GDT: 11/1/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Nashville vs Tampa Bay

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I love stammer so my posts were reactionary to his terrible game. I still have last year's ECF taste in my mouth. Is this a slump? Or the beginning of the end?

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
A $6m player, to me, makes us a better team, because the savings would help us keep Yanni Gourde, among others, while a $6m player would fill the void left by Stamkos, and possibly be an improvement.

Stamkos might actually consider waiving for Toronto, although the paycut would be severe (he's paid mostly in bonuses), and I would strongly consider a Nylander-for-Stamkos trade, if we could ink Nylander for less than 7, even though I doubt we'd be willing to deal with Toronto.
Are you insane?

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Also, I wasn't able to see the game last night and thus could not post this. Better late then never.

HxOKwqU.jpg

Reactions: JDBolt and Palat

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Or haul him for picks/prospects, Duchene is UFA this year with speed/skill and faceoff abilities, wouldn't come in more than 7m either.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
I believe in Steven Stamkos.
Please, everyone who is with me, like this post :)

Btw, if we want to trade him...we've to bring a better player with, more or less, the same salary.
Any ideas...?
I do, too but "does he believe in himself?" is also the question here. Let alone know himself...??
Some of us see him loosing his confidence...

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I do, too but "does he believe in himself?" is also the question here. Let alone know himself...??
Some of us see him loosing his confidence...

I think he's lost more than just his confidence. He's lost a step, and he's lost a hair of a second on his release. He's still one of the best shooters in the game, but it's no longer a question of him or Ovechkin for the top spot, the way it used to be. His shot is still plenty hard, but I don't think it's as unpredictable as it used to be. At least not with any kind of consistency. That said, there's no reason he shouldn't be scoring 30+ every year, if he'd just stop trying so hard to be Mr. Everything.

Reactions: LonLon Lei

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
I think he's lost more than just his confidence. He's lost a step, and he's lost a hair of a second on his release. He's still one of the best shooters in the game, but it's no longer a question of him or Ovechkin for the top spot, the way it used to be. His shot is still plenty hard, but I don't think it's as unpredictable as it used to be. At least not with any kind of consistency. That said, there's no reason he shouldn't be scoring 30+ every year, if he'd just stop trying so hard to be Mr. Everything.
I would love to see him sniping it past goalies like he used to. He is one of my favorite hockey players of all time and it sucks to see him playing like this. I'm not sure how many goals he'll score this year but currently he only has two.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I would love to see him sniping it past goalies like he used to. He is one of my favorite hockey players of all time and it sucks to see him playing like this. I'm not sure how many goals he'll score this year but currently he only has two.

If current trends continue, I don't see him hitting 30. He's not getting "close" multiple times per game, the way guys in a routine slump do. They always say: You don't have to worry as long as you're still getting chances. It's when the chances dry up that you have to worry.

Well, I'm not seeing Stamkos get more chances than a 20-25 goal-scorer right now. I think his shot will get him past that number, because he still should land at > 14% shooting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad