Post-Game Talk: 10/8 - Preseason #7 BRUINS 1 Philadelphia 0 F/OT

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Concussion or not, you're seriously undervaluing McQuaid with this suggestion.

Why is that?

He was a healthy scratch for Kevan Miller back in 2015. If Miller hadn't finally blown out his shoulder that very game in Calgary, who knows how long McQuaid would of sat. And this was back when he was actually a decent hockey player.

People complain all day long about Claude playing his veterans, yet here we are with not one but two guys who look ready to take McQuaid's job from him, and half the place wants to keep McQuaid and his terrible contract around.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Why is that?

He was a healthy scratch for Kevan Miller back in 2015. If Miller hadn't finally blown out his shoulder that very game in Calgary, who knows how long McQuaid would of sat. And this was back when he was actually a decent hockey player.

People complain all day long about Claude playing his veterans, yet here we are with not one but two guys who look ready to take McQuaid's job from him, and half the place wants to keep McQuaid and his terrible contract around.

If they could find a taker for McQuaid, I'd be all over it. Just don't think they will. If there was a taker for McQuaid out there, the Ducks would have been able to trade Stoner.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If they could find a taker for McQuaid, I'd be all over it. Just don't think they will. If there was a taker for McQuaid out there, the Ducks would have been able to trade Stoner.

It won't be easy. There was reported interest in him last March.

He's got one thing going for him, Stanley Cup pedigree. That holds values around the league.

Enough value to make McQuaid a tradeable asset? I'm not sure. To the right team maybe.

But that's why Sweeney has to get on this now, play it safe, and deal McQuaid before his value decreases any more. It won't take much before no team will be interested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad