Proposal: 10 Trades that make sense

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Just cause the sellers want Sakic-prices for their guys, doesn't mean people will pay them. Joe had to wait more than 10 months after Duchene's trade request, and his AGM had to get a third team involved, to get what he got...and that trade request was 6 months after Roy almost convinced Sakic to trade Duchene for the first time. So we're talking about almost a year n a half from the first negotiations to the trade actually materializing.

And that was with a lot less high-end pieces being shopped that the buyers could turn to.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Vanek went for a 3rd and McIlrath (not even a prospect) last year. So somehow this year, 1 year older and with roughly same stats, he lands two prospects and a third?

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Link to justifications: The New Hockey Order
Anaheim Receives:
Thomas Vanek
Vancouver Receives:
Jacob Larsson, Max Jones, 2018 3rd Round Pick

Ducks are not trading two 1st round picked players in defenseman Jacob Larsson and forward Max Jones along with a 3rd round pick for Thomas Vanek. Wouldn't trade either of those prospects alone for Thomas Vanek. The only piece from that which wouldn't have a problem trading for Thomas Vanek is the 3rd round pick.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
If the prices at this trade deadline for rentals are that sky-high, I think everyone involved would much rather stand pat than sell the farm and overpay for a player they'll have for a few months.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Link to justifications: The New Hockey Order

Anaheim Receives:
Thomas Vanek
Vancouver Receives:
Jacob Larsson, Max Jones, 2018 3rd Round Pick

St. Louis receives:
Max Pacioretty
Montreal receives:
Robby Fabbri, Klim Kostin, Jake Walman, 2019 Conditional 2nd*
*Becomes a 4th if Fabbri plays more than 25 games for Montreal in 2019

Pittsburgh receives:
Derrick Brassard
Ottawa receives:
Ian Cole, 2018 1st round pick, Connor Sheary, Filip Gustavsson

Nashville receives:
Rick Nash (salary retained)
New York receives:
2018 1st round pick, Frederic Allard, Pontus Aberg

Tampa Bay receives:
Mike Green
Detroit receives:
Anthony Cirelli, Libor Hajek, 2nd round pick

Tampa Bay receives:
J.G. Pageau
Ottawa receives:
Taylor Raddysh, Mitchell Stephens, 2019 4th round pick

Toronto receives:
Johnny Oduya
Ottawa receives:
Josh Leivo, Martin Marincin

Boston receives:
Patrick Maroon
Edmonton receives:
Zach Senyshyn, 2019 2nd round pick

New Jersey receives:
Jack Johnson
Columbus receives:
John Moore, Michael McLeod, 2019 3rd round pick

Dallas receives:
Evander Kane
Buffalo receives:
2018 2nd round pick, Conditional 2019 1st round pick*, rights to Valeri Nichuskin, Denis Guryanov

A 3rd line forward rental fetches back a 2nd and a deveoping first rounder the team is high on him? Does that ever happen? I didnt realize maroon was jarome iginla or jaromir jagr

Boston might be offering chelerik and a conditional pick based on resigning or how far they get in playoffs

Think a return value similar to what toronto got for nik antropov maybe

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
The title should be changed to "10 trades that make sense....only in a black mirror episode"

giphy (1).gif

Reactions: DanCloutiers5hole

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
The Blues one doesn't make sense. No way Anaheim gives up that much. A Maroon-Senyshyn swap would be a lot more fair if the 2nd was dropped. Also doubt NJ goes for that.

Others look fine

Edit: Upon reading a second time, the Tampa ones are bad too

Last edited:

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
A 3rd line forward rental fetches back a 2nd and a deveoping first rounder the team is high on him? Does that ever happen? I didnt realize maroon was jarome iginla or jaromir jagr

Boston might be offering chelerik and a conditional pick based on resigning or how far they get in playoffs

Think a return value similar to what toronto got for nik antropov maybe
Why would you cite such an old trade? Just curious

Laxman21

Jan 3, 2016
Why are you all so mean to one another on here.... I simple no and then a counter offer would do it justice. Not “laughed.” Or “absolutely not you’re ****** crazy my team would never trade that to your team”. You guys are a bunch of children. So what if players are in a decline just let people put there proposals. Jesus.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Why would you cite such an old trade? Just curious

Rentals were worth more than... antropov was a bigger body who benefitted playing on a bad team with a superstar linemate.

I could mention patrick eaves got a second last year as a 21 goal scorer at deadline too.

Its very hard to find compables to maroon that got more than a second

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
You've gotta be ****ting me. Quite possibly worst trade I ever have seen on this forum.
I can provide worse....

EDM Trades C. McDavid

to

VGK for Every other teams 1st round draft pick....

it's so bad I'm trading assets we don't even have, and overpaying at that.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Rentals were worth more than... antropov was a bigger body who benefitted playing on a bad team with a superstar linemate.

I could mention patrick eaves got a second last year as a 21 goal scorer at deadline too.

Its very hard to find compables to maroon that got more than a second
Yeah that's fair. My personal guess is a 2nd and conditional 3rd. Chia seems to do well at small trades.

Have to give credit where credit is due. Especially when he sucks at basically everything else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad