Golf: 103rd PGA Championship - May 20-23

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I know there's been some controversey over clubs and putting recently, but how do you cheat in golf? You swing, you hit the ball, hopefully it goes in the hole. It's not like the ball is corked or anything.

I’m guessing you’re not a golfer, there’s so many ways to cheat, golf is the one sport where you really can actually cheat. Maybe not as much on Tour but lower levels and recreationally it’s very easy.

Moving your ball out of the way of an obstacle, adjusting your lie out of rough/sand, not counting all your strokes, dropping a lost ball and not taking strokes.

and not so much “cheating” but I’ve played with a lot of people who just give themself 5-6 foot putts that they would miss a decent amount of time like they were tap ins

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
I can’t believe koepka missed that Putt Phil’s lead widens with 8 left. What a weekend for Phil

Jan 3, 2012
I’m guessing you’re not a golfer, there’s so many ways to cheat, golf is the one sport where you really can actually cheat. Maybe not as much on Tour but lower levels and recreationally it’s very easy.

Moving your ball out of the way of an obstacle, adjusting your lie out of rough/sand, not counting all your strokes, dropping a lost ball and not taking strokes.

and not so much “cheating” but I’ve played with a lot of people who just give themself 5-6 foot putts that they would miss a decent amount of time like they were tap ins

This is all cheating 100% on tour and worthy of penalty, but unless you are playing serious recreationally or competing with a friend it isn't a big deal.

When I golf I don't even keep score and routinely improve lies and don't putt out. I'm just having fun, not trying to tweak something muscling a ball out of deep rough.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
This is all cheating 100% on tour and worthy of penalty, but unless you are playing serious recreationally or competing with a friend it isn't a big deal.

When I golf I don't even keep score and routinely improve lies and don't putt out. I'm just having fun, not trying to tweak something muscling a ball out of deep rough.

Ill move my ball off cart paths, tree-roots, rocks, and some other hard-pan lies, mainly because I don’t wanna scratch or f*** my clubs up. Other than that I try to play it as it lies and be (somewhat) honest.

And If your ball rotates a Revolution in the rough when you ground or take the club back, who gives a f***. I don’t take a stroke for stuff like that.

Only thing that irks me is when people who say they shot this great number and what not doing the things I originally mentioned, when their scores aren’t really legit at all

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Ill move my ball off cart paths, roots, rocks, some hard pan lies like, only because I don’t wanna f*** my clubs up. Other than that I try to play it as it lies and be honest.

And If your ball moves a Revolution in the rough when you ground or take it back, who gives a f***. I don’t take a stroke for stuff like that.

Only thing that irks me is when people who say they shot this great number and what not doing the things you’re doing when their scores aren’t really legit at all

ye, when I go with my friend and he's like I shot this, yeah but you had multiple gimmies you didn't score.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I know there’s been a bunch of crazy multiple shot swings, but that’s it for Brooks.

Insert golf twitters favorite gif ‘Vince Carter it’s over’

The Par 5s absolutely killed him

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
I bet Tiger is inching to get on tour seeing what's going on right now. If Phil (who's 5.5 years older and an inferior golfer to him) can come out and do this at his age, Tiger has to be liking his chances if he can make a full recovery from his injuries from the crash

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA

I'm not a golfer, which is kinda why I asked the question.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
apologies if it came of condescending.

Not at all. I've actually been thinking about social activities one can do post Covid and lockdowns and I keep returning to the whole Golf thing. Also, my friend is a golfer. I'm probably going to really suck at it, but I am looking for ways to be more social, and there is always golf.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I've really enjoyed the scenery of this golf course this weekend. My closest course is Pebble Beach and that is always fun, and seeing this course reminds me of Pebble quite a bit. Maybe this one is a lot more out in the open, but with the ocean in the background it's really picturesque.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad