GDT: 10/5/13 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Chicago

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think Cooper needs to think about juggling the top two lines. Our depth players look good, everyone's playing well defensively, but the scoring lines (particularly 12/91/26) can't get anything going.

Ricebox

Feb 7, 2013
Norway - Florida
I have come to realize, that as a Lightning fan, our team only has two of the following at all times, never all 3.

Defense
Offense
Goaltending

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
:laugh:

We looked good in first period. Sure, we didn't get any shots on goal and that needs to change but it's not like Hawks had too many quality chances either.

The Lightning PP is the strongest argument yet against diving/embellishment.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
:laugh:

We looked good in first period. Sure, we didn't get any shots on goal and that needs to change but it's not like Hawks had too many quality chances either.

This was my take. It was a weird period. I'd say the Hawks had a slight advantage overall, and more of their shots got through. And their top line is outplaying our top line. But if you think about this as the NHL's best team, we did pretty well. Just a kind of bland period.

Nice, composed stuff from Bishop too.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
This was my take. It was a weird period. I'd say the Hawks had a slight advantage overall, and more of their shots got through. And their top line is outplaying our top line. But if you think about this as the NHL's best team, we did pretty well. Just a kind of bland period.

Nice, composed stuff from Bishop too.

Should have played Bishop in game 1.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'd really like to see Panik on the top line. Possibly even Killorn. Maybe even Labrie.

Team is playing a good responsible game, but they need to spark Stamkos and St. Louis.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I'd really like to see Panik on the top line. Possibly even Killorn. Maybe even Labrie.

Team is playing a good responsible game, but they need to spark Stamkos and St. Louis.

I was actually thinking that. Labrie actually has some jump. Malone is just done, in my opinion.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Okay, the top line needs to be blown up. That's just not working.

Yzlamic Preacher*

Not much Bishop could have done there except hug the post but I think he thought the puck kicked out into the centre.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Take 3 shots from the same spot, 1 is gonna go in.

And yes, can we please take Malone off that top line? We need someone that's gonna be a puck hound to feed Stamkos and Marty. Malone does nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad