GDT: 11/10/19 Watch Wings vs Knights FREE at nhl.com 5pm EST

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Created both 3rd period goals, Bowey goal went without an ssist, but whatever.

Guy is a real deal.

Two games, 6 team goals (excluding EN goal), and Fabbri is inlvolved in 4/6.

True, he did not get an assist there, but he created that chance.

Reactions: Henkka

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I just assume your morning coffee is full of Mantha’s piss. You will never accept anything he does as being a positive. Your slant is unreal, and at this point it’s pretty sad.

I love mantha and ive been hyping him since the preseason...

just saying we've seen this before from him. Hope he can keep it up this time.

Reactions: Realgud and avssuc

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
Honesty kind of losing faith. He's still so young tho, we're just going to have to be patient.

Given his 'later' 1st round draft position, I think more people need to take that into consideration, not excluding myself. Sometimes I forget that he was drafted when the Wings were still making the playoffs every year. I don't know if even Pepperidge Farm remembers that far back.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Mantha looks as though he has hit his full stride at 25. People were tough on him early on after he was drafted. I think he’s a good example of why patience is needed with guys like Veleno, Zadina, Rasmussen, etc. going forward.

Reactions: RedWingsfan55

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Yeah McIlrath isnt great by any stretch at handling the puck, sometimes its like a grenade for him. But he clears the crease like no one else on the team and actually has looked good on the PK. Theres maybe 3 guys in the league at most that would have a decent shot in a fight with him but would arguably be the toughest and the wings suck. I hope when people get healthy he just sticks around as the number 7. He shouldnt be in every single game but hes a nice option to have for the toughness and crease clearing on the PK.

Hes been better than I expected
I didn't have any issues with him last season for his brief stint. Same holds true this season.

Reactions: Filppula

ridilon

Sep 14, 2017
The Bowey goal was really bad for Subban, straight on the ice and to the left of his pad. That has to be stopped at even the AHL level.
The AA goal was worse imo. Under the right pad. Nobody screening. Hard shot sure, but not blistering. If you can't get butterfly down and close off the bottom then forget it.

Reactions: Gniwder

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Yeah McIlrath isnt great by any stretch at handling the puck, sometimes its like a grenade for him. But he clears the crease like no one else on the team and actually has looked good on the PK. Theres maybe 3 guys in the league at most that would have a decent shot in a fight with him but would arguably be the toughest and the wings suck. I hope when people get healthy he just sticks around as the number 7. He shouldnt be in every single game but hes a nice option to have for the toughness and crease clearing on the PK.

Hes been better than I expected
Did you notice that he had a little chat with Reaves, and it looked like Reaves wanted no part of it. They have fought before, looked like Reaves got a few more punches in, but it was 5 years ago when they both just entered the league. It's always nice to have an enforcer even though they play a much smaller role now.

Also, I'd really like to see them dress 7D, Bowey as the 7th and have him play wing or D. That way if McIlrath gets a major they have an extra D.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Did you notice that he had a little chat with Reaves, and it looked like Reaves wanted no part of it. They have fought before, looked like Reaves got a few more punches in, but it was 5 years ago when they both just entered the league. It's always nice to have an enforcer even though they play a much smaller role now.

Also, I'd really like to see them dress 7D, Bowey as the 7th and have him play wing or D. That way if McIlrath gets a major they have an extra D.

Yeah I did see that. I would think the only guys in the league that might give Reaves pause at this point are Lucic and McIlrath. Part of the reason McIlrath hasnt fought yet is theres no one dumb enough to fight him or tough enough for it to not be dumb except two or three guys. If he can keep a role on the PK, its worth having that kind of guy as a 7th D while the team sucks for sure.

Reactions: Henkka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad