GDT: 10/31: Bruins vs Ducks 7pm ET - Happy Halloween

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Shoot I briefly forgot the fish sticks traded for the Bruin Killer Vanek.

Any guesses on where Bart slots in with Boychuk out?

Figure Dougie moves to Chara and Seids shifts right side to play with Bart.

Krug/Macquaid stay together.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
This was really the first game where I definitely would put some blame on Bergeron. He seemed tentative all night and just isn't as hard on his skates as usual.

I guess I thought it was more Marchy . He's such a good player when he skates north n south when he gets away from this he cost turnovers that aren't needed

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
45 minute effort but I'll take the two points. Rest up for Saturday. Too bad I'll probably be yammered by the time the puck drops :laugh:

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I guess I thought it was more Marchy . He's such a good player when he skates north n south when he gets away from this he cost turnovers that aren't needed

I thought Marchand had a pretty bad game until the last half of the third. He was going at full speed and at least trying to make plays. I feel like it's easy to gauge Marchand's game based on how many and how stupid his turnovers are. Today was somewhat average to below average, which would probably sum up his overall game. I find it to be a pretty good formula. :laugh:

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
I thought Marchand had a pretty bad game until the last half of the third. He was going at full speed and at least trying to make plays. I feel like it's easy to gauge Marchand's game based on how many and how stupid his turnovers are. Today was somewhat average to below average, which would probably sum up his overall game. I find it to be a pretty good formula. :laugh:

I get nervous every time he cuts back to the point near the half boards. He has to either dish it to the point man, create a 2 on 1 give and go w/ that point. Or simply get it back in deep. A lot of times the point man has no idea what he's going to do until it's too late, and the D-man gets left flat footed if there's a turn over.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North

Yep solid post. Kinda why I think it effects Bergys game cause he's the guy skating hard back but I do get what your saying bud

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I think Marchand had good moments and bad moments.

He is looking better now than a few games ago but he still hasn't quite channeled his game yet.

I think what Kelly and Yeti needed was somebody with speed on their line. Caron is just too slow. Spooner IMO is a keeper.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Spooner has the ability to push that line. He has it. While i love kelly as a player personally and think he's an excellent leader, spooner has that quickness, creativity, and drive to keep that line moving their feet and on their toes. Caron is more of a complimentary player that is still struggling with consistency and awareness issues. The nights kelly has, the less common and viva la cage wow nights are times he harnesses "it". I think he's a great compliment to mentor spooner personally, on the wing.

bruinsfan001

Apr 2, 2010
The Bruins banged out a win tonight. The effort was there for much of the game which was good to see, can't really complain. Its tough, early in the season things aren't always going to go your way but tonight they did.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Nice to pull out a win. We actually seemed like a functioning team in the 2nd and 3rd periods.

On a side note, I hope Boychuk is ok...

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Really did have a good game, he, Krug and 51 were the only real bright spots.

On the other hand that Perrault line was the only noticeable one for the Ducks too.

I think Krejci looked good but the line as a unit struggled at varying times. The last half of the game the line had some of the best shifts even though they didn't score.

Krejci's pass to Chara was sneaky-Hiller absolutely thought the shot was coming from Krejci and Chara had a lot of net to put that puck into.

Bergy line is still a mess-they just aren't clicking.

I almost would like to see them switch Yeti and Smith Smith does the right things but he seemed to struggle tonight. Yeti may not have enough of a defensive game for Julien to trust him though.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Watching BruinsIn2...Damn, I gotta agree with Coach, I'm sick of these phantom reputation calls...the elbow call just wasn't there...total mistake...and the hold...well...they should just start calling it "free hand" or something...there wasn't anything close to a grasp...So, both weak...

Just call it both ways.

It shouldn't be so hard to find something on WHITE, if you're going to jump at calls...

Coach has a right to be ripped at this sap crew.

Last edited:

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Wow. This crew is pissing me off. ...after 3 crap calls, ive seen a few cheesy stick slashes on WHITE that would fit right in. Not good enough. Real double standard tonight.

***anger***

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Looks like Spooner will be sticking around, impressive debut.

didnt see much of the game, but what i saw he was impressive.
his speed is what we need. Shouldve been on the team for weeks now.

Dont think he's going anywhere now though.

also-impressive embelishment by chara to draw the late PP

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
didnt see much of the game, but what i saw he was impressive.
his speed is what we need. Shouldve been on the team for weeks now.

Dont think he's going anywhere now though.

also-impressive embelishment by chara to draw the late PP

I will say that sadly the direction reffing has gone players often do have to embellish to draw the calls especially players who have a hard time drawing them to begin with.

The elbowing was probably the worst call-it just didn't happen.

The others were kind of weak but close enough for a call (problem is the weak calls didn't to both ways).

Refs just blow but I think this was the first game where the reffing seemed lopsided/reputation.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
I get nervous every time he cuts back to the point near the half boards. He has to either dish it to the point man, create a 2 on 1 give and go w/ that point. Or simply get it back in deep. A lot of times the point man has no idea what he's going to do until it's too late, and the D-man gets left flat footed if there's a turn over.

Agreed, and long story short, he's holding on to the damn puck too long. His head is down, and he is trying to do everything himself. I know part of his game is his elusiveness with the puck in tight spaces, and he can make things happen, but I feel like he is trying to do too much with the puck right now. He needs to use his teammates and use his quickness without the puck in order to get to places where he can score. I thought he had been turning a bit of a corner, but I didn't think he was great last night.

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA
Hamilton played fantastic, what a stud.

He really did an amazing job. For his 2nd year in the NHL and his play varies from regularly reliable to fantastic.... and he's still a kid!?!?! Man, the future for him is bright. The great thing about him is when there's a turn-over in the offensive zone, he seems to know when to press for the puck and when to fall into a defensive position.

What was up with Bergeron last night? He seemed to hesitate on a number of opportunities? He didn't make mistakes, just didn't seem to pull the trigger a few times.

Marchand is getting a little more aggressive, good to see.

Iggy is bringing a lot. I thought it was that line that changed the tempo of the game in the second period.

Awesome to see the Yeti score his first NHL goal.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Watching BruinsIn2...Damn, I gotta agree with Coach, I'm sick of these phantom reputation calls...the elbow call just wasn't there...total mistake...and the hold...well...they should just start calling it "free hand" or something...there wasn't anything close to a grasp...So, both weak...

Just call it both ways.

It shouldn't be so hard to find something on WHITE, if you're going to jump at calls...

Coach has a right to be ripped at this sap crew.

Thought the elbow could've been called a rough as it was up high even though the elbow didn't contact, so I was alright with that one. The hold was just a putrid call.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Hamilton played fantastic, what a stud.

Kids still learning, with Krug, it`s almost like Hamilton is now a bit under the radar here which is fine. He is quietly becoming very strong in his own end, and when that happens, you see the confidence offensively which we were seeing last night with consistent and intelligent times to jump into plays.

Sorry, disagree with some, Marchand was an absolute mess last night, moving fast, doing little, we all see the game different and I love the ball o hate when he`s on his game but when he`s not.....Spoons looked very comfortable out there and I didn`t find him playing with Sods/Kelly held him back at all which was great to see.

Absolutely brutal, Maple Leafs-like period in the first with one shot. As unacceptable as that it, I`m incredibly impressed with Bruce Boudreau, never thought he could coach defense and not having watched the Ducks last season, nor once this year, he has that team playing exceptionally strong defensive hockey. Very similar to the B`s where they will give you the blueline (bend) but little in the way of quality shots (don`t break). Again, no excuse for the one lone shot, but if ya look at the Ducks shot total (I think it was 5?) it`s not like the B`s were giving up chances while looking for their legs.

Either way, 2pts against a very good (albeit it banged up Ducks team) playing with only 5 D-men after JB didn`t return to play. I`ll take it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad