is gone in 2 years. They will have a TON of cap to play with the next few seasons.

I see a lot of talk about not getting the high end talents but I see a ton of talent with Chytil and especially Kravtsoff. Buch to a lesser degree. ADA oozes talent as well. I think we've GOT that talent here already with a major chance to add more coming in this draft.

If Panarin is as good as advertised (and comes here) and we nail an all star with our top pick this year, I think we're going to be giddy with how well this rebuild went

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
And it had to be Martinez too. Just to twist the knife a little bit.

That puck has to be stopped. I love Lundqvist, but tired of the whole looking at the defenseman in disgust because he screened him or deflected a shot. It was a wrister from above the circle from a defenseman. Cmon.

Reactions: Unusual Suspect

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Love Quinn putting the blame on himself. That’s what good coaches do.

The coaching staff is learning too. I will give them a benefit of a doubt the same way we need to give a benefit of a doubt to a rookie when he makes a mistake but shows that he learned from it when he's in a similar situation again. I hope Quinn and Co. look in the mirror, admit that at this point incohesiveness of the line combos due to constant shuffling and (definitely related) too-many-men infractions is on them. These are results of chaotic players tossing that are reactionary to what happened like in the last 5 minutes are unnecessary.

Like by the middle of yesterday's game it was obvious that there was something good developing with Namestnikov joining Howden and Buch. Even before the goal that line didn't have defensive breakdowns, they were tilting the ice toward Kings goal and tried to forecheck with energy when they were on the ice. Then Namestnikov scores a goal, Buch got a (pretty) assist, everything is good, right? So why would you break it up just as the things seems to be working? Reward Namestnikov for his goal? Correcting the mistake of putting Vesey on the 1st line? I don't get it.

I'm also concern with the lines coaches put after PPs or PKs, as well as filing in a wing spot on the 4th line after McLeod's major. Why would they put Kreider there just to have Hayes' line come on the ice right after and being forced to have another winger now go in Kreider's place. More line combos... You bet that too many man was a result of this whirlpool of players movements.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
We could have the head coaching genes of Jordan, Gretzky, Orr, Pele, Unitas, Woods, Ali, Socrates, and Poseidon and we’re still a sub .500 team this season.

Fact is this team sucks.. And that’s OK. We should suck.

But we don’t suck because of our coaching staff. We offloaded: McD, Nash, Grabs, and Holden. We’re playing inexperienced kids (who are looking decent) and Vets like Staal who are clearly finished.

This is a good tank-team. We’re close most games.. But we’re going pointless which come June, is going to matter.

I don't disagree with any of that but putting Spooner, who's been all but completely invisible, on your top line is nothing more than a big waste of time.
He's not a first liner on this team or any other team in the league.

Chytil should be playing center and not being shuffled around at 19 years old.

Zucca, Kreider, Zib, Hayes, Buch and <insert FWD> are your top six no matter how you slice it.

There is absolutely no reason there should be anyone else in place of those players on the top 2 lines unless of course there's an injury.
This team simply doesn't have any better talent at their disposal ATM and to guess otherwise at this point is just ridiculous.

Enough with the games.
Pick your lines, let them develop some chemistry and stick with them, win or lose.

Get to work on the system..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad