GDT: 10/31/15 - Wild @ Blues - 7PM CT / 2AM Suomi - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Not gonna lie...happy it didn't go to a pathetic shootout. Not sure how Dubs would handle that. Was a fun 3 on 3...we were just tired.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
4 on 4 + shootout is way more actual hockey than 3 on 3 + shootout. I almost threw up watching that crap

15hockeyfan15

Sep 25, 2015
A win would have have been nice but 3 out 4 points on a back to back against the hawks and blues isn't too bad. On the bright side Vanek wasn't on the ice for 3 on 3.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
The Scandella play in OT is another that I think is a bad idea even though it worked. Your basically asking to turn the puck over in that situation.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
4 on 4 + shootout is way more actual hockey than 3 on 3 + shootout. I almost threw up watching that crap

Going to have to agree. I admit I like watching 3v3 as it is exciting as hell . . . but from a sport perspective I'd take 4V4 and then shootout

J22*

A win would have have been nice but 3 out 4 points on a back to back against the hawks and blues isn't too bad. On the bright side Vanek wasn't on the ice for 3 on 3.

Yeah, why would you want your most skilled and most creative player on the ice 3 on 3? Much rather watch Parise try to jam the puck through the side of the net and then sit there and watch the other team go up the ice 3 on 2.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
No but 3 v 3 hockey will only appeal to the most casual of fan. hell, as a high school hockey player the only time we would do 3 v 3 was during a drill...limited to 1 zone. It's a joke. But I guess the shootout is too so whatever.

If Granlund had scored that or Nino we'd be all but giddy right now

Alexandrov

Dec 5, 2011
Yeah, why would you want your most skilled and most creative player on the ice 3 on 3? Much rather watch Parise try to jam the puck through the side of the net and then sit there and watch the other team go up the ice 3 on 2.

Oh my :laugh:

Vanek was a turnover machine tonight. He had no business sniffing the ice on OT.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities

Yeah seriously...Vanek is like the 1st player we should put out there. Goals are going to come on 3 v 3 and come fast. It doesn't matter what kind of defense you play. You want guys who can score quickly and you should go all out to score first.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
If it bothers you that much, then don't watch it. It's not going back to 4 on 4, so why make yourself miserable? I'm not being mean....just genuinely asking.

I'd prefer 4 on 4, but it lead to too many damn shootouts. And I'll take 3 on 3 vs a shootout any day of the week.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Regardless good to get a point down 2-0 on the road against good opponent in the Blues. But it sucks to lose to the Blues because they push every line given to them and play some pretty crappy hockey

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
No but 3 v 3 hockey will only appeal to the most casual of fan. hell, as a high school hockey player the only time we would do 3 v 3 was during a drill...limited to 1 zone. It's a joke. But I guess the shootout is too so whatever.

Not a casual fan at all. 3v3 beats the hell out of the no ot days and the play to get to a shoot out days.

SP1966

Feb 11, 2013
Las Vegas
I understand why some dislike 3v3 but it reminds me of the old pick up games at the park!

Regarding this game though, the Wild should have an advantage with their speed vs the Blues, but I guess being on the 2nd of b2b they were pretty dead.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota

Not a casual fan at all, and I'm perfectly happy with 3 on 3 as opposed to the shootout. Obviously, 4 on 4 is best, but the shootouts got out of control.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Walz is talking about breaking up Miko's line, to try and generate more on the Granville line. What do you all think of that? I say you need to leave the one line that constantly challenges and scores points intact. Need to find another way with the other guys to get that Granville line going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad