GDT: 10/8 2015-16 Opening Night Boston Bruins vs. Winnipeg Jets - 7PM ET NESN 98.5 FM TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
CQy6A-JWwAEtl45.jpg%20large_zpsatyh5hvn.jpg

Game_Info2015_zpsk9iedf8e.jpg

7pm Eastern
NESN - 98.5 FM The Sports Hub
TD Garden, Boston, MA

ffour2015.jpg

Media_2015_zpsbevdmmyd.jpg

Boston Bruins Twitter
Winnipeg Jets Twitter

Bruins Game Preview

Jets Game Preview

Lines_2015_zpsatidzbdk.jpg

Lineup_template2015_zpsvsn7sq4v.jpg

Jets_Lines_zpsauzoblh8.jpg

Goalies_2015_zpsxa9galqf.jpg

Rask_BOS_NHL_960.jpg

Tuukka Rask

hi-res-16831f071ff68c44ee1e452dc734ac4c_crop_north_zpsyvgtpnh5.jpg

Ondrej Pavalec

Site Rule Reminder - PLEASE READ
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=107669507&postcount=1

Last edited by a moderator:

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
An actual GDT!!! IT feels like so long since we've had one. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the new faces, particularly C. Miller. Life happens, which means I haven't watched a preseason game. This will be my first time watching the B's this year. Can't wait.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Krug is our #1D. Jesus.

On any other night I'd be scared for my life. But it's opening night. I'm just ready for some hockey. :yo:

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Take Chara and C.Miller and bump them to the top pairing and sit Trotman and Irwin and I'm a happy fan. I like the pairings if that takes place.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Ali, great job, especially last minute.

Regarding the D, I don't think it's schtick to say that you are disappointed with these pairs:

Krug—McQuaid
Morrow—K. Miller
Irwin—Trotman

Where the B's are, those spots should have been WIDE open, and IMO C Miller outplayed K Miller, Trotman, and Irwin by a large margin in the preseason. Plus, he and Morrow are the best PMD's on the team (with Krug).

Based on merit I would have gone with:

(with Z)

Chara-C Miller
Krug—McQuaid
Morrow—K. Miller/Trotman
Irwin—K Miller/Trotman

(without Z):

Krug—Trotman
Morrow-McQuaid
Irwin-C Miller

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Over/Under on how many offsides Wheeler causes?

Nice work, Ali!

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
Pavalec isn't a good goaltender, but that Jet's defense looks pretty solid. The Bruins have always had trouble with the Jet's as they're fast and big. Our defense is going to have a hell of a time dealing with their forecheck as we've only gotten weaker on D from last year. Hopefully, we'll be able to catch Pavalec napping a few times and squeak out with a win tonight. They key will be to try for quick transitions and getting the puck deep and on net.

sirmaxalot

Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
So can we rig the Duckboats with some sort of laser show/pyrotechnics display this year?

I'm also thinking that if they could have some sort of replica of the actual throne from Game of Thrones fashioned now and attached to the top of one for Bergeron ahead of time, that'd be greeeeaaaat.

GO BRUINS GO!!!!! I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Beautiful work, really like it.

But I'm broken, I wanted to be positive so badly and be excited about our re-tooling and seeing kids developing but no.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Regarding the D, I don't think it's schtick to say that you are disappointed with these pairs:

Krug—McQuaid
Morrow—K. Miller
Irwin—Trotman

Where the B's are, those spots should have been WIDE open, and IMO C Miller outplayed K Miller, Trotman, and Irwin by a large margin in the preseason. Plus, he and Morrow are the best PMD's on the team (with Krug).

Based on merit I would have gone with:

(with Z)

Chara-C Miller
Krug—McQuaid
Morrow—K. Miller/Trotman
Irwin—K Miller/Trotman

(without Z):

Krug—Trotman
Morrow-McQuaid
Irwin-C Miller

Chara isn't playing :( Knowing this I now understand why Clode is going with the d pairings he is going with- he wants guys with NHL experience to keep the youngsters steady. I think once Captain Z returns we'll see changes in the d pairings.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
This is about what I expected:

Marchand—Bergeron—Eriksson
Beleskey—Krejci—Pastrnak
Hayes—Spooner—Connolly
Kelly—Kemppainen—Rinaldo

I would have gone:

Eriksson—Krejci—Pastrnak
Marchand—Bergeron—Connolly
Beleskey—Spooner—Hayes
Kelly—Kemppainen—Rinaldo/Randall

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
This is about what I expected:

Marchand—Bergeron—Eriksson
Beleskey—Krejci—Pastrnak
Hayes—Spooner—Connolly
Kelly—Kemppainen—Rinaldo

I would have gone:

Eriksson—Krejci—Pastrnak
Marchand—Bergeron—Connolly
Beleskey—Spooner—Hayes
Kelly—Kemppainen—Rinaldo/Randall

I'm guessing they flipped Rinaldo and Kelly because they want a Kelly/Thorburn match up tonight.

The switch seems odd to me

BigBadBruins63*

Can we save the "Go Bruins Go," stuff please? That just reminds me of that obnoxious "Go Scabs Go," chant.

Great GTD! Glad Hockey is back. Glad the Bruins are back. Glad Clode has embraced the change.......just kidding, since he hasn't.

Anyone who gets ******** at the, "Clode hates the kids," remarks, tonight is just another example of it.

Irwin/Trotman over C. Miller is just it. Claude hating on the kids. Morrow in the lineup is one kid too much on the D-core. Maddening.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Take Chara and C.Miller and bump them to the top pairing and sit Trotman and Irwin and I'm a happy fan. I like the pairings if that takes place.

Ditto.

Krug—McQuaid
Morrow—K. Miller
Irwin—Trotman

Not schtick, indeed, but common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad