GDT: 10/8 2015-16 Opening Night Boston Bruins vs. Winnipeg Jets - 7PM ET NESN 98.5 FM TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killerbeez

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Ellsworth, Maine
none
For some reason, I am far more optimistic than I should be about the season. If nothing else, it promises to be more exciting to watch than the snoozefest that was last year.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
“You always want to play, but unfortunately at this time, the stage where I’m at, I’ve got to wait for another day,†Chara said.

The Bruins opted to be cautious with Chara, something that Julien had hinted they would do. They can’t risk having him out for an extended period just to have him play in Game 1.

“I’m OK to be smart about it,†Chara said. “Obviously I want to play soon as I can, but at the same time it’s Game 1. Not that it’s less important than any other game, but this time I just want to continue to have progress and keep going forward with it instead of having any setbacks.â€

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...ason-opener/gV4qX0UuCWUhnFU6xZWKXJ/story.html

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bring it

12108913_10207046781020660_2315252689851365644_n.jpg

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
“You always want to play, but unfortunately at this time, the stage where I’m at, I’ve got to wait for another day,†Chara said.

The Bruins opted to be cautious with Chara, something that Julien had hinted they would do. They can’t risk having him out for an extended period just to have him play in Game 1.

“I’m OK to be smart about it,†Chara said. “Obviously I want to play soon as I can, but at the same time it’s Game 1. Not that it’s less important than any other game, but this time I just want to continue to have progress and keep going forward with it instead of having any setbacks.â€

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...ason-opener/gV4qX0UuCWUhnFU6xZWKXJ/story.html

I am all for keeping Big Z out until he is well. He may want to be there Sat against the Habs though ...:naughty:

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Is Pastrnak really not on one of the PP units right now? My fantasy hockey blurb on him says that is the case. If so... I'm just speechless. Most talented offensive player we have. Don't care that he's 19. He needs to be on one of the units.

Berge56

Oct 23, 2014
Can't wait for tonight's game. Best way to celebrate my birthday, beers and the bruins.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Agreed

I also have a feeling that Claude has certain lines and pairings he wants to keep together for a bit for some chemistry to brew. This team had massive turnover so you want to try and let stuff flourish and not push the panic switch too early. I think the decision to sit C.Miller is as simple as "your D partner is injured for this game, so we go with the 3 healthy pairings." Claude seems to have put players together to have balance throughout the pairings/lines. Do I agree with all of those decisions? Not really, but I do somewhat understand them if that's what he's in fact doing.

I get the feeling there's going to be a bit of a rotation on defense either way.

Despite my complaining, I do think this is probably the case.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Yeah, Colin Miller not in there and David Pastrnak not on the PP unit scares me into thinking Claude didn't get the memo from DS.

Either that, or the memo isn't exactly what I thought it was.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
The defense scares me a lot.

Hope Tuukka is ready to go because I think he's going to be in a shooting gallery.

I know little about the Jets with regards to changes etc so have no idea what to expect.

I'm not too confident that the offense can score and our defense can defend but I look forward to seeing what this new team can do.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Season's Greetings everyone! Thanks for the GDT Alicat!

I don't know what to expect but I am just looking forward to my hockey fix right now. I will always have faith in the Bruins.

GO BRUINS!! :handclap:

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
I know little about the Jets with regards to changes etc so have no idea what to expect.

Two of the kids the Jets added, Ehlers and Petan, might rank already as their most talented players. Ehlers has the wheels to be one of the fastest skaters in the league once he finds his comfort zone, he is a super dynamic and very skilled forward, and he has built some good chemistry playing alongside Scheifele on the second line (though that was admittedly over a short sample period). Petan doesn't possess the same speed but may have the better hands of the two; he has the silky mitts. Former Michigan captain Andrew Copp slots in at 4C - instant upgrade there over Slater.

I expect the Jets can give Boston a really good game tonight; hopefully there are no injuries on either side.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad