GDT: 10/8/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Philadelphia VS Tampa Bay | F/WOT 3-2

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
One thing to get excited about. Flippula from what Ive heard from Wing fans is famous for his on year followed by an off year. Our season we got swept by the Habs was his on year, last year he was off.....If he is on this year. :amazed:

I think so, although I think it has more to do with his role being very well defined this year, like it was in Year #1, when he was our #2C except for the brief period between Stammer's injury and 18-9-26. Last year he was probably the most moved guy in our lineup.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Time to set the tone for the season. Hedman's OT winner against the Cats for last season's opener is still stuck in my mind.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Don't give a ****. Hes still a Bolt to me. :cry:

Once a bolt, always a bolt #VL4EVER

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/light...tough-to-be-scratched-in-tampa-return/2248945
Vinny Lecavalier hasn't played for the Lightning for two years now, but he says it's still a special feeling getting back on the Amalie Arena ice.

"It reminds you of so many things," he said. "Pretty cool."
Lecavalier's house is up for sale, but he plans to live here with his wife Caroline and three kids when he retires. He was back in Tampa this past summer, watching several of the Lightning's playoff games from friends' houses or sports bars like Hattricks or Ducky's. Lecavalier, surrounded by hundreds of people in Lightning jersey, has been impressed by the franchise's transformation.

"It's really a tough place to beat," Lecavalier said. "The organization is great, Tampa is really good. When we won that Cup in 2004, the town was really behind us and supporting. But it got bigger, bigger, bigger, bigger every year, and now Mr. Vinik he's really just took it to another level.

"Tampa is really a hockey town, honestly."
Lecavalier realizes another Lightning captain is in the news, with Steven Stamkos' contract situation becoming an ongoing story. Lecavalier noted its a "process," sometimes taking longer than people hope.

"I'm sure they want Stammer here for a long time, and vice versa," Lecavalier said. "I mean, who wouldn't want to play here? I'm sure they'll find a way to make it happen."
"It's tough to leave a place like this, this organization," Lecavalier said. "If you start here like Stammer and I did, you always have in the back of your mind, 'I'm from Montreal, it'd be cool to play there.' And it would I'm sure for Stammer to go play in Toronto. But it's his team here.

"It's something you've got to think about... When you are somewhere for so long, and you guys build something, it's tough to just kind of, for me - I don't want to talk for Stammer - it's tough to say I want to go to another team. I remember here, with Marty and Stammer and all those guys, when we won the Cup, you start building. You want to be here when the success happens, when you win. So I'm sure he feels that way. He just wants to win the Cup and they have a pretty solid team here."
Lecavalier is touched when fans recognize him, remembering the '04 Cup team and what they did. He laughs as the next thing people ask about is the current Lightning team. While Lecavalier was asked by a few people if he wanted tickets to the playoff games last summer, he felt a "little uncomfortable," as he's a current player on another team.

"I did watch the games," Lecavalier said. "I watched Stammer and Heddy and Bish, and the guys I played with. For sure, when I'm done, I'll bring my kid, he's going to have the hat and the jersey and everything Lightning. It'll be fun."

:heart:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Time to set the tone for the season. Hedman's OT winner against the Cats for last season's opener is still stuck in my mind.

Was there for that game my first lightning game actually.

Edit: reading the post above, Vinny seems like a real class act, wish I knew him better.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
"I watched Stammer and Heddy and Bish, and the guys I played with. For sure, when I'm done, I'll bring my kid, he's going to have the hat and the jersey and everything Lightning. It'll be fun." - Vinny

^ this is pretty cool

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Vinny is who I watched as the head of the franchise. In my view his number should be retired immediately after he retires. Notice no mention of putting MSL's number on the rafters by the TBL organization...midget doesn't deserve it. However, Vinny has been a class act on both the ice and in the community. Don't think any other Bolt has been as active as VL4 in the community...ever.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Vinny will always be the truest, #1 Bolt. Wish the rules of the league had let us negotiate his salary down so he didn't have to go.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Vinny will always be the truest, #1 Bolt. Wish the rules of the league had let us negotiate his salary down so he didn't have to go.

Yeah really, that contract was ridiculous and he knew it, but what are you going to do when your offered 10 million?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Gonna get a look at Jack Eichel while waiting. Might try to catch a period of McDavid later. It's an exciting time for hockey fans.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
One thing to get excited about. Flippula from what Ive heard from Wing fans is famous for his on year followed by an off year. Our season we got swept by the Habs was his on year, last year he was off.....If he is on this year. :amazed:

well, I think we remember how well Vinny Prospal worked out for us.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
That was a great piece from Vinny, he didn't need to say all that so hearing him say it you know he meant every word, would be nice if he could get a job in the organization once he retires, now I don't know him well so I don't know with what but it would be great since he seem to be a smart guy with a great hockey mind.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
LET'S GET READY!!!!!!!!!!!

machoman_gifs.gif

Ohhhhh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
That was a great piece from Vinny, he didn't need to say all that so hearing him say it you know he meant every word, would be nice if he could get a job in the organization once he retires, now I don't know him well so I don't know with what but it would be great since he seem to be a smart guy with a great hockey mind.

I think he'd be a great community guy like with Andreychuk.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014

Looks like Drej will wear the other ‘A’ tonight

Nesterov and Paquette are tonights scratches:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad