GDT: 10/5/13 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Chicago

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Great test tonight vs the Cup Champs. Definitely will need a better effort than the other night defensively. Would love to see us somehow get out of this game with at least point.

Defensively we gave up 25 shots against the Eastern Conference champs and dominated the first two periods of play. There were a couple of head-smacking moments (Barbs), but I thought our D played extremely well. We need to get more pressure, more traffic, more goals, and better goaltending. D was probably the last thing we could blame the other night on.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Defensively we gave up 25 shots against the Eastern Conference champs and dominated the first two periods of play. There were a couple of head-smacking moments (Barbs), but I thought our D played extremely well. We need to get more pressure, more traffic, more goals, and better goaltending. D was probably the last thing we could blame the other night on.

I agree with this. Barberio had that awful mix up, but the whole night we were solid. 2 of the goals were when we were on the PP too. If we would have not been so terrible up a man, who knows what would have happened that game..

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Any word on if Malone is sticking with the top line tonight?

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013
****, just realized that I'm going to ruin my sleeping rhythm completely now. Woke up 5AM this morning (10PM EST) and this game probably ends at 5-6AM. Why didn't I sleep before this (too late to sleep now, won't take the risk that I don't wake up)? :cry: Oh well, at least this season there won't be Tampa games every second night, I was watching hockey every freaking night last season.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
Have a Hawks fan coming over to watch the game at my place. Should be an interesting evening and by interesting I mean 'likely drunk and full of trash talk'.

The Yzerplan

Not enough goalies
May 14, 2009
****, just realized that I'm going to ruin my sleeping rhythm completely now. Woke up 5AM this morning (10PM EST) and this game probably ends at 5-6AM. Why didn't I sleep before this (too late to sleep now, won't take the risk that I don't wake up)? :cry: Oh well, at least this season there won't be Tampa games every second night, I was watching hockey every freaking night last season.

I know how you feel bro :( It's even harder tonight since this is a 8pm game instead of a 7pm game.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
With Salo playing tonight, that would put the D pairings at Hedman-Salo, Carle-Gudas, and Brewer-Sustr, correct? Or, would Brewer and Gudas trade places?

Hoping for a big night from Bishop. A win or OTL against last year's Cup champions would do a lot for the confidence of this team, especially on the road. Will it happen? I doubt it, but I'd love to see it.

Also, Malone needs to play like he belongs on the 1st line tonight. I understand it's hard to keep pace and speed with good skaters like Stamkos and MSL, but he needs to do it if he's gonna keep that spot.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The Chicago singer always sounds like he's singing an Iron Curtain war anthem. I love it.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Interesting that Filppula starts vs. Toews (I assume Toews was there).

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
St. Louis holds the line vs. Bickell.

As I write that, another good defensive play by 26. Looks good.

Yzlamic Preacher*

Hahaha PAHNEEK

EDIT: had to watch the Hawks feed for a bit until hockeystreams got the bolts one up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad