GDT: 11/10/19 Watch Wings vs Knights FREE at nhl.com 5pm EST

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Bowey still looks like a young kid hanging in the balance. Some instances he makes very good plays, some instances he makes very bad plays. Either he will mature and get it right more times than not, or he will fizzle out of the NHL.
He thinks too slow for the game. The problem is that the only way to fix that is to play more games. Not sure I want to watch that.

The last time he touched the puck he turned it over on a terrible outlet pass. The NHL is tough, you get a split second to make a decision, and he's not capable of making the right one.

He needs to simplify his game and take the safe play. Same problem that Cholo has but it's worse with Bowey.

Reactions: RedMenace

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Still trying to figure out what Hronek was trying to accomplish defending that two on one.
If I was the coach that gets sorted out in practice tomorrow. No excuse for an NHL player not to lay out in that situation.

Considering the number of times this team gives away the puck, every D should be practicing 2 on 1 anyways.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
He thinks too slow for the game. The problem is that the only way to fix that is to play more games. Not sure I want to watch that.

The last time he touched the puck he turned it over on a terrible outlet pass. The NHL is tough, you get a split second to make a decision, and he's not capable of making the right one.

He needs to simplify his game and take the safe play. Same problem that Cholo has but it's worse with Bowey.

Nick Jensen was a prime example of a defenseman who flourished under Blashill when he simplified his game. I think if we want Bowey to be Jensen, it will be a waste of some physical tools, but it might be the only way he lasts in the league.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Nick Jensen was a prime example of a defenseman who flourished under Blashill when he simplified his game. I think if we want Bowey to be Jensen, it will be a waste of some physical tools, but it might be the only way he lasts in the league.
Bowey is better than Jensen was at his age by a lot

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
Plenty of goalies get lit up on rebounds, but it's striking how often the first shot flies right through Bernier.

BIGZ40

Jul 2, 2006
Georgia
Bowey is just not a good defenceman right now. Provides no offense and isn't good defensively either. If your gonna give the guy all day to shoot you gotta be in the lane to block it.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
But he was still on the team, and surrounded by the players and culture during that time. I have to imagine that has a pretty big impact on a young player.

And Per Djoos HAD to have had a moment when he wanted to name his kids after fruit.
…. well there's a reason why the Caps traded him, right?

Also, Ehn and Abby need to freakin' shoot. Can't rely on Helm to be the only shooter on that line.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00