GDT: 11/08/2019 | Game 18 | Bruins @ Red Wings | 7:30 EST

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Being better than Hicketts isn't something to be proud of.
No but he makes the team better than the other options right now.

He can rotate with McIlrath once DDK gets back. Ideally they're both 7D.

I still would rather see Bowey converted to a forward since the team only has one RH forward, who oddly shoots with his backhand most of the time.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
- mantha playing excellent on both sides of puck , so smart besides being rugged and talented = 8X$8 . that bum blash doing a terrible job with his development aint he ?
- nemeth continues to make lots of good plays , excellent signing . maybe long term add too
- abdelkader moving better ands a good 4 line grinder now with the better wheels
- i cant say enough about tuzzi . such a high hockey iq to go with ruggedness and hustle

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I still would rather see Bowey converted to a forward since the team only has one RH forward, who oddly shoots with his backhand most of the time.
Was destined to be so ever since his parents wrote "Backhand Luke" on the birth certificate.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Just wanna give a big shout out to Hronek. Being matched up against arguably the best line in the league and not looking out of place at all. He's gonna be so good for us now and in the future.
Pasternak gave him a spin move in the first though. Bernie was solid and bailed him out.

Reactions: RedMenace

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
upload_2019-11-8_22-58-58.png

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
Didn't give the Bruins many looks tonight, some of the credit goes to the top line and Nemeth/Hronek/Bernier, but they still made too many bad giveaways for my liking, thought for sure Boston was going to capitalize and yet, couldn't get much offense going. We got lucky, but how things have been going lately I'll definitely take it.

Happy for Fabbri. I really didn't know his shot was that good watching recent footage on him, but wow. Nice elevation on the second goal. Hope to see him play with Larkin and Bertuzzi a bit over the next few games, I think that could be a very good line.

Reactions: LazyT

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I'm not one to puff my own trumpet, but I called for the same thing when Brendan Smith was here... and it never happened.

Guess where he's a relatively effective forward? Not the Wings.
The thing is that Bowey is right handed, has a decent one timer, and cycle the puck really well. I don't see any reason why he couldn't be a third line winger. I'm sure he'd be better than Erne, Ehn, or Abby.

Reactions: RedMenace

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Just going to enjoy this win for awhile. hopefully this team turns the corner a bit now and is at least respectable again on most nights.

Reactions: 14ari13

TimIsRetired

Jun 22, 2019
Wow. I hate to be a buzz kill but Boston didn't show up tonight. That was their worst game of the year by far. How many stupid penalties did they take in the offensive zone?

Reactions: Mijatovic

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Just going to enjoy this win for awhile. hopefully this team turns the corner a bit now and is at least respectable again on most nights.
That depends on highly the goaltender. Bernie bailed the team out multiple times, not something he or Howie can do on a regular basis.

The goalie has to be the best Pker on the team, Bernie did a good job. Team only allowed one PP goal when Nemeth broke his stick.

TimIsRetired

Jun 22, 2019
Agree. Even without Moore, Miller, Kuhlman, Nordstrom, Lindholm, Backes, Ritchie and DeBrusk. I'm glad we won a game but...I don't know that we can pat ourselves on the back about the Bruins dismal effort.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Wow. I hate to be a buzz kill but Boston didn't show up tonight. That was their worst game of the year by far. How many stupid penalties did they take in the offensive zone?

How many stupid penalties?

They took Boston stupid penalties.

All of them. They deserved every one they got, and then some. Shittiest team in the league, and yeah, I'm f***ing biased.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->