GDT: 10/8 2015-16 Opening Night Boston Bruins vs. Winnipeg Jets - 7PM ET NESN 98.5 FM TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
not a fan of Irwin in over C.miller............

We need to keep our D balanced between offensive/defensive minded.

Colin Miller is more offensive and if we added him we'd only have 2 defensively minded D in the line up. Not good when playing the Jets.

I bet Colin Miller will be playing with Chara when Z returns to the lineup
Bingo. I have a feeling that is your top pair once Z returns.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA

Colin Miller is more offensive and if we added him we'd only have 2 defensively minded D in the line up. Not good when playing the Jets.

But Matt Irwin is just as much an offensive player as Colin Miller is. It makes sense if Trotman or Kevan Miller were in over him, but Irwin beating him out doesn't make a ton of sense.

BigBadBruins63*

Yeah the argument loses all credibility when you're saying Irwin is in there over Miller b/c of defensive play. Irwin blows in his own zone and is slow as ****. Miller may suck in his own end, but at least he has wheels. The move is simply CJ wanting the old veteran in over the young hungry kid.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
But Matt Irwin is just as much an offensive player as Colin Miller is. It makes sense if Trotman or Kevan Miller were in over him, but Irwin beating him out doesn't make a ton of sense.
It does since your pairing one of each on each pairing

Krug (O) - McQaid (D)
Morrow (O) - Miller (D)
Irwin (O) - Trotman (D)

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Irwin is LH, so it does make sense to a degree.

Clode is going with his more "proven" RHD with Chara out of the lineup. I don't agree, but he's not taking my calls today...

As others have said, once Chara is healthy I hope to see:

Chara-C Miller
Krug-McQuaid
Morrow-Trotman/K Miller

or

Chara-C Miller
Krug-Trotman/K Miller
Morrow-McQuaid

(this would put an "experienced" guy with a younger guy on every pair)

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
This is about what I expected:

Marchand—Bergeron—Eriksson
Beleskey—Krejci—Pastrnak
Hayes—Spooner—Connolly
Kelly—Kemppainen—Rinaldo

I would have gone:

Eriksson—Krejci—Pastrnak
Marchand—Bergeron—Connolly
Beleskey—Spooner—Hayes
Kelly—Kemppainen—Rinaldo/Randall

Same here.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
This ad was never super popular, but I really liked it. Ironic that most of the guy featured in the video are no longer members of this "pack":

Huh?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Colin has been better defensively than Irwin, he is faster, much better puck mover and has better offensive skills.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Well I am not sure what to expect tonight.

I guess it will be interesting.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO:handclap::handclap:

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

I'd love that to be the case, but does it stand to reason that a guy we'd have on our top pair is a healthy scratch? I realize having Z provides him shelter, but on his own shouldn't a guy from our first pairing be better than the likes of Irwin or Kevan Miller?

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
This is about what I expected:

Marchand—Bergeron—Eriksson
Beleskey—Krejci—Pastrnak
Hayes—Spooner—Connolly
Kelly—Kemppainen—Rinaldo

I would have gone:

Eriksson—Krejci—Pastrnak
Marchand—Bergeron—Connolly
Beleskey—Spooner—Hayes
Kelly—Kemppainen—Rinaldo/Randall

I would have done pretty much exactly the same thing. Maybe swap Connolly and Hayes..

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
I'd love that to be the case, but does it stand to reason that a guy we'd have on our top pair is a healthy scratch? I realize having Z provides him shelter, but on his own shouldn't a guy from our first pairing be better than the likes of Irwin or Kevan Miller?

You'd think

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
What, no Talbot? ZOMG!!! CLODE HATURZ THE KIDS!!!!

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Nice GDT to start the year off Ali.

It seems like forever since the the last game, hopefully the Bruins will relish their underdog role this year and show the experts that they are for real.

Here's to a good start.

Go Bruins.

BigBadBruins63*

What, no Talbot? ZOMG!!! CLODE HATURZ THE KIDS!!!!

No, just Irwin and Trotman over C. Miller. He sure does hate the kids. :shakehead

And your post makes zero sense b/c Randell isn't in the lineup. It would make sense if Randell was in, but he's not so..... Clode does hate the kids, x2.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008

Agreed

I also have a feeling that Claude has certain lines and pairings he wants to keep together for a bit for some chemistry to brew. This team had massive turnover so you want to try and let stuff flourish and not push the panic switch too early. I think the decision to sit C.Miller is as simple as "your D partner is injured for this game, so we go with the 3 healthy pairings." Claude seems to have put players together to have balance throughout the pairings/lines. Do I agree with all of those decisions? Not really, but I do somewhat understand them if that's what he's in fact doing.

I get the feeling there's going to be a bit of a rotation on defense either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad