GDT: 11/10/19 Watch Wings vs Knights FREE at nhl.com 5pm EST

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Now just imagine if there was a bonerfried 2C up there with him...

Honestly, that's all you needed to see.

I was listening to 97.1 this morning on the road and they played an audio clip of Blashill talking about who I believe was Fabbri. He made mention of “transitioning him to his natural position of center” which I found interesting.

If it means that he sinks into the D zone and uses the breakout pass that we saw to Bertuzzi a few times and the obvious game winning assist to Mantha, then I am all for it. I know he has been almost exclusively a winger with very little work taking draws and defensively is rough around the edges, but if he can hack it, I say let it ride.

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
I was listening to 97.1 this morning on the road and they played an audio clip of Blashill talking about who I believe was Fabbri. He made mention of “transitioning him to his natural position of center” which I found interesting.

If it means that he sinks into the D zone and uses the breakout pass that we saw to Bertuzzi a few times and the obvious game winning assist to Mantha, then I am all for it. I know he has been almost exclusively a winger with very little work taking draws and defensively is rough around the edges, but if he can hack it, I say let it ride.

I mean, he was out there with Mantha and Larkin... I don't know if I'd attempt to do that, honestly. Let him be the next Nyquist, and shoot for a serious top-6 C via trade or free agency.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
What a smart play by Fabbri. He knew the Vegas d was stepping up to intercept pass. Throws behind and let’s Mo step into it

bedtime20

nap nap
Nov 30, 2018
Metro Detroit
My final thoughts on this game are
Ehn, Bowey, Mantha, AA, and Bernier played well this game which helped us get the win
Last game I said if Bernier keeps playing this well he could be in the running for a Vezina
And he played well again and also Larkin did not have the best game but he had an assist
Subban did not play well

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I mean, he was out there with Mantha and Larkin... I don't know if I'd attempt to do that, honestly. Let him be the next Nyquist, and shoot for a serious top-6 C via trade or free agency.
The problem is that the Wings need a 2C NOW. He's a bit small for a center, but definitely strong for his size. As long as he stays on 1PP, I don't really care if he plays on the first or second line, winger or center.

What a smart play by Fabbri. He knew the Vegas d was stepping up to intercept pass. Throws behind and let’s Mo step into it
Really poor defense to jump up on a bouncing puck. Don't know who that was, but that was a Bowey/Cholo type mistake.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Vegas is gassed. They look like a team who had a short turnaround. The fact that the Wings were able to tie it is huge because the ice is clearly tilting for them.
I come in peace, congrats on the win.

I don't know if it the turn around that this is the 19th game in a row that's stretched into the third period :laugh::laugh::laugh: But Vegas's conditioning, among other things has been pure garbage this season.

Enjoy the win, we didn't deserve it.

Reactions: 14ari13

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I come in peace, congrats on the win.

I don't know if it the turn around that this is the 19th game in a row that's stretched into the third period :laugh::laugh::laugh: But Vegas's conditioning, among other things has been pure garbage this season.

Enjoy the win, we didn't deserve it.

We will enjoy the win, and hope that you get to enjoy the playoffs yet again

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
The problem is that the Wings need a 2C NOW. He's a bit small for a center, but definitely strong for his size. As long as he stays on 1PP, I don't really care if he plays on the first or second line, winger or center.

Really poor defense to jump up on a bouncing puck. Don't know who that was, but that was a Bowey/Cholo type mistake.

I think it was Engelland

Reactions: Gniwder

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
My final thoughts on this game are
Ehn, Bowey, Mantha, AA, and Bernier played well this game which helped us get the win
Last game I said if Bernier keeps playing this well he could be in the running for a Vezina
And he played well again and also Larkin did not have the best game but he had an assist
Subban did not play well
It's great to watch the opponent's goalie chit the bed instead of ours.

Bowey, Ehn (penalty), and Bernie each made one really bad mistake, but they certainly made up for it. If only Bernie would play like he did in the 3rd, this team would win a lot more games.

Ehn and Abby need to shoot. Not sure why they keep trying to feed Helm. They're not going to get ice time if they keep doing that.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Fabbri was basically a free Nyquist replacement.
Was supposed to be Hirose but yes Fabbri looks like he is a top line NHL player for sure. This trade is laughable. Basically the only way we lose is if the guy gets hurt that's every variable

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Fabbri was basically a free Nyquist replacement.

Funny you should say that, because I was thinking that he reminds me of Nyquist when he made that spin move and then fed it to Mantha.

Not sure if there's similarities there at this point, or if I'm just thinking that because he's wearing Nyquist's number.

Either way, seems like a good pickup thus far

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I hope Hirose goes to GR, bulks up w/20 lbs. of muscle & improves skating/speed & willingness to go to the hard areas. He could be a useful future fixture on the 3rd line when we're good/better, or a decent trade piece as part of a bigger package.

Maybe it's just me, but w/o Hirose the line-up plays better. I still wonder if most of the 2nd-4th liners saw Hirose gifted PP1 time & TOI and how little he contributed in all facets of the game (besides the PP), and maybe they were a bit dejected.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Was supposed to be Hirose but yes Fabbri looks like he is a top line NHL player for sure. This trade is laughable. Basically the only way we lose is if the guy gets hurt that's every variable
Yeah, he's everything I was hoping Hirose would become. Now Hirose is expendable.

Funny you should say that, because I was thinking that he reminds me of Nyquist when he made that spin move and then fed it to Mantha.

Not sure if there's similarities there at this point, or if I'm just thinking that because he's wearing Nyquist's number.

Either way, seems like a good pickup thus far
There's lots of similarities. Number, size, skating ability, quickness, decent shot, good vision. Fabbri isn't scared of traffic though, which probably explains how he got hurt. The biggest complaint about Gustav was that he's a perimeter player, and Fabbri will head straight for the net.

Reactions: Winger98

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I hope Hirose goes to GR, bulks up w/20 lbs. of muscle & improves skating/speed & willingness to go to the hard areas. He could be a useful future fixture on the 3rd line when we're good/better, or a decent trade piece as part of a bigger package.
I'm hoping they just let him skip practice and lock him in the weight room. Long term he's better off getting more weight room time than ice time.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Vegas is sinking like a stone. Playing terrible and about to enter into a cap abyss. They were ripe for the picking today. Happy to see the Wings take advantage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad