GDT: 10/31/15 - Wild @ Blues - 7PM CT / 2AM Suomi - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
If Graovac was not hurt, I'd move Coyle up and Pommer down to the 3rd. I'd really like to see how that would turn out.

EDIT: And i'm not saying that's a demotion for Pommer, I'm not on the Pommer hate train.

Last edited:

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Walz is talking about breaking up Miko's line, to try and generate more on the Granville line. What do you all think of that? I say you need to leave the one line that constantly challenges and scores points intact. Need to find another way with the other guys to get that Granville line going.
Come on, Walz. Sure, let's mess up the best thing we've got. Let's tear apart our biggest threat. Mess with the other lines, but leave this one alone!

15hockeyfan15

Sep 25, 2015
If Graovac was not hurt, I'd move Coyle up and Pommer down to the 3rd. I'd really like to see how that would turn out.

EDIT: And i'm not saying that's a demotion for Pommer, I'm not on the Pommer hate train.

I like this idea. I think Coyle's big body and forechecking could open up some more opportunities for Parise and Granlund to make plays offensively. Also, putting Pommer with Vanek may help him get going offensively as well.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

I wouldn't mind swapping Vanek/Pominville to see what happens.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
I think I would let the Granlund line play through it, for the most part we are scoring plenty.

Parise is worth of too much to just let him play through this with Pommer and Granny, but I don't wanna break that Mikko's line eather.

Btw, this was probably the worst game I have seen from Parise.

J22*

Just a thought, but maybe Granlund and Pominville shouldn't be your 2nd and 3rd leading forwards in TOI?

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
exactly. It's too bad that one of the lines that is actually playing well doesn't have an opening on the wing currently.:sarcasm:

Actually I would try something like

Mikko's
11-3-26
56-64-29
7-18-10

J22*

Actually I would try something like

Mikko's
11-3-26
56-64-29
7-18-10

I don't mind those at all, but would probably want somebody other than Schroeder on the 4th line.

I would be ok with trying just about anything that doesn't break up Vanek/Coyle or Koivu's line. There's absolutely no reason to touch either of those. I would also be ok with letting PPG try to work through it, but they don't need to be playing 20 minutes a night while they're playing this bad.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Thought Nino had a good night. Brodin played well, too. Dubnyk let in some head-scratchers in the 1st period. Parise looked tired.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i wasn't expecting much on a back to back against top teams. game 11 and dubnyk is looking average . i think it was a big mistake to give him a 6 year contract. if our PP was better we may have put that game away. pommer & granlund better step up soon or yeo should demote them.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Thought Nino had a good night. Brodin played well, too. Dubnyk let in some head-scratchers in the 1st period. Parise looked tired.

That 1st Backes goal was horrible. The 2nd goal should have been stopped too but it was an excellent shot from close range so that is not on Dubnyk entirely. The OT goal again should be stopped even though it looked like it may have deflected off Wild dman or screened partially.

Not sure what's going on with Dubnyk. He is clearly better than his current level of play and not as good as last year's. He is not tracking the puck as well so either something in his mechanics changed or it's a psychological issue with the big contract maybe weighing on him. Maybe he should buy a few one-on-one private coaching sessions with Burke :)

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Off topic kind of but I was watching highlights on NHL tonight. Geez are the Blues announcers big homers especially when Scandella ran into Allen. Where was he supposed to go at that point?

J22*

Off topic kind of but I was watching highlights on NHL tonight. Geez are the Blues announcers big homers especially when Scandella ran into Allen. Where was he supposed to go at that point?

That play is actually a penalty on Allen.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Average would be fine if our defense wasn't playing like it was drunk most of the time.

Can't blame the D for the first goal. That was all on Dubnyk.

On the second one Koivu passed it right on the stick of the Blues forward in our zone. Don't see how they were at fault there.
Yeo refuses to use his mobile, offensively talented D on the point PP. That's not the D's fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad