GDT: 10/6/18 - 7:00PM EDT - Florida vs Tampa Bay

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He had some good moments and some awful moments.

Stamkos and Conacher were our worst forwards.

Point's main issue was passing up shots like the rest of his teammates. Always looking for the open man, when often there wasn't one.

Stamkos was awful. I think Kucherov was on his level. That break he had where he passed to Point was just baffling.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I know we had a bad game, but...

And yes, that was Mark Barberio.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Anyone got a video of the Miller SO goal? I need to save that to cheer me up on difficult days.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Oh my God guys. You have GOT to see what Barbs just did vs. Philly. That's one of the funniest plays I've ever seen. Maybe because it's Barbs...
giphy.gif

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Haven't read the thread, but holy hell did Palat and Miller look terrible tonight. Stamkos and Kucherov weren't much better, but those two were head and shoulders the worst. Conacher looked bad but barely played.

Vas stole it

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Point was both good and bad. :huh:

Cirelli was terrific and Joseph was decent for his NHL debut.

Stammer at least was trying to shoot occasionally. And Palat was also trying. Not too successfully but he was working the dirty areas better than most of the forwards.

Sergy was NOT good. Coburn actually was better defensively. Hedman was a tire fire. Girardi was s l o w e r than Coby. The actual top pairing tonight was McDonagh and Strålman who munched major minutes and were solid most of the time. Mac ended up with team lead in shots and Stråls led in hits and shifts.

Weird game. o_O But a win is a win.

And Vasy was stellar!!! :heart:

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Point was both good and bad. :huh:

Cirelli was terrific and Joseph was decent for his NHL debut.

Stammer at least was trying to shoot occasionally. And Palat was also trying. Not too successfully but he was working the dirty areas better than most of the forwards.

Sergy was NOT good. Coburn actually was better defensively. Hedman was a tire fire. Girardi was s l o w e r than Coby. The actual top pairing tonight was McDonagh and Strålman who munched major minutes and were solid most of the time. Mac ended up with team lead in shots and Stråls lead in hits and shifts.

Weird game. o_O But a win is a win.

And Vasy was stellar!!! :heart:

I thought McD was a bright spot. And one that bodes well. The game wasn't without some good things. Joseph's second period, Killorn looking serviceable, Vasy standing on his head.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Just think, this time last year Coburn was our 2nd pairing LHD. Really liked what I seen from McDonagh, having a 1-2 punch of him and Hedman is going to be amazing over the course of 82 games, although right now you couldn't tell because our entire team with the exception of Vasy looked like a runny mess.

Reactions: The Gongshow

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
McD was noticeably a force, Sergachev was trying to be but he's still too weak and hasn't filled out his frame yet. We should continue to shelter Serg and let him play offensively rather than give him tough minutes right now.

Palat looked as slow as ever, on a fast team you can quickly see who's a step behind the others. Stamkos too in that regard.

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
He looked good he is better then people think he was hurt last year
Agreed. McD was about the only encouraging thing about that game besides the Cirelli line with Joseph and Killorn, and Vasi of course. I was one of the guys thinking the McD signing was going to bite us, but that was a big improvement over what we saw last year. Now if our coach only had the guts to do what MTL is doing – healthy scratching slow veterans (Alzner, Plekanec) and playing the faster kids – we could help our D even more. Girardi is going off the Matt Carle cliff. He is too slow for top pair minutes. Bring up Cernak and healthy scratch him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad