Golf: 103rd PGA Championship - May 20-23

Elvis P

Chips from the chocolate fireball
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Phil is a legend. I would love to see him win another major or two especially at his age.
He is, but in the first half of their careers he and Norman were always first on Saturday, second on Sunday.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
He is, but in the first half of their careers he and Norman were always first on Saturday, second on Sunday.
This comparison is very unfair to Phil. Norman only won 2 majors, both the Open Championship. Phil has won the Masters 3 times, the Open and PGA Championshp once and is only... like 6 2nds at the US Open from a Grand Slam. Phil is by far the superior golfer, shouldn't be uttered in the same comparison as Norman.

Elvis P

Chips from the chocolate fireball
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Agreed. Tiger and Phil should not be mentioned in the same sentence.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Agreed. Tiger and Phil should not be mentioned in the same sentence.
I've always seen Rory as the next Phil rather than the next Tiger. No one will ever be as great as Tiger in a very very long time but Rory's place in history will probably be close to where Phil's is right now, possibly higher

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Brooks is missing a ton of makeable putts, I felt if he went God mode this thing was his. If Phil cannot hold on and maybe starts to fatigue I think Grace/Woodland look next most impressive so far

Jan 3, 2012
I still hope Bryson can steal it, but I'm fine with Hideki or Phil. Okay with Koepka but not thrilled.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Pavs are you gunna go on a "Phil is cheating" tirade

I find it hard to be too enthusiastic about rooting for him. I was never a fan of his, but realize his place in the history of the sport. When he’s won, I viewed it as much more important than Shane Lowry or Jimmy Walker winning a major. The incident in Mexico and the one at Shinnecock make it even harder for me to like him, but I’d be a hypocrite if I said it was all about these incidents. Tiger had plenty of them. I’d prefer Phil wins to some others, but I still wouldn’t say I ever root for him, unless the options are limited.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad