GDT: 10/3/19 - 7:00PM EDT - Florida vs Tampa Bay

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Palat was quite good. Defense was a mess. Offense came alive in the later half of the game.

Only game 1. It'll get ruined out. Shattenkirk made a play tonight that passed to his other point man in the middle of the blue line with a man on. The panther I think was too shocked he actually made that pass that he didnt intercept it. That could have been an easy breakaway.

But it was good to see a clean goal scored from the point from him. Also good to see Palat looking good. Also good to see a big body in Maroon do his thang in front of the net.

Also, is it just me, or did every nudge and touch of a Panther send them flying tonight?

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Looked a bit off at times, but give it 10-15 games to get Point back and the new guys time to gel with the team and I think we'll be fine. I'm far more interested in game 83 than game 1.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Just got done watching the highlights. Good God we can't have THAT many breakdowns on a nightly basis. But it's game 1 and it's not always gonna be perfect out the gate. Just don't allow that to happen anymore. But otherwise there was a lot to like. I like how the addition of Maroon and Shattenkirk is already paying off. Feels like Hedman fired wide on the Maroon goal on purpose there. If so what a great play because the rebound was perfect for his tap in. Man did Bob ever pooch that one. He thought the puck was gonna hop over to Johnson on the other side and left the net wide open for Maroon when he flipped to the other side. But it's hard to blame Bob for that one. You can't have 2 guys sitting at the mouth of the goal like that. Overall feels like a B- night with lots of room to improve but I'll take that win any night.

1 down 81 to go....

Is it April yet?

Seriously

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
To be fair, his defensive play was far better in the third than it was in the first two, which is a good sign. He'll never be a great defender, but he seems committed to being better.

A damn good interview, too.

I think it's smart they are putting shatty with hedman I was surprised cooper's boy rutta didn't play lol

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Just got done watching the highlights. Good God we can't have THAT many breakdowns on a nightly basis. But it's game 1 and it's not always gonna be perfect out the gate. Just don't allow that to happen anymore. But otherwise there was a lot to like. I like how the addition of Maroon and Shattenkirk is already paying off. Feels like Hedman fired wide on the Maroon goal on purpose there. If so what a great play because the rebound was perfect for his tap in. Man did Bob ever pooch that one. He thought the puck was gonna hop over to Johnson on the other side and left the net wide open for Maroon when he flipped to the other side. But it's hard to blame Bob for that one. You can't have 2 guys sitting at the mouth of the goal like that. Overall feels like a B- night with lots of room to improve but I'll take that win any night.

1 down 81 to go....

Is it April yet?

Seriously

It's a bit shaky but for sure this is the biggest roster turnover we have had since like 2014-2015 season. It's nice we put some puck behind bob.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Watched the highlights, what was good, what bad? Cernak seemed kinda clumsy on a few plays, was that going on all night long?

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Kuch didn’t look very good in those two offensive blueline giveaway sequences.

Stamkos getting denied by Yandle on that EN attempt was something.

Palat’s baseball goal was awesome. Dude looked good the entire game. Stay healthy!

Maroon just stood there in front of Bob like a f***ing brick wall - only to put in the eventual rebound. More of that please.

Serg with three assists, Cirelli very good defensively and a great net front pass to Palat, Shattenkirk great offensively, poor defensively about what was to be expected.

Turnovers have to stop, especially the lazy cross ice passes and redirections. Put it deep, work from there.

Reactions: NatoGhost and T REX

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Palat is by far the most encouraging thing to come out of tonight. And Vasilevskiy

Agreed, I also thought Shattenkirk was excellent offensively.
In general we played a poor game in our standards and I thought Tyler Johnson was hot garbage and Kuch had his typical bad game, a billion turnovers yet scoring a goal and an assist, lol

Reactions: T REX

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Kuch didn’t look very good in those two offensive blueline giveaway sequences.

Stamkos getting denied by Yandle on that EN attempt was something.

Palat’s baseball goal was awesome. Dude looked good the entire game. Stay healthy!

Maroon just stood there in front of Bob like a ****ing brick wall - only to put in the eventual rebound. More of that please.

Serg with three assists, Cirelli very good defensively and a great net front pass to Palat, Shattenkirk great offensively, poor defensively about what was to be expected.

Turnovers have to stop, especially the lazy cross ice passes and redirections. Put it deep, work from there.

I don't think we have had a forward stand in front of the net that east since Ryan Malone watching what Maroon did

Reactions: DaBolts

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
Other than the result, how did we look?
I thought we looked good for the most part but shaky a few times. It was almost like the boys were overthinking it in the second and were chasing the puck for the entire period. Didn't seem to have much O-zone time. What I saw overall is:

Sergachev was not good to start the game but seemed to get more and more comfortable as the game went on. By the end of the game I was thinking we need to go ahead and get his extension done during the season, before he gets 60+ points and prices himself into a trade.

Cirelli is a beast and needs to be signed in-season as well. That guy's future is so bright, I cannot wait to see what he becomes when his development is complete. On the whole, I loved the Palat, Cirelli, and Killorn line.

Our 4th line of Smith, Maroon, and Witkowski played EXACTLY how a 4th line should play.

Shattenkirk looked like I figured he would. Not great on defense but made up for his mistakes by scoring. The most promising thing is how he recognized his issues and mentioned working "a few things" out with Heddy.

The most surprising thing to me was to see how well Palat played. He actually looked like the Ondrej Palat of 2 years ago. If that holds true and he returns to form, holy cow... look out.

And finally, Vasi showed why he is now the third-highest paid goalie in the league and even at that rate is a bargain. Dude is unbelievable.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
So you'll only show up after a loss?

This is so much BS. I was here every game win or lose. I'll bet you right now I was here after wins and losses....it is easy to look it up. I show those games and you leave forever? If I was only here after losses...I leave forever. Fair enough? You gonna back your BS up or do you care to correct your BS?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Was it just me or was our net front presence better than what we're used to (which is nothing)? Not even just Maroon. Palat and Killorn seemed to be creating havoc in front too. More tipped pucks than I'm used to seeing. Yanni Gourde used to be the only guy who even attempted that. Maybe Cirelli now and again.

The D was awful, but Vasy did what he always does in that scenario. Okay, except last year's playoffs. Lots of room to improve.

I think we might go through the motions at times this year. April is so far away. But this is a better Panthers team than we're used to, and they were clearly amped up.

Also, it's just nice to get a few past Bobrovsky.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I reeaaallly couldn't care less how we do in these remaining 81 games as long as we comfortably make the playoffs. If any of you still think the regular season means something I don't know what to tell you.

Reactions: T REX

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
I reeaaallly couldn't care less how we do in these remaining 81 games as long as we comfortably make the playoffs. If any of you still think the regular season means something I don't know what to tell you.
I just enjoy watching the Lightning regardless of the time of year. The regular season is merely preseason for the playoffs, sure, but I still get mad when we give up goals, seethe when we lose a game, get excited when we score and feel joy when we win the game, so I would say they mean something.

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
I just enjoy watching the Lightning regardless of the time of year. The regular season is merely preseason for the playoffs, sure, but I still get mad when we give up goals, seethe when we lose a game, get excited when we score and feel joy when we win the game, so I would say they mean something.

Agree. Still fun to watch. We've been spoiled compared to many teams. Yes the playoffs sucked last year but were like the rich kids whining our parents only bought us a new accord instead of a bmw. Its still a brand new car...were lucky to have a great team and hopefully they get in done this year. If the team has the same dont care attitude about the regular season as some of you, we won't be in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad