GDT: 10/29/19 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New York Rangers

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Will we be using the "regular season doesn't matter", "new system" or "back to back" excuse tomorrow?
I'm sure there's plenty to choose from, but it's NJ. If anything there's more reason to win tomorrow since we're leaving with 0 points tonight

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Let ownership just watch them miss the playoffs then is there plan
I've stated a few times that I don't believe this is the core to get it done. Gotta ship Tyjo and Palat, We desperately need a winger to play with Stamkos. Our D isn't bad but man they aren't looking good. It doesn't help that our coach us useless and gets out-coached a lot.

Its still early in the season but man, things don't look great. Injuries are starting to pile on it seems too.

Reactions: Tampacuseforever

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
big-toast-img.png

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
I'm starting to wonder if there's a rift in the locker room between some players. When you get embarrassed as we did in the playoffs last season it's not unrealistic to believe some finger pointing took place. Really starting to wonder if this core can win a Cup together, just seems like things aren't right.

Reactions: LightningStrikes

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
No one gave a shit out there and it showed. Really the only people who cared were Stamkos, Johnson, Palat, and Vasy. Everyone else just coasted and looked hungover. Kuch has checked out completely.

Something has to give at this point. A trade, coaching change, system change, something. We are making every team look like all-stars while out stars are just playing with their dicks.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
Wow... we are really struggling to find an identity right now. Yet another game where, even though we got 30 shots, we were really playing defense all GD night and I am sick of watching us chase the puck.

Powerplay17

Feb 13, 2018
Tampa
Out worked all night. New system BS.

Doesn’t matter what you’re trying to do when the other team skates circles around you all night. One day ownership and this fan base will look back on this period of Lightning hockey and wonder what happened. Team is stale and needs significant changes on ice and behind the bench.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I hate to overreact, but this is shades of the season we missed the playoffs. Leaving a lot of points on the ice early season, a lot of injuries, and a lot of excuses.

Team needs to string together some positives quickly

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
The injuries did us no favors, as did that painful bounce off Coburn on the pk, but there's still plenty of players capable of making this a game, especially before the team wore out.

There's gotta be a way to marry what has led to this team being successful offensively the past few years, and playing a style that can translate in April. Because right now, this ain't it.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
No one gave a **** out there and it showed. Really the only people who cared were Stamkos, Johnson, Palat, and Vasy. Everyone else just coasted and looked hungover. Kuch has checked out completely.

Something has to give at this point. A trade, coaching change, system change, something. We are making every team look like all-stars while out stars are just playing with their dicks.

I would include Point in that list too. He was trying to make stuff happen all over the ice. Just kept getting let down by Kuch's mishandling of the puck. :(

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad