GDT: 11/08/2019 | Game 18 | Bruins @ Red Wings | 7:30 EST

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
I cant wait until Marchand finally fights with Bertuzzi. I cant count how many times he would mouth off and slash or punch at someone then hide behind a ref.

Reactions: RedMenace

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I'm not one to puff my own trumpet, but I called for the same thing when Brendan Smith was here... and it never happened.

Guess where he's a relatively effective forward? Not the Wings.

If nobody else does so you have to.

Oct 18, 2006
GREAT start by Fabbri.

Bernier was outstanding.

I’m actually really pleasantly impressed with McIlrath. Bowey meanwhile is horrible.

Last edited:

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Looking at naturalstattrick, Larkin's line actually won the battle with Bergeron's both on the ice and in terms of all the fancy stats too.
and isnt it amazing what a great coach blash is with these 3 on the ice but becomes a bum coach when helm-abdelkader-ehn-erne-neilsen-filpula are on the ice . how this 'idiot' cant get helm-abs-ehn-ernie-neilsen-flip-howard and our elite level defense to win games is infuriating to know it all wing fans

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI
That also gave me hope about Svechnikov, Fabbri's injury happened twice on the same knee.

I also think that some Steve Yzerman is an expert how to live as a player with this kind of problems.

I think another factor Yzermans understanding of how well Barwis deals with these types of injuries.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
and isnt it amazing what a great coach blash is with these 3 on the ice but becomes a bum coach when helm-abdelkader-ehn-erne-neilsen-filpula are on the ice . how this 'idiot' cant get helm-abs-ehn-ernie-neilsen-flip-howard and our elite level defense to win games is infuriating to know it all wing fans
His roster decisions, player usage, and lines are questionable, and it took him 17 games to fix the power play.

Hicketts, Biega, and Hirose are not NHL players. I've said all along that McIlrath was best option for 7th D, heck he might even be better than Bowey. I also said Green needed to sit out a couple of games to get his head straight, and the BLM line should be kept together.

The PP wasn't effective because they were trying too hard to set up Mantha and Hronek. Too many long distance shots without a screen. Look at where Fabbri set up. It also looked like they practiced passing.

Starting Bernie was a no brainer after Howard played like dog poo, but I give credit to Blash for playing Fabbri right away and putting him on PP1 in his first game. Those decisions won the game. The coach's job is to make decisions that help the team win. He's finally starting to make better decisions....

As for Howard, he needs to be sent down to GR.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
How was Perlini in this one?

got chances just didnt finish em off.

I feel like he wasn't out in the 3rd period much (or at all?). Blash had Flip (51) and Neilsen (81) on a line together eating minutes. I haven't noticed Perlini as a liability, so not sure why he was benched. INjured?

EDIT: Just looked it up, looks like Perlini only played 78 seconds in the 3rd period last night.

Last edited:

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I feel like he wasn't out in the 3rd period much (or at all?). Blash had Flip (51) and Neilsen (81) on a line together eating minutes. I haven't noticed Perlini as a liability, so not sure why he was benched. INjured?

EDIT: Just looked it up, looks like Perlini only played 78 seconds in the 3rd period last night.

I don't think he's safe enough to trust protecting a lead and not dangerous enough to try to sneak him on for a few shifts. The Wings look to condense lines to eat those hard minutes and he's sort of left without a dance partner.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
The Bruins are the team that I love beating.
Obviously all breaks went our way.
And finally we had the goalie plays good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad