OT: 102d Obsequious Banter Thread: The One That Interlocked Plastic and Silverware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
So this week I'm doing a 'staycation' where my kids and wife are going to school and work. It's just me at home, it's been sick. I highly recommend it. Played golf Monday and Tuesday, doing some work around my house today, meeting up with a buddy I haven't seen in years tomorrow, and probably golfing again on Friday.

At times, it's better than an actual beach vacation.
Where'd you play this week?

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Played Kimberton on Monday and Broad Run on Tuesday. Played like shit on Tuesday.

Monday was awesome because the weather wasn’t great, so no one was on the course. The rain stayed away for long enough for me to get about 15 holes in.
What kind of shape was broad run in? They really jacked their rates up with the pandemic golf. Is it worth it?

I've been struggling so hard this year. I can get off the tee no problem, but 9 fairways yesterday and 4 of this missed were by yards, but man, those irons I bought, I can't hit them this year.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Is season 3 of Barry the darkest dark comedy ever made? That shit was intense.

Is it? I should probably pick it up again. I watched S1, but found it just ok. I really like the premise, the actors, but lost interest.

I've read a few places saying that it really does pick up quite a bit.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Is it? I should probably pick it up again. I watched S1, but found it just ok. I really like the premise, the actors, but lost interest.

I've read a few places saying that it really does pick up quite a bit.
I thought it was great from the beginning, but it does pick up as it goes along. The writing and acting have been superb. They announced a 4th season is on the way as well.

I just saw that it has a 99% on Rotten Tomatoes, which is wild.

Reactions: flyersnorth

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
What kind of shape was broad run in? They really jacked their rates up with the pandemic golf. Is it worth it?

I've been struggling so hard this year. I can get off the tee no problem, but 9 fairways yesterday and 4 of this missed were by yards, but man, those irons I bought, I can't hit them this year.

It was in decent shape. The course has awesome views, bunkers were more firm than I anticipated. Some greens were all over the place in terms of speed and reception. Most greens were hit, hop and stick, but some were hit and spin, and others were rolling out. Made it difficult to judge.

My iron game has gotten pretty damned good but my driver is all over the place. I shot a 95, but I lost 4 tee shots in the woods and missed about 6 putts from within 10’. I don’t think I played as bad as my scorecard said, I just didn’t play it particularly well.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Usually, I go to outer banks in September (not this year). If you're familiar, I go to Avon, Buxton...The southern towns where it's a lot more relaxed. The problem with that is hurricane season.
I remember a snooty coworker buying a house on Topsail Island in the early 90s. I asked about the hurricanes. She gave me a huff and said the island hadn't been hit since 59. 4 hurricanes proceeded to hit the island between 96 and 99. She sold that house and bought one inland.

Reactions: VladDrag

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
It was in decent shape. The course has awesome views, bunkers were more firm than I anticipated. Some greens were all over the place in terms of speed and reception. Most greens were hit, hop and stick, but some were hit and spin, and others were rolling out. Made it difficult to judge.

My iron game has gotten pretty damned good but my driver is all over the place. I shot a 95, but I lost 4 tee shots in the woods and missed about 6 putts from within 10’. I don’t think I played as bad as my scorecard said, I just didn’t play it particularly well.
Yeah, the course offers some great views. Their driving range sure is something lol.

I think if we were to play in a scramble, we could be pretty lethal. Not sure if the irons are just in my head at this point or they just aren't for me. I didn't have a problem with them last year.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I haven't played golf once this year so far, and haven't swung a club in over 9 months. Damn fly fishing taking up all my free time. I'll be hacking it around the course up in the Catskills this weekend though. I've played the course in the past and it's a pretty great mountain course layout with some awesome views. I'll try to grab some pictures if I can remember.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
T9SlXNO.jpeg

How quickly the beast turns

@JojoTheWhale @Magua @landsbergfan @Jack Straw @Chinatown88 @Starat327 @Striiker @Lord Defect

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I haven't played golf once this year so far, and haven't swung a club in over 9 months. Damn fly fishing taking up all my free time. I'll be hacking it around the course up in the Catskills this weekend though. I've played the course in the past and it's a pretty great mountain course layout with some awesome views. I'll try to grab some pictures if I can remember.
Mountain courses are great. Need to make my way back up to Jack Frost National. That's a fun course.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I’m not seeing anything hit him in the nuts but he definitely drops like he was.
I also don’t know what a bail is to try and follow that before impact.

The bails are the two wooden things balanced on the top of the wickets! At least one has to be dislodged for a batter to be "bowled" out.

Been hit by one before after bowler hit the wickets, albeit not in the nuts aha. Anywhere else apart from face and probably wont hurt.

Though the guy bowling was a spinner, so like 55-60mph. Would have been a lot worse if it was a 90+ mph fast bowler that sent them groinwards!

1656685356596.png

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Loooot of top seeds already out in both Wimbledon Men and Womens considering not even started 4th round yet:

11/20 top men gone... and one more of Sinner or Isner at least gone by days end.

3: Ruud
6: Auger-Aliassime
7: Hurkacz
8: Berrettini
12: Schwartzman
13: Shapovalov
14: Cilic
15: Opelka
16: Carreno Busta
17: Bautista Agut
18: Dimitrov

10/20 top women gone... and one more of Gauff or Anisimova at least gone by days end.

2: Kontaveit
5: Sakkari
6: Pliskova
7: Collins
9: Mugaruza
10: Raducanu
14: Bencic
15: Kerber
18: Teichman
19: Keys

Last edited:

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
The bails are the two wooden things balanced on the top of the wickets! At least one has to be dislodged for a batter to be "bowled" out.

Been hit by one before after bowler hit the wickets, albeit not in the nuts aha. Anywhere else apart from face and probably wont hurt.

Though the guy bowling was a spinner, so like 55-60mph. Would have been a lot worse if it was a 90+ mph fast bowler that sent them groinwards!

View attachment 563862
I also just thought you mistyped "ball", and didn't mean bail. It is tough to see in the video, but now that I know what to look for, I can see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad