GDT: 11/1/19 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New York Islanders

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Cernak might be good to go tonight, Coburn coming out if he is.

Why Rutta and Schenn stay in over him, who knows.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
How was Volkov last game and where did he play?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

Coburn has been pretty bad so far this year. We did give up 6 with Schenn and Rutta in the lineup but neither looked bad or were at fault for any of the goals. We would have 4 RD in that case so doesn't make sense to bench Coburn.

I hope we don't put Maroon back in. The 4th line was much better without him.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

When Rutta was out there at the end of the game vs Jersey I was saying great Ruttas out there this game is going to OT. Seconds later they score. Granted it wasnt his fault, McDonagh got pushed out of the crease by Palmeiri and that was that. Still made me laugh when they scored. And cry a little too...

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I've been out of the loop a bit but can anyone explain Shattenkirk's comments recently about how (paraphrasing):

"These guys have to get over last year. We're not going to be playing like that anymore."

Is this in reference to the apparent system change? If so, has this been publically acknowledged by the players/staff?

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I've been out of the loop a bit but can anyone explain Shattenkirk's comments recently about how (paraphrasing):

"These guys have to get over last year. We're not going to be playing like that anymore."

Is this in reference to the apparent system change? If so, has this been publically acknowledged by the players/staff?

This post is the first time I've seen it/noticed it. But yeah, that sounds like a system thing. And maybe there's a bit of a push-back on the changes.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
If any member of the team is reading this...ahem...TAKE YOUR HEADS OUR OF YOUR ASSES AND PLAY LIKE YOU KNOW YOU CAN. STOP FEELING SORRY FOR YOURSELF, OH YOU DON'T LIKE YOUR COACH? TOO BAD, GROW UP AND PLAY. STOP POUTING.

Got that off my chest.

But yeah, thats pretty much all I think thats wrong with them right now. (yes I want Cooper gone regardless) but I really do think that they are acting like a bunch of prima donnas and pouting because teams aren't just rolling over and letting them win. If everyone on that team started giving 110% and busting their ass then there would be ZERO issues right now.

Go Bolts!

Ya I have absolutely no faith that they win this game they won’t give 100 percent effort and as soon as we get down 2-0 it’s over trotz will trap them

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I'll see if I can find the video.
Here it is about half way through. It's basically what I thought: they are acknowledging that there is a new mentality in the gameplan this year and they cant think they're better than everyone like last year.

If the link doesn't work it was posted recently on the team's Facebook page.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I think the only way we don’t lose this game is if the power in the Arena goes out and they can’t play the game !

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Andy's been pretty good lately on Lightning broadcasts. Pointing out facets of the game that the game-in-game-out broadcasts overlook because everything is in the moment. It's been what I've wanted for years. Give fans the tools to be better viewers.

I think we all hear crazy things casual fans say in the stands. 'No one dumps-and-chases anymore' (in the most literal sense because they hear about the popularity of the possession game). Not understanding why a forward would pass the puck to a defenseman (when there're no options) on a breakout, etc. There are many season ticket holders who don't really understand what they're looking at.

A lot of fans seem to need to make that leap to appreciate the backup plan. That you can't always get the perfect order of events. Sometimes the Lightning will break their plays on their own just fine, but the other team is trying to mess them up too. It goes both ways.

Sun Sports/Lightning should clip these segments for social media.

Last edited:

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Just got home so I'm ready to watch the game. Hope to see the team show up tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad