GDT: 10/30/2014 - San Jose @ Minnesota - 7PM CT/2AM Suomi - FSN+/CSN-CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Russo's gamer says that tied Koivu's single game best.

I didn't say I agreed with him, I was just pointing out what Yeo thinks.

And I was expressing my opinion regarding (what you quite possibly correctly think is) Yeos stance on the matter.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
The whole top line struggled... that will happen at times, that's why good teams have scoring depth.

I wonder how much of Burns/Vlasic they saw. I didn't notice anything too crazy during the game, but I'm guessing that would be the matchup that SJ would try to get as much as possible.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I love the game even more because of Koivu's play! This game after talk of his game legitimately being a cause of concern!

This looks like the beginning of his bounce back to form. ;)

He might be getting a little older, meaning that slumps will happen a little more often and last a bit longer, but there's still gas left in the tank and he will dig himself out of this.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
I could care less about size, all I care about is that our 3rd pairing is **** right now and Blum would help remedy that.

I don't think he would. He's decent offensively but not that good defensively. There's a reason he's never stuck in the NHL, he just can't play defense well enough.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Officials helped this one. Koivu line was pretty awesome, yeah. Looked like Vanek got some energy from his helpers. He's still not getting enough chances, though. First line was baaaad again.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
Granlund has been pretty bad this season, only the season opener was good from him. Hope he doesn't slump too bad..

he will raise his level along the season, he always do. remember this is a new position for him - being a 1st C at absolutely top level. no one ever has slump at wild shirt :D no??! thats the other side of playing a discipline hockey, the team comes first not the personal success and production.

Last edited:

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
im sure sharks fans are screaming bloody murder on 2 dis allowed goals but i for one hope the nhl cracks down on goal tender interference. you shouldn't be able tackle the goalie unless hes outside the paint. fantastic comeback win for the good guys! we needed the 2 points. life is good.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
im sure sharks fans are screaming bloody murder on 2 dis allowed goals but i for one hope the nhl cracks down on goal tender interference. you shouldn't be able tackle the goalie unless hes outside the paint. fantastic comeback win for the good guys! we needed the 2 points. life is good.
The Wild put one into their own net, so it all evens out.

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
Watched the game on my computer while the Panthers stunk it up on TNF.

Overall, I was satisfied with the effort by the team. Lots of good chances and effective finishes. Vanek's passes to Brodziak were all-star quality. I hope this gives Kyle some confidence if they stay together.

Kuemper had another strong game with key saves, yet the goals he let up were pretty soft.

I bet Sharks fans are furious that they only got a point. Two goals disallowed, with the first probably counting if not for Brad Meier.

I think the Rangers loss was a momentary lapse, and the team has proved they can do whatever it takes to win, just like they did in a lot of games last year, coming from a multi-goal differential late in games and scoring after they have worn down their opponent.

I expect another solid effort against Pittsburgh.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I don't see how the first called off goal was controversial at all. Shark forward ran into Kuemper's back foot right as he was pushing off, causing him to spin out. Ref was right there.

Jacques The Mayor

Aug 29, 2011
wastings mn
I kept trying to get my section to chant "meiiii-errr, meiiii-errr, meiiii-errr, meiiii-errr" but no one around me knew what I was trying to do. That game was pretty brutally called for both sides.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
good game to be at for my first Wild game of the year. Vaneks dimes to Brodziak were beautiful. Its nice seeing him and the Kaptain play well. 17:00 on the ice for Dumba, seemed like he was out there more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad