Golf: 103rd PGA Championship - May 20-23

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Honestly this should be an inspiration to anyone who’s ever said they're too old or late in life to achieve something. I've met way too many people who are in their 40s/50s/60s+ (and some even as young as in their 30s) say they're too old to do x, y, and z but in reality, until the day you're 6 ft under ground, it's never too late.

Tiger went from 4 back surgeries and barely being able to get out of bed again to Masters champ. Phil looked like he was over five mountains and was likely banished to the champions tour but here he still is winning a major at 51!

Last edited:

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
Honestly this should be an inspiration to anyone who says they're too old or late in life to achieve something. I've met way too many people who are in their 40s/50s (and some even in their 30s) say they're too old to do x, y, and z but in reality, until the day you're 6 ft under ground, it's never too late.

Tiger went from 4 back surgeries and being unable to walk again to Masters champ. Phil looked like he was over five mountains and was likely banished to the champions tour but here he still is at 51!

100%. That doesn’t go for just sports , but any dream you may have.

I found the win super inspiring .

Reactions: Maestro84

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
A39721C0-E642-4BC8-ABC3-BB81C99493E2.jpeg

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Great win by Phil. Tough course no doubt but would've been better if one of the contenders put a little more pressure on him.

On another note, awful job by the PGA on security at the 18th green. Koepka said he and his caddie got dinged as the crowd swarmed. Intentional or not that was completely avoidable.

Add in inebriated fans and just one unhinged person and it could've been worse.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Not to many from his "peer" group. Like most people the Phil today is not the guy he was from age 20 to 40.
I mean I'm not sure how much golf you actually watch but he had plenty of golfers from different groups stay back to congratulate him. The fact that this triggers his haters to ignore reality is the best.

Reactions: Thucydides

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I didn’t get to watch the full telecast today like I would’ve wanted to, but seeing the ending on DVR, I think this is one of the most historic moments in golf history. Someone Phil’s age should not be winning. That he was able to beat the best in the world out of nowhere at age 50 is probably his greatest career achievement.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I mean I'm not sure how much golf you actually watch but he had plenty of golfers from different groups stay back to congratulate him. The fact that this triggers his haters to ignore reality is the best.
What Phil did is a great accomplishment and good for you that you enjoyed his win. Regardless I don't like the guy and couldn't care less about it. And for the record I watch a lot of golf and have for a long time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad