GDT: 10/31/15 - 7:00PM EDT - Boston VS Tampa Bay

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
:laugh:

True. Marchand was really good too. Honestly - we just got outworked. If we get outplayed - I can live with that. I hate getting outworked.

There was something like a minute left when Marchand scored. Normally in that situation, down by 2, Coop keeps chugging with his scorers and pulls Bish at the first opportunity. Tonight he put the 4th line on the ice. Message?

I'm guessing we get a more fiery Coop in tonight's post-game. I don't think he would have rolled with that line if he weren't a little disgusted. (Wasn't really a Morrow-type blunder ;) )

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Did the trip to SCF get to their heads this easily? There really is no other explanation. They haven't just suddenly lost all their talent. It has to be mental and it's the coaches job to light a fire under their ass. We are in for a rude awakening if we think that we can just cruise through the regular season not giving a ****.

I'm so ****ing pissed right now I could punch a puppy.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
well on the bright side, at least i didn't waste money for tickets to this one.

I'm been wanting to spendera my variation in Tampa going to some games but now way I'm doping it anytime soon because I would not pay to see this live.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
:laugh:

True. Marchand was really good too. Honestly - we just got outworked. If we get outplayed - I can live with that. I hate getting outworked.

Yep, they actually remind me of the Columbus Bluejackets in that regard. The CBJ came into the season riding the hype and they looked incredibly prima donna to start. What made the CBJ so good after they got some players back, was their hard hat and lunch pale work ethic. They were brutal to play against because you knew that they'd match your effort or surpass it every night.

The Lightning are playing the same way right now. The only way to work through this is to commit to dirty, boring and **** hockey. Scrum it up, flip it to the crease, throw your body after the puck and flail like wild crazed and hungry dogs. Too much "froo-froo" ****. Reaching for pucks instead of skating and managing the puck. It's dishonest hockey we're watching. The game is an honest game. You cheat it, you will lose more than you win. We're a .500 hockey team and that's because Bishop has willed us to be a .500 hockey team imo.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I hope Cooper reams this team in the ass tonight. Get the **** out of your funk here. Stop feeling sorry for yourselves, and ****ing go out tomorrow and win. I dont give a flying **** if it's a back to back. Show some effort AT LEAST, and I won't be AS mad.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
There was something like a minute left when Marchand scored. Normally in that situation, down by 2, Coop keeps chugging with his scorers and pulls Bish at the first opportunity. Tonight he put the 4th line on the ice. Message?

I'm guessing we get a more fiery Coop in tonight's post-game. I don't think he would have rolled with that line if he weren't a little disgusted. (Wasn't really a Morrow-type blunder ;) )

No I saw that - I mean, it was a fold, but it was also a message. We'll see what comes from it.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Stralman has been fine. He gets hung out to dry by poor two way play and can't do it all by himself. You guys need to relax on that one.

Serious questions:
Did this team skip offseason activities?
Has Jon Cooper prepared his team well enough to start the season?

The big one:

Is Steven Stamkos' contract a distraction in the locker room?

Stralman looks like he has Carleitis. With maybe a touch of Sustr fever.

Ok, that's harsh, but he hasn't looked good. And this was not his worst game this season.

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa
I'm been wanting to spendera my variation in Tampa going to some games but now way I'm doping it anytime soon because I would not pay to see this live.

somehow the bolts have sold out every game and are #5 in attendance, but ticket prices are way too high and the team kinda sucks right now.
still bought tickets today for the flames game because im a fanboy :p

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
No I saw that - I mean, it was a fold, but it was also a message. We'll see what comes from it.

Yeah, a fold is the best way to describe it. And it was a situation where I don't think we've ever seen it from him before. But the fold itself shows what he thought of the performance.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Stamkos and Callahan have actually been fine. Ryan is snakebit and Stamkos is trying to carry everyone on his shoulders and it all appears as wasted movement when it doesn't reflect on the scoreboard. The TKO line is ****ing toast. Johnson looked like crap in preseason and he looks like crap now. I was very quietly concerned about him and I sincerely doubt he's going to amount to anything this year. He either never got over his injury or he has a new one. Johnson needs to sit ASAP until he's back to 100%. At this point he is costing us games.

Palat is pretty much useless from a scoring standpoint unless Kucherov and Johnson are playing well. Ondrej will bust his hump and drive the bus physically but not offensively. Kucherov finally scored but I doubt it woke the sleeping giant. Filppula is a ghost most of the time, Killorn is too inconsistent to be an impact player. Condra is the same. Brown is Brown, Patch is patch. Boyle will bust his ass but he's only gonna make a huge play that results in a goal once every 3 to 5 games.

Cooper needs to completely revamp the lines and get Johnson out of the lineup and call it an "undisclosed injury" until the kid figures out how to play hockey again..

Right now I can't be quite sure if we found a stranger in the Alps or if we broke all our eggs because we put them in the now broken TKO basket

PS- The Stamkos contract is a HUGE reason for all of this. If he's as stupidly clueless and coy with his team as he is with his fans saying, "Oh I'm not worried" then there's no way they trust him. I sure as hell wouldn't. I promise you it's a distraction because other players not only wonder if he's sticking around but I promise they wonder how much he's getting paid but they wonder how it will affect their contracts too.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Gotta feel for Bish. He's playing a lot better than last year and we're giving him nothing to work with.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Stamkos and Callahan have actually been fine. Ryan is snakebit and Stamkos is trying to carry everyone on his shoulders and it all appears as wasted movement when it doesn't reflect on the scoreboard. The TKO line is ****ing toast. Johnson looked like crap in preseason and he looks like crap now. I was very quietly concerned about him and I sincerely doubt he's going to amount to anything this year. He either never got over his injury or he has a new one. Johnson needs to sit ASAP until he's back to 100%. At this point he is costing us games.

Palat is pretty much useless from a scoring standpoint unless Kucherov and Johnson are playing well. Ondrej will bust his hump and drive the bus physically but not offensively. Kucherov finally scored but I doubt it woke the sleeping giant. Filppula is a ghost most of the time, Killorn is too inconsistent to be an impact player. Condra is the same. Brown is Brown, Patch is patch. Boyle will bust his ass but he's only gonna make a huge play that results in a goal once every 3 to 5 games.

Cooper needs to completely revamp the lines and get Johnson out of the lineup and call it an "undisclosed injury" until the kid figures out how to play hockey again..

Right now I can't be quite sure if we found a stranger in the Alps or if we broke all our eggs because we put them in the now broken TKO basket

PS- The Stamkos contract is a HUGE reason for all of this. If he's as stupidly clueless and coy with his team as he is with his fans saying, "Oh I'm not worried" then there's no way they trust him. I sure as hell wouldn't. I promise you it's a distraction because other players not only wonder if he's sticking around but I promise they wonder how much he's getting paid but they wonder how it will affect their contracts too.

Might be time to separate TKO. I dunno anymore.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Edit: not sure how to embed tweets

@TBTimes_JSmith: #tblightning Stamkos: "It's time to shake things up. We've tried different line combinations. Need something to get a spark."

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Tampa is now out of the playoffs, well in the standings. They aren't even in a WC spot since NJD have more points than we do. Just wish the team would understand that all points are important, I mean sure there is still a long season but I don't want to go in a 'hope the other teams in our division loses because we are', I'd rather they earn their on path.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad