OT: 108th Obsequious Banter Thread: Nine dozen eggs and not one broken

The incredible edible egg, liked or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Finished Letterkenney and started Shoresy yesterday during the great knee recovery treat yo self movie marathon of 23. I need a break from this brand of humor. The shtick got kind of old after binging 15 episodes in a row.

Think im gonna try and switch it up today and watch the new "All Quiet on the Western Front"

Reactions: trostol

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
You can see who in this thread doesn't have the legs to pull off the "shorts all year round" look.

They pretend it's because of warmth, but really it's shame.
giphy (1).gif

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Call them tactical yoga shorts and 95% of the people who wouldn't wear them because of the name now will. Marketing is weird.

The tacticool phenomenon is just about the cringiest thing in the world. Tacticool fanny packs you wear like a bandolier around your chest are a thing now. For concealed carry. If I get caught in a firefight, I hope I can at least die laughing at some tryhard trying to wrestle with their fannypack zipper to get their gun loose in a stressed situation.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
All it took was shorts talk for you to pull the "couldn't hack it" card like you scored 6 Goals over 130 games for the Blues in the mid-70s.
Wait wait wait, no no no. Don’t you dare.

I’m not saying you guys aren’t tough enough to stand the cold, I’m saying you don’t have the beauty.

It'd be a travesty to hide these legs for months out of the year. I can't rob people of that gift. So I tolerate the cold, for others sake. I’m not saying I’m a hero but one can’t deny the hero-like qualities.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Mine do! Wish I could tell you the make. Maybe they are an older style. I think I got them as a gift last year. They're definitely out there if you want them bad enough.

View attachment 632916

If you are just looking for basic gray sweats to lounge in, I just bought a bunch of Amazon branded ones for 10 bucks on Cyber Monday. They are pretty good for the price.

20230110_082255.jpg

I've had these forever. I recently got rid if a pair in dark blue, because the elastic was shot, and the waist tie was gone. I probably had them close to 20 years. Nice tip on the Amazon sweats.
when at home i am usually in some sort of basketball shorts..nice and loose and comfy

what i am saddened by is..the best pair of shoes i ever had were these fantastic high-top UA shoes..so comfortable to the point i used duct tape to hold them together for like ..3 years..haven't found them since or anything close

Screenshot_20230110-123559_Chrome.jpg

These were my all time favorite. I'd buy them now, if I was sure they weren't some kind of knock-off. Comfy as hell, quick laces that actually worked, as light as an Air Pegasus, and of course, sexy as f***. Great for any sports activity or just wearing out.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I just hit the supermarket (various), the pet shop (28lb bag of "Taste of the Wild" kibble), and the liquor store (wine, Bailey's) wearing my Adidas warmup pants and my Phillies hoodie (with down vest on top). Suck it haters.

Comfort is luxury. You can perfect the look by getting a holster for a vinegar bottle.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Prior to having my children (4 years ago) I was rather big into fashion. Had subscriptions to GQ and everything. I would spend excessive amounts of money on clothing. The office used to refer to me as the 'office GQ'. But, many of my clients were from top fortune 100 companies. So you had to appear professional to most of them. I still do on occasion have to dress fancy, when I give presentations to regulators or to the clients...Although now, they are almost entirely virtual so it's not too bad.

Fast forward to now, and I don't think I've purchased myself a button down shirt in 3 or 4 years, for two main reasons. 1) I just don't need to anymore 2) I had zero excess spending money due to my children.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
This is hfboards history. This post needs to be dipped on bronze and hung from a car mirror

The tacticool phenomenon is just about the cringiest thing in the world. Tacticool fanny packs you wear like a bandolier around your chest are a thing now. For concealed carry. If I get caught in a firefight, I hope I can at least die laughing at some tryhard trying to wrestle with their fannypack zipper to get their gun loose in a stressed situation.
If it’s not on you, you might as well not have it. I do not get that craze.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
View attachment 633083

I've had these forever. I recently got rid if a pair in dark blue, because the elastic was shot, and the waist tie was gone. I probably had them close to 20 years. Nice tip on the Amazon sweats.

View attachment 633085

These were my all time favorite. I'd buy them now, if I was sure they weren't some kind of knock-off. Comfy as hell, quick laces that actually worked, as light as an Air Pegasus, and of course, sexy as f***. Great for any sports activity or just wearing out.
Who the hell buys $300 for a pair of shoes?!

Comfort is luxury. You can perfect the look by getting a holster for a vinegar bottle.
1673382060897.jpeg

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
While we are at it, all of you regardless of gender need to scrap your traditional belts. No more cramming a piece of metal through a hole. Get a ratchet buckle belt. Infinitely and rapidly adjustable. Life-changing.

I can’t do that because those stupid TSA-approved plastic buckle versions have ruined the entire concept. Every time I fly, I feel like I’m saying I can’t dress myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad