GDT: 11-1-2014 | Game #10 | Flyers @ Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
we'd prolly have to offer up bjugs & guddy + early pick for simmonds & one schenn or something like that. not something i would like to see.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
sorry but a prospect and a 1st (not even a 2015 pick) is no where near enough for simmonds. thats one of the guys they really wouldnt wanna move (along with giroux and voracek). it'd take something substantial to acquire him. if thats all it took he'd be here already. id be ecstatic if thats all it took. they'd rather move read than a guy like simmonds. would we move move huberdeau for cousins and a '16 1st? I'm pretty sure no. he's one of their franchise players right now, you don't move someone like that for a mid level 1st round pick in '16 and a center prospect with 3rd line ceiling.

if the idea is that he'd light it up with giroux, well, he's probably not gonna light it up here, and if thats how the flyers feel too then the deal is possible. they need LW, we need RW. huberdeau could make a good winger for his fellow french canadian in giroux, and they'd still have voracek and read on the rw. simmonds would be a beast with either bjugstad or barkov. a Bergenheim-Barkov-Simmonds, or a Pirri-Bjugstad-Simmonds line would wreck havoc I'm sure.

we need rw, simmonds is one of the best rw in the game. he's signed for the next 4yrs at under 4mil per. thats insane. he's also 26 and is entering his best years. if i could do huberdeau for him i would in a heart beat. he'd be such a better player on this team than huberdeau is. i know he's young and can get better but i don't like his style, size, lack of scoring, simmonds is proven and the exact opposite.

between his contract, his age, his size and skill and style of play, and what he's proven so far in his career (look at his last 3 seasons as well as so far this year), making that deal would be a no brainer for me. but thats just me personally.

haha no no no. simmonds would not be worth a mid/late first round pick this year. he as an excellent contract and philly knows this, plus he brings a rare mix of toughness & goalscoring. we'd have to give up way too much for him. but yeah, it would be a dream to have him on our roster. he's one of my favorite players in the nhl.

I know he's not leaving Philly, just figured saying it over and over in my head would make it happen. :(

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
I know he's not leaving Philly, just figured saying it over and over in my head would make it happen. :(

haha :laugh:
BUT, hopefully we can pick him up as a UFA sometime in the future when we're contendig. he'd loooove it with the nice weather and what not.
simmonds to the panthers by 2019/2020 :yo:

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
What is the most realistically you'd give up for Simmonds?

oh man idk.. i posted that i guess they'd want bjugs + guddy + early pick or something like that but i wouldn't want that.

i guess i'd give up something along the lines of huby & petrovic. it would hurt and probably not be enought but that is sort of how far i'd go. or perhaps huby & kulikov.. nah, idk. it's tough

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
meh, their only interest is probably ekblad/gudbranson/kulikov, they lack a good, established NHL player

i could see them accept something with campbell++

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
oh man idk.. i posted that i guess they'd want bjugs + guddy + early pick or something like that but i wouldn't want that.

i guess i'd give up something along the lines of huby & petrovic. it would hurt and probably not be enought but that is sort of how far i'd go. or perhaps huby & kulikov.. nah, idk. it's tough

Ya it's a tough call for sure. I think Huby + Kulikov is bordering on too much to lose from our POV. Now I'll spend the next 30 minutes scouting gritty, physical RW with a scoring touch, bound to find one :help:

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
Ya it's a tough call for sure. I think Huby + Kulikov is bordering on too much to lose from our POV. Now I'll spend the next 30 minutes scouting gritty, physical RW with a scoring touch, bound to find one :help:

yeah huby & kuli is too much. man, i wish e. kane was rw :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad