GDT: 11/1/19 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New York Islanders

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Red hot team at home meets not so hot team. Our team hasn’t all showed up at same time for many games so far. This is what gets coaches fired regardless of past successes.

Reactions: DFC

Powerplay17

Feb 13, 2018
Tampa
You can spot the Trotz coached teams a mile away. Even when the Lightning carried the play at times, the Isles push back was excellent.

Bolts play scared and soft just waiting for something bad to happen. The fragility here is so concerning.

Meuracas

Nov 2, 2013
The horn blew and everyone on the bench looked like a stone statue. The islanders were already jumping over the boards but nobody on that benched even moved.

FIRE COOPER NOW
St4YOB2.png

For what it's worth, some of them obviously have moved and are standing up. Also not sure how that's a sign of anything, obviously you are (initially) deflated when you lose a game and when things don't work out. The best players have the shortest memory, so here's to hoping our guys can learn, adjust and put this behind them fast.

That being said, I am also about to jump the Fire Cooper wagon if their play does not change towards the end of the year.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
For what it's worth, some of them obviously have moved and are standing up. Also not sure how that's a sign of anything, obviously you are (initially) deflated when you lose a game and when things don't work out. The best players have the shortest memory, so here's to hoping our guys can learn, adjust and put this behind them fast.

That being said, I am also about to jump the Fire Cooper wagon if their play does not change towards the end of the year.

If we wait until new year we might not get to the playoffs playing like this

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
We keep talking Fire Cooper, and I agree, but who's the replacement gonna be?

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Glad I haven't been wasting time watching this **** team.
I've watched maybe 3 games this season in their entirety and I feel like I'm a better person for it.

The condensed game while I'm at the gym is usually enough for me to get the gist of their trash play.

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
I don't think it was such a bad game, yes, the result was obviously bad but as some Islanders fans, they had the bounces since they are hot, we didn't since we are cold. I think the Stockholm break will be good for the team, change of scenary etc

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
You forgot:

"We were having passport issues which distracted the team. Oh, wrong game, got it. Just save it for the next two games please."
Lol

"Yeah the passport thing was a little deflating, so I understand how their legs were a little weary for both games."

"Luckily Heddy brought us out for some decadent dinners, which helped ease our weary minds. The guys got rewarded for their effort with some just great meatballs."

Last edited:
Reactions: DaBolts

Meuracas

Nov 2, 2013
Yes, it feels great to stay until 3am to watch these guys play like crap
Well, it's an hour later where I am so I feel ya, meant to stay up last night but couldn't. Lived in BCN for some 4 years and my other half's from there as well, hope all's good amidst all the stuff going on lately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->