GDT: 10/7/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
$12mil/8 years gets it done? Just a wild guess. I assume he will want somewhere around Tavares cash.

He should get more IMO and at this rate will. Early, I know. But I felt that before the season started. Matthews is the real deal.

Last edited:

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Should have tried to get it done this summer IMO

If he puts up 45+ goals, 95+ points he's justified in asking ~11.5-12M.

I've said it many times, Tavares was a huge signing, but Matthews is the Leafs' young superstar franchise player. I was hoping they don't forget that.

Man I'd love to see his stock continue to rise. But it might squeeze a contract like Nylander's out of the picture. Unless they get exceedingly creative. I don't know how signing bonuses work against the cap etc. But someone may need to go.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Matthews is destroying the "possessed" Toews in the head to head.

Uh, Toews had 67% CF that period and Matthews had 36% CF. Im not sure how Matthews is dominating by never having the puck, but ok.

Reactions: Sk8M8

strandvag

Feb 14, 2014
Stockholm/San Diego
I like Toronto as a team, grew up playing on the same youth club as Sundin (Sollentuna), and he always showed up when he could to help us with practice. But my god, Leafs fans are making it hard for me.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Uh, Toews had 67% CF that period and Matthews had 36% CF. Im not sure how Matthews is dominating by never having the puck, but ok.

Matthews clearly picked up it towards the end of the period and helped get his team back in a game that looked lost.
cf% over 1 period? chill dude

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
He should get more IMO and at this rate will. Early, I know. But I felt that before the season started. Matthews is the real deal.

pretty sure matthews knows the more he takes, the less of a chance he will have to win a cup.
kid already has scotiabank as a major sponsor. he will take 11mil x 8 to match the aav of JT.

but yeah this is HFboards so cue the "wont take a hometown discount" posters.
apparently only boston,tampa,san jose etc has guys willing to do that. everyone in toronto is in it for the money

Reactions: Sk8M8

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Matthews clearly picked up it towards the end of the period and helped get his team back in a game that looked lost.
cf% over 1 period? chill dude

Why don't you tell the other Leafs fan to chill saying he's dominating the head to head then... since he isn't by the numbers.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
8 periods, 8 goals.

leafs arent gonna have any trouble scoring goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->