GDT: #10 | FLYERS at Senators | Thu. Oct. 26, 7:30 pm ET | RDS2, TSN5, NBCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Yes is my all time favorite band. Received special passes to go to a soundcheck on their 35th Anniversary Tour in 2004. I play drums and keyboards, so Alan White(Yes drummer)asked if I wanted to "have a go" during the soundcheck for "I've Seen All Good People". Somehow I fumbled my way through it, but it was an experience I will never forget. The biggest joke was Rick Wakeman(keyboards)asking if I wanted to fill in for him for a song or two. Nope. Not happening. That would have been a major disaster.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
If this was logical they would call up Morin and put him in for manning easily. But it's not logical at all. How's Morin been with the phantoms?

Outside of that, we have a fast team we score goals and dominate. We lose two fast guys and they put in two slow guys and we look like last year.

Elliot should not have started and looks terrible. Didn't he get shelled against the ducks with Calgary? Why is he even playing that game? I bet he has a good record against Ottawa too. Hakstol is an absolute moron.

Hopefully Patrick is ok. He looked like shit, but a lot of times those players get over it quicker than the lighter looking ones. Hopefully he's not out too long. He really needs a healthy season to get his legs going. Next year we will need him.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Now THAT is an underrated album, at least today. Since I have already derailed this thread, I am going to tell a quick story and then stop. When I was a junior in high school, there was this senior who looked EXACTLY like Ric Ocasek. We threw together a band for the air jam contest we had - I was the drummer, air drumming, even though I had no idea what I was doing - we did "Just What You Needed" and we ended up winning the whole thing. I went to an all boys private Catholic high school and we had mixers every other month or so, where the girls from the all girls Catholic schools would come over. Our prize for winning the air jam contest was to "perform" at the dance, but beforehand I got too drunk and the other guys wouldn't let me go up, because they knew I would get expelled. That's my one and only rock and roll story - I was too drunk to go on stage and pretend to play drums.

Did you ever hear of the story of a fan who filled-in the night Keith Moon was too smashed to go on stage with the Who? You lost your chance. Never give up.

John Lennon literally pulled in a couple of the Beatles' fan girls that regularly hung out outside their studio off the street to record crappy backing vocals for the song "Across the Universe." The version with their warbling didn't make it on the studio album version but the version was still released elsewhere.

Point is, you never know when you're gonna get your shot, Captain!

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
John Lennon literally pulled in a couple of the Beatles' fan girls that regularly hung out outside their studio off the street to record crappy backing vocals for the song "Across the Universe." The version with their warbling didn't make it on the studio album version but the version was still released elsewhere.

Point is, you never know when you're gonna get your shot, Captain!

I think I accidentally buried the lede - I can't play the drums, at all :laugh:

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Hasn't done much but he'll get better in time. Morin would have f***ed that punk up if he was ghosts partner. Were so tame and flat win or lose. We need energy players not weise and Lethera that take the body not just skate around doing nothing.

Reactions: RespectTheProvorov

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Simmonds is being evaluated for a LBI according to Boruk, and Issac says he blocked a shot off his ankle last night. Read practiced at 2 RW.

I haven't seen anything about Leier.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014

D pairs change again.

With those six playing that is how I would like to see the pairings.
Best players in top 4. Sanheim back on the left.
Bottom pair given the fewest minutes and hopefully deployed mostly against Ottawa's bottom lines.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
With those six playing that is how I would like to see the pairings.
Best players in top 4. Sanheim back on the left.
Bottom pair given the fewest minutes and hopefully deployed mostly against Ottawa's bottom lines.
Well Gudas is certainly one of their 4 best Dmen, but Hagg and Manning probably wouldn't be good together and Manning-Sanheim never made much sense to begin with. I guess there is a common theme there, but I'd expect the top pair to play a lot and the other 2 pairs will split the rest.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
This is a nice swap for Sanheim. He gets to play the left, and I liked his pairing with Hagg late last year in the AHL.

A possibly unpopular opinion here, but I actually think his pair with Hagg played better than the more publicised pairing with Morin last year.

Last season it was Sanheim on the right and Hagg on the left. Which I repeatedly said made no sense. Thankfully Ghost was vocal enough to propose he get to play the left side when paired with Hagg. Now, it looks like they've done the sensible thing and flipped the sides from last years Hagg-Sanheim pairing as well.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
I don't like that they are shuffling again. That's not how you infuse confidence into a young squad.
That and Ghost matching up against the top lines and getting tons of D zone starts with Provorov... maybe I'm just a fan, but it appears like a decision against common sense :huh:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Don't get excited.

They'll be broken up as soon as they see their first shot attempt against.

giphy.gif

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
Hak is so bad at leaving things alone. Players get hurt, it happens. He needs to just insert where is necessary. Not shuffle everything to accommodate. It just goes to show how bad the "extras" are.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad