OT: 108th Obsequious Banter Thread: Nine dozen eggs and not one broken

The incredible edible egg, liked or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
I can’t do that because those stupid TSA-approved plastic buckle versions have ruined the entire concept. Every time I fly, I feel like I’m saying I can’t dress myself.
Oh, are those actually a thing? I assumed it was just bif being bif and he was referring to one of these:

38c43ef3-2f85-4e1e-933d-4e822e898e60.99d88c51c9c3a257b383ba88a1c63a77.jpeg

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Most Nike retros are not built for comfort, fyi. :laugh:

I figured as much, hense the hesitation. A damn shame. It was like walking on air I the most comfortable pair of slippers, but you're also ready for a pick up game.

Who the hell buys $300 for a pair of shoes?!

View attachment 633160

I would never spend that on shoes, but to answer your question, it would be the people who buy them to put on wall and rarely wear them.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I used to have a staunch no sweatpants in public rule. I would always switch over to jeans/pants if I had to run out somewhere. Then covid hit, then the second kid came, then I started working from home full time. I will now wear respectable looking sweatpants outside the house, because I have been worn down to a fine powder at this point and don't give a shit what anyone thinks anymore.

Joggers to the store = ok. Jnco style sweatpants are not ok in public though.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I spend $250 for work boots every year. Work boots are miles ahead of basketball shoes and the reasonability to spend large portions of money on.

You buy a new pair every year?! Just get them resoled! For example, Red Wing charges $115 for a resole and $140 for the full rebuild.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I figured as much, hense the hesitation. A damn shame. It was like walking on air I the most comfortable pair of slippers, but you're also ready for a pick up game.
I’m sure you can find insoles to make them comfortable, but it won’t be natural in all likelihood. NBA guys play in these things after all.

I bought a pair of retro air maxes last month and it’s like walking on blocks of wood lol.

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

I would never spend that on shoes, but to answer your question, it would be the people who buy them to put on wall and rarely wear them.
That I “get”. I don’t understand it but I get it. I don’t get spending $300 on sneakers to wear about.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This is hfboards history. This post needs to be dipped on bronze and hung from a car mirror

If it’s not on you, you might as well not have it. I do not get that craze.

I forget when you said you left the Corps, but my brother-in-law was in right as the "boogaloo" thing started taking off. Where they'd all embrace all this wacky stuff as a joke, go online pumping it up as awesome, and laugh about it. He and all his veteran buddies own a ton of this stuff. The only time they wear it is when they all get together and they collectively dress as tacticool as possible, for their camping trips or vet benefit marches. Tactical wallets! Tactical backpacks! Multiple tactical fannypacks! Tactical baseball caps! One dude has a cap with cutouts to prevent his sunglasses from hitting the brim (what?), with a concealed knife (too small and badly designed to use in any way) in the brim, and velcro for nightvision stuff; that's a big hit.

But the problem was that a lot of dudes (both in service, and especially civilians online) didn't realize all these guys are being sarcastic as hell for all this goofy stuff. They see a Marine pumping up how they'd have never survived their tour in Afghanistan without their tactical flashlight™️ and so they want to buy it. Then they do, and guys like my BIL and his friends crack up at them for actually doing it. He has one of those holster chest fannypacks actually; he wears it to carry his tactical wallet. When he rarely carries, it's on his hip, because the pack is apparently useless.

I love watching it from the outside. They're so happy with their idiotic joke gadgets, and even happier seeing people wearing them seriously.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
You buy a new pair every year?! Just get them resoled! For example, Red Wing charges $115 for a resole and $140 for the full rebuild.
My company doesn’t pay to have them resoled. I asked and they refused. So instead of buying me a pair of boots every few years at $250 and half that to fix them, they have the privilege of buying me a new pair each year.
I never said it was my money that I spend on boots.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I forget when you said you left the Corps, but my brother-in-law was in right as the "boogaloo" thing started taking off. Where they'd all embrace all this wacky stuff as a joke, go online pumping it up as awesome, and laugh about it. He and all his veteran buddies own a ton of this stuff. The only time they wear it is when they all get together and they collectively dress as tacticool as possible, for their camping trips or vet benefit marches. Tactical wallets! Tactical backpacks! Multiple tactical fannypacks! Tactical baseball caps! One dude has a cap with cutouts to prevent his sunglasses from hitting the brim (what?), with a concealed knife (too small and badly designed to use in any way) in the brim, and velcro for nightvision stuff; that's a big hit.

But the problem was that a lot of dudes (both in service, and especially civilians online) didn't realize all these guys are being sarcastic as hell for all this goofy stuff. They see a Marine pumping up how they'd have never survived their tour in Afghanistan without their tactical flashlight™️ and so they want to buy it. Then they do, and guys like my BIL and his friends crack up at them for actually doing it. He has one of those holster chest fannypacks actually; he wears it to carry his tactical wallet. When he rarely carries, it's on his hip, because the pack is apparently useless.

I love watching it from the outside. They're so happy with their idiotic joke gadgets, and even happier seeing people wearing them seriously.
That’s either people who have too much money or too little intelligence.
All that shit still is in “fashion?” At the moment. Normal Fanny packs will most likely become a thing again, at least in that community. There’s a company online that makes some really damn good gear that has been pestered to release some in specific patterns and due to that they have.
Fashion over form is idiotic.
The people that dress like that at the range are the ones you more often than not need to watch for negligent discharges. They know their gear more than they know their firearms, but still somehow they don’t know how to properly use their gear. Or wear it. Or where to wear it on their body.

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
That’s either people who have too much money or too little intelligence.
All that shit still is in “fashion?” At the moment. Normal Fanny packs will most likely become a thing again, at least in that community. There’s a company online that makes some really damn good gear that has been pestered to release some in specific patterns and due to that they have.
Fashion over form is idiotic.
The people that dress like that at the range are the ones you more often than not need to watch for negligent discharges. They know their gear more than they know their firearms, but still somehow they don’t know how to properly use their gear. Or wear it. Or where to wear it on their body.

A lot of those fannypack holsters are kinda hard to get the pistol out of compared to other options, which is a great way to end up shooting yourself or others on accident. Since nobody seems to do revolvers anymore. I guess those aren't cool enough. It's usually always obvious what they're for too, which seems to be announcing "steal this bag for free gun." Like any fanny pack they're held on by regular clips, and I don't know how many times I've heard reports of fannypacks being stolen right off tourists around the Mall in DC.

Reactions: Lord Defect

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
A lot of those fannypack holsters are kinda hard to get the pistol out of compared to other options, which is a great way to end up shooting yourself or others on accident. Since nobody seems to do revolvers anymore. I guess those aren't cool enough. It's usually always obvious what they're for too, which seems to be announcing "steal this bag for free gun." Like any fanny pack they're held on by regular clips, and I don't know how many times I've heard reports of fannypacks being stolen right off tourists around the Mall in DC.
A ton of conceal carriers might have their guns concealed but their attire screams “I’m carrying”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad