GDT: 10/31: Bruins vs Ducks 7pm ET - Happy Halloween

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
I don't think the Bruins "stole" anything tonight. yeah the first period was as mehhh as you can get but to grind out a win on the latter half of a back to back? Good win.

Keep Spooner up. Sorry Caron. You're all done.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Krug and Hamilton are really good. Makes me feel better about the eventual retirement of Chara.

I think both could still work in their D-zone play but they look very good and are dangerous in the O-zone.

Dougie also looks like he is going to be dangerous 4 on 4-I don't care what the 5 on 5 pairings are-Julien should put Chara and Dougie together 4 on 4.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Back in 2nd place in the division.

Nice game by Spooner. Man is he fast... Better not get out of the lineup. Ever. That whole 3rd line was good besides that horrible Yeti turnover on the 1st goal. Redeemed himself on the goal.

Most quiet game by the KIL line this season.

The Bergy line is still struggling to create offense. Besides that bubbled open net chance on that great March feed in the first minutes of the game, not much...

Krug was very good again. Just extend this guy.

Boychuk hurt... Enters Bart...

Some good shifts by Merlot.

Caron is done here unless many injuries.

Bring on the Isles.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Still don't get this "stealing points" or whatever. Anaheim didn't do much throughout the game, despite being heavily favoured by the refs. We were better for much of the 2nd, basically all of the third and all of the OT. We've had way more points stolen from us this season than we've stolen (the Sharks game).

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Oh and Krejci had a good game-his little pass to Chara tied the game up-holler totally expected the shot to come from Krejci.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Back in 2nd place in the division.

Nice game by Spooner. Man is he fast... Better not get out of the lineup. Ever. That whole 3rd line was good besides that horrible Yeti turnover on the 1st goal. Redeemed himself on the goal.

Most quiet game by the KIL line this season.

The Bergy line is still struggling to create offense. Besides that bubbled open net chance on that great March feed in the first minutes of the game, not much...

Krug was very good again. Just extend this guy.

Boychuk hurt... Enters Bart...

Some good shifts by Merlot.

Caron is done here unless many injuries.

Bring on the Isles.

This was really the first game where I definitely would put some blame on Bergeron. He seemed tentative all night and just isn't as hard on his skates as usual.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I hate shootouts. With that said, I'm glad the guys won this one. I really hope they keep Spooner around for good; he was all over the place tonight.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
And one other thing. The Bruins did not steal this game. They played a horrendous first (possibly their worst period of the year) and then came back and were going strong by the end of the second into the third, overtime, and shootout.

Calling this a "stolen game" is just dwelling on the initial letdown of tjhe first and possibly the last few games where play hasn't exactly been 60 minutes. If "stealing" is defined as winning because they were lucky not to be down 5-0 after the first, then OK I guess. But aside from that, they played like **** and then came back and earned the win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad