GDT: 10/8/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Philadelphia VS Tampa Bay | F/WOT 3-2

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Sloppy play and long stretches of boring hockey against a bad team, with the exception of Mason, that guy was incredible. I expect they'll find their game, but the sooner the better. GO BOLTS! :yo:

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
For the 4th line, Paquette is a much better option. Namestnikov can't play with grinders and he's not going to steal a top-9 job any time soon.

Thats why i said i'd like to see him on the 3rd line, put Condra on 4th.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Sloppy play and long stretches of boring hockey against a bad team, with the exception of Mason, that guy was incredible. I expect they'll find their game, but the sooner the better. GO BOLTS! :yo:

I agree except for OT, Lightning played sloppy for the most part, their skill wasn't able to be shown due to poor passing through the zone.
Really played down to the opponent tonight, our offense should've easily taken apart that defense.

First impression of Condra: he fumbles the puck A LOT, but he skates hard.

Carle didn't have a bad game, it was refreshing to see him make those offensive reads in the first.

Sustr is still horrible and weak, he will lose every 1 on 1 battle.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I wonder how long it's been since Garrison has had a legit breakaway?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Thats why i said i'd like to see him on the 3rd line, put Condra on 4th.

He's not good enough to replace anybody there. The third line has a pretty good thing going, and his game is too similar to Flip's.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It also looked injury prone. Not to say it wasn't awesome.

Doubt there'll be many big hits at that speed. No one wants to be out of position, so the only thing to worry about is guys losing an edge.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Bishop was on all night. Great to see. Especially on the penalty shots. That stick check on Giroux was great even if it was desperation.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Bishop was on all night. Great to see. Especially on the penalty shots. That stick check on Giroux was great even if it was desperation.

I really loved some of his reactions after making saves. Bish is at his best when he's all fired up.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Never seen playing with 2 sticks penalty; Can't remember a game with 2 penalty shots for the same team, and first NHL 3 on 3 OT. Trifecta of firsts.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Just got back from the game. Atmosphere was awesome and especially in OT. 3v3 sure is exciting!

Drou stood out - in a good way! Carle is still bad. Coop went back to 25-62 which didn't help. Condra looked good, nothing too fancy. An upgrade over Morrow for sure.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
This game showed how important depth is, Stamkos didn't look close to a $12m player tonight, luckily we aren't paying him that kind of money yet and the team is LOADED with secondary scoring, none of TKO or Stamkos hit the scoresheet today and we were able to pull out a win.

Also wouldn't mind seeing Namestinkov and Condra switch places for a game or two, Condra didn't look great offensively and Namestnikov is completely out of his element.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Just got home a little bit ago.

Loved the 3 on 3, that was super exciting. Bish looked good, Garrison was good, all around good team play.

I will say, predictably, I don't like the new banners. I get the uniformity thing, but I loved our old Cup banner. Not a fan of the change on that at all.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
This game showed how important depth is, Stamkos didn't look close to a $12m player tonight, luckily we aren't paying him that kind of money yet and the team is LOADED with secondary scoring, none of TKO or Stamkos hit the scoresheet today and we were able to pull out a win.

Also wouldn't mind seeing Namestinkov and Condra switch places for a game or two, Condra didn't look great offensively and Namestnikov is completely out of his element.

Stamkos passed up two perfect opportunities to shoot to make passes that missed the mark.

It's getting frustrating. Still, thought he was pretty good (not 12 million good but good). That was a fantastic screen on Garrison's first goal.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
steve%20austin.gif

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Stamkos passed up two perfect opportunities to shoot to make passes that missed the mark.

It's getting frustrating. Still, thought he was pretty good (not 12 million good but good). That was a fantastic screen on Garrison's first goal.

Same thoughts on Stamkos. He had a good night. Better than 90% of his nights last year (even without a point). Consistently positive shifts. But he still wasn't $12m good. I know it's only one game and yada yada, but he has to be our best player more nights than he's not if we're going to give him anything close to that. Not third or fourth best. Our single best.

Tonight I think our best two players were Hedman and Johnson. Pretty much the same story we saw in the playoffs. The trend continues.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Same thoughts on Stamkos. He had a good night. Better than 90% of his nights last year (even without a point). Consistently positive shifts. But he still wasn't $12m good. I know it's only one game and yada yada, but he has to be our best player more nights than he's not if we're going to give him anything close to that. Not third or fourth best. Our single best.

Tonight I think our best two players were Hedman and Johnson. Pretty much the same story we saw in the playoffs. The trend continues.

Hedman and Bishop for me, 3rd goes to Palat/Callahan, both were workhorses today.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Hedman and Bishop for me, 3rd goes to Palat/Callahan, both were workhorses today.

Agreed. Especially Hedman. That was Playoff Hedman. Creating offense, using his speed and size to break up plays...

God damn, he was gooooooooooooooooooooooood. Like, scary good.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Yeah, Bishop for me too. Wasn't really considering him. Palat looked a little out of sync offensively to me, although he put in some good work along the boards. I thought Johnson was our consistently most dangerous player in the 2nd and 3rd periods.

Hedman scared me a few times early with 2-3 turnovers, but he settled in nicely and had one of those quietly dominant games.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Yeah, Bishop for me too. Wasn't really considering him. Palat looked a little out of sync offensively to me, although he put in some good work along the boards. I thought Johnson was our consistently most dangerous player in the 2nd and 3rd periods.

Hedman scared me a few times early with 2-3 turnovers, but he settled in nicely and had one of those quietly dominant games.

I didn't think it was that quiet. Defensively he was freakish, he led some rushes (and set up an almost sure goal that Mason was freakishly good in OT on a great play), and got a huge assist on the PP.

I don't know... I think it was far beyond quietly dominant. I think that's the type of game you show in a highlight reel as to why you're one of the top Dmen in the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad