Post-Game Talk: #11 - 10/28/18 | RANGERS @ kings | 3:30 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
And it had to be Martinez too. Just to twist the knife a little bit.

That puck has to be stopped. I love Lundqvist, but tired of the whole looking at the defenseman in disgust because he screened him or deflected a shot. It was a wrister from above the circle from a defenseman. Cmon.
Didn’t see the game, but if it was screened who cares who took the shot, whether Ovi or M. Staal, a screened shot just needs to find a hole.

I hate the ‘it was only a screened point shot’ or ‘it was deflected 15 feet out at 50 miles an hour, but make the adjustment and stop it anyway’ mantra.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Really loved what I saw from Tony (we're on a first name basis now); hopefully the coaches start to appreciate his skill (though one game is hardly a reliable sample). The rest ... meh.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I also just want to highlight how many people are on here now saying Chytil needs to be sent to Hartford to develop. I got crucified on here for suggesting that the NHL is not the place to be developing talent— that essentially once a player reaches the NHL they are at their max development. Interesting how the sentiment can change when we all start to see the damage that gets done when players are put in spots that are not in line with their stage of development.

If you got crucified then you got crucified bc you were wrong and still are.

There comes a point where every NHL player is ready to make the jump between the minors and the NHL. Those players all still have further developing.

Some get called up too soon and need more time developing elsewhere. Just bc one player might need to go back to the minors does not mean no players can/do develop in the nhl

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
So...based on a Brooks article we know who caused that 'too many men' penalty that made Quinn furious.

It was Tony DeAngelo...I guess he's back in the dog house.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Have to admit that BEFORE I've read that it was 5 out of 6 the defenseman fault, I was chastising Quinnie for those mental/team penalties. I guess it's on the players, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad