GDT: #11 - 10/26/17 | coyotes @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
> Has bad opinion that our best center and 2nd/3rd best defenseman are trash "pansies"
> Complains about people calling out said opinion

This is our 3 win of the season.
This team was dismantled and put together like shit

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I believe you disliked Stepan too correct?

What would work for you?
McDavid on the 1st line and Crosby on the 2nd

Ziba has been good. Shatty has been good

Move. On.

No..Stepan would still be a NYR if it were up to me.
I've moved on but you keep arguing that this is an improved team which is complete BS

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
The problem is, I do remember. The Rangers were 4th in the league in GS just last year. Why did they have so little trouble scoring goals without all of those puck movers?

Listen, I agree that the game has changed. There's little use for slow, shot blocking types anymore. But Shattenkirk came advertised as somewhat of a liability in his zone and he's been worse than advertised. For a guy that apparently cares as much as he does, he sure seems to be "careless" and lacking in effort to me.
Where has he been less than advertised? Maybe to people who were relatively uninformed about what to expect.

I mean I don't know about you but this team did have issues scoring over stretches. Let's not forget that through the beginning of last season, they were scoring in absolute droves, and that was unsustainable. We need a guy like 22. Do I wish he was better at shot sup and overall defense? Yes, but I'm more than happy with what he already brings to this team.

It's not just about the game changing. What I wrote is particularly about people who want something to complain about for the sake of complaining/seeming edgy for no reason.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I happen to be drinking some Bluepoint Hoptical Issusion tonight my man.
They sell it in bulk right around the corner :thumbu:

I'm still not drunk enough to see what it is you're seeing with certain players and their performance though.

If you'd like to elaborate I'm all ears..

Shattenkirk's play in the defensive zone isn't as strong as the class of stay-at-home defenders.

His net effect on the ice though generates more positives, offense, breakout opportunities and less time in the defensive zone squandering around.

Staal is "solid" in the defensive zone but he's in there more often than anyone and can't move the puck out of the zone to save his life.

If you focus so much on the individual plays in the defensive zone by Shattenkirk, it will look bad like if you're staring at the manure trench behind the flower bed.

Zoom out and take a gander at the overall impact he brings.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Is Vesey drunk? All of his passes are like 2 feet off. He's the inverse of Zucc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad