GDT: 10/31/15 - 7:00PM EDT - Boston VS Tampa Bay

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Might be time to separate TKO. I dunno anymore.

That time done came and went a LONG time ago brother. The important thing is we DON'T overreact and throw out the baby with the bathwater on the TKO line. You grind out a ****** season and they figure it out. You can make changes around them but you DON'T get rid of ANY of them. Get Johnson off the ice for a while and figure out what to do with Kucherov and Palat

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Stamkos contract has screwed this team! I can see Johnson is not a 100 percent! All triplets do is pass! No even strength goal since October 23rd! Clearly see a Stanley cup hangover now!

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Edit: not sure how to embed tweets

@TBTimes_JSmith: #tblightning Stamkos: "It's time to shake things up. We've tried different line combinations. Need something to get a spark."

LMFAO!

What different combinations?? TKO is still intact, we have Callahan and Stamkos playing together and the only reason we have Killorn playing with the is because Drouin is out. Namestnikov playing permanent 4th line duty and is the only other guy out there giving a damn.

If you're saying Coop needs to be fired then GTFO. Scotty Bowman himself couldn't find a gastroenterologist talented enough to pull this team's head out of its ass.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
LMFAO!

What different combinations?? TKO is still intact, we have Callahan and Stamkos playing together and the only reason we have Killorn playing with the is because Drouin is out. Namestnikov playing permanent 4th line duty and is the only other guy out there giving a damn.

If you're saying Coop needs to be fired then GTFO. Scotty Bowman himself couldn't find a gastroenterologist talented enough to pull this team's head out of its ass.

Killorn was bad tonight, Coop finally demoted him by the end of the 3rd period. I saw Vladdy out there with them.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Just got back from trick or treating with little Hose, how'd Connolly do?

Game winner. Yzerman said post-game he regrets the day he traded him (while drunk) and is considering stepping down as the team's GM because of it. Turns out our sluggish start is entirely due to the team's dependence on Connolly's rousing 2nd intermission speeches. Which he now gives to the Bruins. Apparently, they're grooming him for the C.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
Generally always agree with everything you say, but stralman has been bad this year. Even when the forwards leave him out to dry, he can cover for it, this year, he's looked lazy and disinterested. Not the same guy as last year.

He hasn't been as good as last year. Not a single defenseman has. Dude got Norris votes last year....

He's a possession player and he's at his best when a team has an identity of possessing the puck. Our identity right now is being stuck in our own zone puck chasing. This is not Stralman hockey. To see the Stralman we saw last year, he will need a team that holds puck possession as a priority.

I will still hold my opinion that he has not been as bad as people have made him out to be so far. Struggles, yes, but are we really blaming him for a 5v3 pp goal? If he takes back door it's a tap-in in the crease. Hard to defend 3 players at once.

EDIT: and that hose up there is a 10/10

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
No heart. Boring. Disinterested.

This team is clearly not ready and/or willing to play so far this year. Even the games we've won this year haven't been all that impressive.

I'm sorry, but put this on Cooper. The book is out on us and the system and special teams have not changed one bit. I'm pretty sure 1 player can run a successful PK against us. Point to right halfboards, back to point, to left half boards, rung around behind net to right halfboards, back to point. There's no cycle, there's no strategy. It's literally just them passing the puck around and hoping for an open look. Boston runs a beautiful ****ing powerplay. That was a work of art. Two passes to get the puck down low and the forwards outnumber the defenders. ****ing beautiful. I actually said that when Connolly scored.

If I'm Yzerman, Coop's chair starts to get a little toasty. This roster has too much talent to look this disinterested and play this poorly.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
He hasn't been as good as last year. Not a single defenseman has. Dude got Norris votes last year....

He's a possession player and he's at his best when a team has an identity of possessing the puck. Our identity right now is being stuck in our own zone puck chasing. This is not Stralman hockey. To see the Stralman we saw last year, he will need a team that holds puck possession as a priority.

I will still hold my opinion that he has not been as bad as people have made him out to be so far. Struggles, yes, but are we really blaming him for a 5v3 pp goal? If he takes back door it's a tap-in in the crease. Hard to defend 3 players at once.

EDIT: and that hose up there is a 10/10

This is not true.

We aren't stuck in our zone most of the time. We do have good time in the other team's zone, but we never capitalize. We play perimeter hockey. That's not us. The Lightning I know would do whatever it took to score a goal. But now, we take a shot, with nobody in front willing to deflect or fight, and we're done. Or the puck goes along the boards, and we just swipe our sticks at it.

In the immortal words of Bruce Boudreau, "don't just THINK you want it, go out and ****ING want it!"

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This is not true.

We aren't stuck in our zone most of the time. We do have good time in the other team's zone, but we never capitalize. We play perimeter hockey. That's not us. The Lightning I know would do whatever it took to score a goal. But now, we take a shot, with nobody in front willing to deflect or fight, and we're done. Or the puck goes along the boards, and we just swipe our sticks at it.

In the immortal words of Bruce Boudreau, "don't just THINK you want it, go out and ****ING want it!"

This. We're defending a lot better than we did through the bulk of last year. Bish has been great, but it's not like he's constantly bailing us out. We're still prone to the occasional lapse, like always, but so is every other team in the league.

Has Stralman been as good as last year? He hasn't been as good as he was at the FIRST of last year, nor as good as he was in the playoffs. But he played about 60 games last year pretty much exactly as he's playing now.

Sustr's still pretty bad, but he's better than last year too. Garrison is Garrison. Hedman has had about two bad periods all season.

But yeah. The quoted post is right. We've entered Bizarro world and, while our D is finally looking fairly consistently solid, the forwards have gotten fat and lazy. They look like they forgot they had to work for goals last year, and it didn't all just come because they were more skilled than the other team.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Glad I missed this one. Team needs to get their act together. Not looking good so far this season.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
This. We're defending a lot better than we did through the bulk of last year. Bish has been great, but it's not like he's constantly bailing us out. We're still prone to the occasional lapse, like always, but so is every other team in the league.

Has Stralman been as good as last year? He hasn't been as good as he was at the FIRST of last year, nor as good as he was in the playoffs. But he played about 60 games last year pretty much exactly as he's playing now.

Sustr's still pretty bad, but he's better than last year too. Garrison is Garrison. Hedman has had about two bad periods all season.

But yeah. The quoted post is right. We've entered Bizarro world and, while our D is finally looking fairly consistently solid, the forwards have gotten fat and lazy. They look like they forgot they had to work for goals last year, and it didn't all just come because they were more skilled than the other team.

I'll still disagree. I think Bish has been consistently bailing us out. Our dmen get walked on a consistent basis and I've seen more odd man rushes in the last 4 games than I saw all of last season.

We can't transition, we can't get through the neutral zone, and we can't possess the puck in their zone. The above post says our possession is fine, but other than 2 or 3 games I haven't been impressed by our zone time. Tonight I was impressed for the first 12 minutes, but then we went back to shell hockey in our own end. Detroit defense.

JS91

May 14, 2014
I feel like I might just quit watching hockey for a week or two right now... No ****ing point in staying up all nights to watch this kind of crap. If we **** the bed today as well it's going to be real hard to watch another game knowing that it might just be this same crap all over again..

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
2 goals in the last 4 games. :shakehead

On the bright side I thought Kucherov had a pretty good game. Namestnikov still surprises with good plays.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Edit: not sure how to embed tweets

@TBTimes_JSmith: #tblightning Stamkos: "It's time to shake things up. We've tried different line combinations. Need something to get a spark."
So Stammer is now publicly critizing Cooper?

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Played relatively well until they scored the first goal then they completely took their foot off the pedal, poor compete level, it seems the hype that surrounded their performance last year got their heads. They're particularly brutal at even strength, Gustavsson barely faced a handful of high scoring chances. The whole team sucked Garisson, Namestnikov and Bishop aside. Worst game Stralman played under the TBL colors, Hedman is a beast but he got worse as the game went on, Killorn and Flip ugh, Johnson's been once again invisible despite the effort. I thought Sustr had an OK game, he's got no offensive upside but he put his best effort to move the puck, he was moving his legs. Nesterov made some errant breakout passes but he was trying to be an impact player at least.

Time to give 18-90-86 a shot IMO.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
I feel like I might just quit watching hockey for a week or two right now... No ****ing point in staying up all nights to watch this kind of crap. If we **** the bed today as well it's going to be real hard to watch another game knowing that it might just be this same crap all over again..

This has gotta be hard for you European guys. Staying awake all hours of the night and morning to watch them stink their way through another game. Ugh.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
good thing I enjoyed about going to this game the club level is amazing it was re done by the lightning! the thing I did not enjoy was watching our team stink and pass it to boston all night

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
So Stammer is now publicly critizing Cooper?

That's what it looks like. I find this quote very interesting...

Spy-Kids-better-look-closer.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad