GDT: #10 | FLYERS at Senators | Thu. Oct. 26, 7:30 pm ET | RDS2, TSN5, NBCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
PHILADELPHIA FLYERS (5-4-0) vs. OTTAWA SENATORS (4-1-4)
th
scale.php

senators_flyers_hockey_82688_c0-88-2109-1317_s885x516.jpg

BROADCAST INFORMATION
TEAMS' WEBSITES
GAME PREVIEW, NOTES and STATISTICS
TEAMS' STATISTICS
Team GamesRecordPoints HomeAwayGFGAPP%PK%FO%Save Pct. PIM
Flyers95-4-0103-2-02-2-0302420.578.851.2.905 94
Senators 94-1-4121-1-43-0-0312117.5 92.052.7 .926 71
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PHILADELPHIA FLYERS
images

FLYERS' POSSIBLE LINEUP

Lines
28 Claude Giroux | 14 Sean Couturier | 93 Jakub Voracek
40 Jordan Weal | 51 Valtteri Filppula | 17 Wayne Simmonds
24 Matt Read | 15 Jori Lehterä | 11 Travis Konecny
22 Dale Weise | 21 Scott Laughton | 12 Michael Raffl

Pairings
9 Ivan Provorov | 53 Shayne Gostisbehere
6 Travis Sanheim| 8 Robert Hagg
23 Brandon Manning | 3 Radko Gudas

Goalies

30 Michal Neuvirth (expected starter) | 37 Brian Elliott

FLYERS' INJURIES and SCRATCHES
20 Taylor Leier -- available -- could play or be scratched
47 Andrew MacDonald -- out 4-to-6 weeks from Oct 22 -- blocked shot to leg.
19 Nolan Patrick -- will not play -- upper-body injury.
24 Matt Read -- available -- could play or be scratched.

FLYERS' POWER PLAY UNITS
1. Wayne Simmonds - Claude Giroux - Jake Voracek - Valtteri Filppula - Shayne Gostisbehere
2. Travis Konecny - Nolan Patrick- Sean Couturier - Ivan Provorov - Jordan Weal

OTTAWA SENATORS
th

SENATORS' POSSIBLE LINEUP
(This will change after Thursday's skate)
Lines

14 Alexandre Burrows - 19 Derick Brassard - 61 Mark Stone
68 Mike Hoffman - 44 Jean-Gabriel Pageau - 10 Tom Pyatt
18 Ryan Dzingel - 17 Nate Thompson - 49 Chris DiDomenico
49 Chris DiDomenico - 78 Filip Chlapik - 58 Jack Rodewald

Pairings
29 Johnny Oduya - 65 Erik Karlsson
2 Dion Phaneuf - 5 Cody Ceci
33 Fredrik Claesson - 74 Mark Borowiecki
6 Chris Wideman

Goalies

41 Craig Anderson (expected starter) - 1 Mike Condon

SENATORS' INJURIES and SCRATCHES
Logan Brown -- not with team -- returned to Windsor (OHL) on Wednesday
Filip Chlapik -- available -- recalled from AHL on Wednesday
Clarke MacArthur -- injured reserve -- possibly results of past concussions
Jack Rodewald -- could be scratched if team plays 7 d-men -- recalled from AHL on Wednesday
Bobby Ryan -- injured reserve -- broken right index finger from a blocked shot
Zack Smith -- injured reserve, will not play, could return Friday -- upper-body
Kyle Turris -- will not play -- flu
Colin White -- injured reserve; could rehab in AHL this weekend -- broken wrist from a blocked shot

SENATORS' POWER PLAY UNITS
1. Ryan Dzingel, Kyle Turris , Zack Smith, Mike Hoffman, Erik Karlsson
2. Alexandre Burrows, Derick Brassard, Mark Stone, Dion Phaneuf, Chris Wideman​

FUTURE SCHEDULE
Date
Game
Time (ET)
Television
Saturday, October 28
Philadelphia at Toronto
7:00 pm
CBC, NBCSP+
Monday, October 30
Arizona at Philadelphia
7:00 pm
NBCSP, FS-A
Wednesday, November 1
Philadelphia at Chicago
8:00 pm
NBCSN
Thursday, November 2
Philadelphia at St. Louis
8:00 pm
FS-MW, NBCSP
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

OPPOSITION'S MEDIA CONTACTS

Ottawa Citizen
Web site -- http://ottawacitizen.com/category/sports/hockey/nhl/senatorsextra
Wayne Scanlan's Twitter -- https://twitter.com/HockeyScanner
Ken Warren's Twitter -- https://twitter.com/Citizenkwarren

Ottawa Sun
Web site -- http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/senators
Bruce Garrioch's Twitter -- https://twitter.com/SunGarrioch

TSN 1200
Web site --
http://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-1200/sens
Ian Mendes' Twitter -- https://twitter.com/ian_mendes

GAME DAY THREAD MUSIC
"Synchronicity I" by The Police

Last edited:

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Hopefully it is nothing serious for Patrick and he comes back strong on Thursday. I am scared for what Hakstol will do with the lineup if Patrick isn't playing.

Our top 3 centers:
Couturier
Filppula
Lehtera

Scary to think about.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
They scrapped the D pairings halfway through the game. Whether that was score related, results related, or what I’m not sure but it will be interesting to see what they do. They finished:

Provorov-Sanheim
Ghost-Hagg
Manning-Gudas

If they aren’t going to promote Morin, I actually wouldn’t mind these pairs. They are pretty balanced and going on the road, which matchup would you chase if you were the opposing coach? Instead of getting caught in the matchup game, Hakstol could just roll his lines and pairs. You probably won’t use Ivan in his usual shutdown role if he’s paired with Sanheim, but it may be smart to scale back his minutes a little bit with his recent play. If they are going to play Sanheim on the right side 5 games into his career, they should at least let him play with a decent partner. Manning-Sanheim just seems like everyone loses.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
I really hope Patrick is back for this. I also really hope Morin is in for this. Especially to replace Manning.

Snake, I know you can't stand Manning, but he was not the worst of the bunch on the back end last night. No, I don't think Provy should sit, but the way the D ended the game as far as pairings should be given a shot on Thursday night.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Last night was "almost imperceptible, something inexpressible," and as such the tune was picked. If we have a repeat, then I may have to break out Synchronicity II.

YES, please do ... I mean, I hope there is not a repeat of that slop lol but there is never a bad time to hear The Police. Our defenders were packed like lemmings into shiny metal boxes :naughty:

Reactions: Amorgus

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Hopefully it is nothing serious for Patrick and he comes back strong on Thursday. I am scared for what Hakstol will do with the lineup if Patrick isn't playing.

Our top 3 centers:
Couturier
Filppula
Lehtera

Scary to think about.

If Patrick is out Giroux should move back to center.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
I just remembered Chris Neil is available(free agent). Let's sign him, put him on the 4th line, and let him wreak havoc against his former team.

Old time Flyers hockey!!!
Atleast he would hammer guys on the forecheck and hustle backchecking unlike useless soft weise. Hitting is alive and well in this league but hexy wants soft average forwards. Were still a one line team.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
If it weren't for "Mother," that is a perfect album, and a perfect swan song, though I cursed them viciously for ending it, and all so Sting could go have tantric relations with Trudy. Selfish.
Andy Summers on lead vocals. My cousin's wife absolutely hated that song. A humorous memory. :biglaugh:

Now, the best song on the Gary Cherone-Van Halen album is the song sung by EVH himself and there is no debate to that. None, I won't hear it.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
It troubles me that you are listening to the Gary Cherone Van Halen at all, but I admire your commitment :laugh:

Past tense. Listened. How else would one know. :D Honestly, outside the EVH-led vocals, I can't recall one song title.

Their most recent CD with DLR back on vocals was something I found enjoyable. Following successful ventures can be extremely difficult. Recreations get toasted as being unartistic and straying from the known can be paralyzing. The Cars' Heartbeat City was their version of "Synchronicity" meaning a difficult album to follow in the same era. Most critics lambasted "Door to Door" and though unpopular with sales as well as reviews, I thought it was a good finale and what better end than a car door slamming in the final note.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
I saw VH three times during the first DLR era and once back in 2007. Missed them the past couple of tours, but I've downloaded some concerts, and I thought he sounded pretty good a year or two ago. It's never going to be 1982 again, but I would still much rather hear them with Roth than Sammy.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Past tense. Listened. How else would one know. :D Honestly, outside the EVH-led vocals, I can't recall one song title.

Their most recent CD with DLR back on vocals was something I found enjoyable. Following successful ventures can be extremely difficult. Recreations get toasted as being unartistic and straying from the known can be paralyzing. The Cars' Heartbeat City was their version of "Synchronicity" meaning a difficult album to follow in the same era. Most critics lambasted "Door to Door" and though unpopular with sales as well as reviews, I thought it was a good finale and what better end than a car door slamming in the final note.

Now THAT is an underrated album, at least today. Since I have already derailed this thread, I am going to tell a quick story and then stop. When I was a junior in high school, there was this senior who looked EXACTLY like Ric Ocasek. We threw together a band for the air jam contest we had - I was the drummer, air drumming, even though I had no idea what I was doing - we did "Just What You Needed" and we ended up winning the whole thing. I went to an all boys private Catholic high school and we had mixers every other month or so, where the girls from the all girls Catholic schools would come over. Our prize for winning the air jam contest was to "perform" at the dance, but beforehand I got too drunk and the other guys wouldn't let me go up, because they knew I would get expelled. That's my one and only rock and roll story - I was too drunk to go on stage and pretend to play drums.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
I saw VH three times during the first DLR era and once back in 2007. Missed them the past couple of tours, but I've downloaded some concerts, and I thought he sounded pretty good a year or two ago. It's never going to be 1982 again, but I would still much rather hear them with Roth than Sammy.

I liked Sammy's rockers but the poppy stuff lacked much substance. I suppose it opened a route to a new audience but "Finish What You Started," Feels So Good" and some other radio staples didn't hold my interest compared to "Pleasure Dome," "Mine All Mine" "Judgment Day" and the extended version of "Don't Tell Me What Love Can Do." Sammy could belt out the vocals but DLR was one-of-a-kind. He had a personality that was unmatched in my view.

Now THAT is an underrated album, at least today. Since I have already derailed this thread, I am going to tell a quick story and then stop. When I was a junior in high school, there was this senior who looked EXACTLY like Ric Ocasek. We threw together a band for the air jam contest we had - I was the drummer, air drumming, even though I had no idea what I was doing - we did "Just What You Needed" and we ended up winning the whole thing. I went to an all boys private Catholic high school and we had mixers every other month or so, where the girls from the all girls Catholic schools would come over. Our prize for winning the air jam contest was to "perform" at the dance, but beforehand I got too drunk and the other guys wouldn't let me go up, because they knew I would get expelled. That's my one and only rock and roll story - I was too drunk to go on stage and pretend to play drums.

Did you ever hear of the story of a fan who filled-in the night Keith Moon was too smashed to go on stage with the Who? You lost your chance. Never give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad