Post-Game Talk: #11 - 10/28/18 | RANGERS @ kings | 3:30 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
So wanting the Rangers to have a super high pick for the next few years doesn't mean you "hate the team" , and blindly rooting "for the good ol' boys to win now cuz they the home team " is just some delicious irony?

My personal philosophy has always been okay with taking a few steps back to make substantial steps forward.

The next two years will be rough, but if the kids are coming along and we end up with a Hughes or a Lafreniere, it will be a distant memory soon enough.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Still 40 SOG vs. one of the slowest teams in NHL and the coach can`t be happy with that, and I`ve notion that Lias will be called up earlier than I expected and we are still in the end of October.

Reactions: egelband

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
This couldn't be furthest from the truth. He wins his boards battle 95% of the time. He is simply not scoring, he's been so good that he he makes a line with McLeod useful, think about that.

Not at all true, he never won battle until the 3rd period,was pushed around the first 2 periods and looked like he was gonna piss himself when the scrum ensued. I'm not crapping on the kid, hes just too slight and young to do what they need him to do at this point, I see a good hockey player in there but not at 19. Hes not scoring here, they aren't winning, and hes playing with MacLeod right now, he would be so much better off in Hartford.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Quinn`s thoughts after a warm summer day in LA. :)

He's as much to blame as anyone else.

While I'm willing to be a little more patient than usual with Quinn because he's barf green but he really needs to stop dicking around with these lines already.

I can understand that injuries (McQuain, Claesson) prompt different looks as needed but he's now had 6 PS games, 11 RS games along with a full training camp.

Players are never going to develop any chemistry if he's constantly reshuffling the deck.

I'll save the scratch list and the fact that the NZ doesn't exist on NHL ice anymore for now which both beg for questioning but enough is enough with the lines already.
Pick your lines and stick with them..

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Too slight? lol.

If he was too slight through the first 2 periods, there is no reason why that wouldn't apply in the 3rd.

Give the kid real line mates.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
My personal philosophy has always been okay with taking a few steps back to make substantial steps forward.

The next two years will be rough, but if the kids are coming along and we end up with a Hughes or a Lafreniere, it will be a distant memory soon enough.
But they might not end up with Hughes or Lafreniere.

If you're relying on the lottery to give you high-end talent, you're playing with fire. At some point in the next couple of years, the Rangers have to make due with whatever picks they have, or they're going to be out of contention for a seriously long time.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

If you're relying on the lottery to give you high-end talent, you're playing with fire. At some point in the next couple of years, the Rangers have to make due with whatever picks they have, or they're going to be out of contention for a seriously long time.

They don't have to.

The consolation prizes are also very, very good.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
maxresdefault.jpg

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

Fortunately I think there are great options outside of those two — though obviously they spring to mind.

But that’s the risk of any endeavor — there’s no guarantee for success. But ultimately you put your best foot forward and try and make it work with as much knowledge as you can acquire, because the goal is to find a path forward.

Reactions: egelband

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Too slight? lol.

If he was too slight through the first 2 periods, there is no reason why that wouldn't apply in the 3rd.

Give the kid real line mates.

As I said before I think hes just better served in Hartford. Hes had pretty near every player on the roster for linemates, he is just not ready to be a goal scorer in the nhl and if that's the case he should be gaining confidence in the AHL with Lias.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
NOT ONE PLAYER ON OUR DEFENSE CAN HANDLE THE PUCK AND MOVE IT LIKE TONY D. NOT EVEN DEBATABLE.

Brady Skjei, Neil Pionk, Marc Staal, Kevin Hayes, Hank, Jesper Fast, Mckloud. These players were a living billboard for Planned Parenthood this game.

Our coach better wake the f*** up. Learn how to change lines without having half the team out on the ice at once and keep playing Tony D

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
1. Postgame note #1- Quinn seemed incensed and/or embarrassed by the too-many-men penalty. He would not reveal the culprit. I like his fire, but he looks physically ill - and it's not even November...

2. Postgame note #2 - Speaking of physically ill, Henrik seemed dejected - dejected in a post-LA Cup game level of dejection. He did make a hell of a save on the 2-on-1 from LA's top centerman, Brendan Smith...

3. Thoughts: I'm counting 4 of 5 bad games from Fast. Something wrong with him?...I'd be all for a hockey trade soon to shake it up (please, Vesey. Please go.)...the next real injury to a forward will bring Lias back...

4. This game feels more like a 6-point weight. Horrid first period, another lost lead a la Carolina, and a crushing way to drop it in regulation. Impending L's to SJ, ANA, and possibly Buffalo could put this thing at 3-10-1 territory...and that's with Henrik playing out of his mind.

So of course, Chytil will bang home two on Thursday and we'll head back home looking for revenge against the Sabres...

Reactions: Richard Banger

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Fortunately I think there are great options outside of those two — though obviously they spring to mind.

But that’s the risk of any endeavor — there’s no guarantee for success. But ultimately you put your best foot forward and try and make it work with as much knowledge as you can acquire, because the goal is to find a path forward.

Yeah, but continuing to cite that there isn't any decision in this portion of the multiverse that has 100% certainty to refute something that is unbelievably apparent in the NHL that drafting super high [i.e. drafting in top 3 a few times and then the top 10 a few times + bought mercenaries] IS overwhelmingly supportive of long term high end success is a great way to stir shit without a specific gripe.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
This rebuild will take time.

This isn’t going to be a year or 2 even.

We cannot be in a hurry for a true rebuild to happen. Having said that, playing the kids is important so we know who we can build around. Worrying about wins and losses at this point is counterproductive.

Quinn is going to need time and he’s going to need to make this his team.

Theres more pain on the way

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Chytil needs to go to Hartford and soon. It’s whats best for him. We’re moving into some bad development territory with him right now. He doesn’t belong here with these mins and no defined role at this time under this coach who looks very much in over his head.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Chytl has the potential to be a Bigtjme offensive player supposedly so here’s what I say the Rangers should do. Keep switching his
Position game to game and play him with our worst offensive players.

Reactions: Kovalev27

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
He's as much to blame as anyone else.

While I'm willing to be a little more patient than usual with Quinn because he's barf green but he really needs to stop dicking around with these lines already.

I can understand that injuries (McQuain, Claesson) prompt different looks as needed but he's now had 6 PS games, 11 RS games along with a full training camp.

Players are never going to develop any chemistry if he's constantly reshuffling the deck.

I'll save the scratch list and the fact that the NZ doesn't exist on NHL ice anymore for now which both beg for questioning but enough is enough with the lines already.
Pick your lines and stick with them..

We could have the head coaching genes of Jordan, Gretzky, Orr, Pele, Unitas, Woods, Ali, Socrates, and Poseidon and we’re still a sub .500 team this season.

Fact is this team sucks.. And that’s OK. We should suck.

But we don’t suck because of our coaching staff. We offloaded: McD, Nash, Grabs, and Holden. We’re playing inexperienced kids (who are looking decent) and Vets like Staal who are clearly finished.

This is a good tank-team. We’re close most games.. But we’re going pointless which come June, is going to matter.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Chytl has the potential to be a Bigtjme offensive player supposedly so here’s what I say the Rangers should do. Keep switching his
Position game to game and play him with our worst offensive players.
In 2-4 years, Chytil playing Wing and Center might be good for him.

I’d like to see him as a Center, but fact Is he’s so raw and young that nobody’s knows which forward position he’ll excel in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad