Avoided getting the unnecessary point.

Win in my book!

Bravo Boys!

tenor.gif

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Where I stand on the tank right now is, if they play well and win, then good for them.

I don't want them to steal games. It's a waste. They thoroughly deserved to lose today so I'm glad they lost.

I'm beginning to see Quinn as a placeholder.
He was always going to be a placeholder. His goal is to be here for two or three years and get the next core to actually work their asses off and put good work ethic behind their talent.

And then, they'll move for a coach who can lead a contending team. Like AV was supposed to do, but with actual coaching.

I'd be highly surprised if he lasts the full five years of his contract here. If he does, the rebuild went wrong somewhere.

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
This argument is so old. Every time there's a screen on a ****ty goal everyone says "BuT iT WaS a ScReEn". If every screen shot went in every game would be 20-19.
Those shots typically do go in on every goalie. I see it all the time. And when I play if I get my shot through the legs of a Dman I usually score aswell. The issue was letting him walk in.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Not much middle ground with this team at all.

They either dominate or they completely AV.

In terms of the flow of the game, they haven't been in a competitive game all year.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Still summer in LA, and we have below 0 here and might as well visit Spain in near future. :)

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He was always going to be a placeholder. His goal is to be here for two or three years and get the next core to actually work their asses off and put good work ethic behind their talent.

And then, they'll move for a coach who can lead a contending team. Like AV was supposed to do, but with actual coaching.

I'd be highly surprised if he lasts the full five years of his contract here. If he does, the rebuild went wrong somewhere.
Fine with that, but maybe he should stop trying to get ADA to "work hard"

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
Not much middle ground with this team at all.

They either dominate or they completely AV.

In terms of the flow of the game, they haven't been in a competitive game all year.
They are truly a bottom 5 team. Once hayes and zucc are gone they will be worse. All we can hope for at this point is that we actually win the draft lottery and speed up this process.... and hey at least the Red Sox are about to win the ship :D

Reactions: Ori and MartyOwns

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Quinn is not a good coach

Has no idea what he’s doing on offense. The too many men penalties?? Every night? Yeah that’s on the coach no on professional nhlers that haven’t had issues in the past with it. It’s on the rookie coach who I’m still not sure what he’s done to have this prestigious a job.

Shattenkirk not playing on the pp or with an extra skater is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen. Almost as ridiculous as Tony DeAngelo sitting in the press box for 8 of 10 games on a rebuilding team.

Chytil is a center but Chytil with mcleod? Why bother. Please send this kid to Hartford before we ruin him.

Vesey is a 4th line winger. At best. That is who he is. Leave him there.

I had major concerns about Quinn and there are a lot of things I’m seeing that concern me. And losses aren’t one of them. It’s the way we’re playing and the personnel decisions. Pure chaos. No continuity.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Quinn is not a good coach

Has no idea what he’s doing on offense. The too many men penalties?? Every night? Yeah that’s on the coach no on professional nhlers that haven’t had issues in the past with it. It’s on the rookie coach who I’m still not sure what he’s done to have this prestigious a job.

Shattenkirk not playing on the pp or with an extra skater is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen. Almost as ridiculous as Tony DeAngelo sitting in the press box for 8 of 10 games on a rebuilding team.

Chytil is a center but Chytil with mcleod? Why bother. Please send this kid to Hartford before we ruin him.

Vesey is a 4th line winger. At best. That is who he is. Leave him there.

I had major concerns about Quinn and there are a lot of things I’m seeing that concern me. And losses aren’t one of them. It’s the way we’re playing and the personnel decisions. Pure chaos. No continuity.

Wait, I missed most of the game--did they take another one?

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I hate hfboards

Flat out. I don't like him. I think he takes too many risks. I think he is going to make you like him in the offensive zone, but I think it gets outweighed by his play on the defensive zone. I don't root against the team. I don't even know what you're talking about woth the political angle. So yeah. Not a fan. Don't like him.
You do realize he was on for all goals for and no goals against? He was also very good at defending today, and has been all season (when he has played). He makes mistakes for sure, but even the best defensive defensemen make mistakes (while providing very little offense). And this goes without saying, but the best offensive defensemen in the league take plenty of risks and make lots of defensive mistakes, besides maybe 3 of them (the best of the best, who still make mistakes). I feel like a broken record, but I don’t see any logic here.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
would love it if Gorton can get ahead of the frenzy.

That's when the markets for rentals pick up. I mean teams are still figuring out what they have in their system and where they'll be in the standings. Unless someone blows the doors off, I don't think you'll see them moved until the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad