GDT: 10/29/19 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New York Rangers

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I mean, can anybody honestly lay out the direction this team is heading? Like, what change has Cooper made that's been successful? Cause the lines suck. Verhaeghe...its not his fault but it doesn't take a scout to realize he's not nhl material so bring up Smith. Our big guy got clotheslined into concussion protocol in the 1st. This "identity change" is a crock of shit people are repeating from what McKenzie said..

All I've seen is worse coverage defensively, worse special teams and a horrible offense so far. If the identity change is to suck balls like the Devils, then yeah, we are changing our identity that's for damn sure. We look terrible.

There's only so many systems in hockey and only so much you can express to players until players tune you out, and rightly so in this case. Cooper tried, couldn't do it. Time to move on Brisebois, don't be a f***ing idiot.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I just honestly hope they keep this pace. A season of missing the playoffs or being .500 at the turn of the year will almost force JBB to something other than sit on his hands and talk about how everything is fine.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
JT Miller has more goals than every player on the lightning this month has been brutal all these road games man
Road games, home games, whatever. Doesn't matter. They've sucked all year. I think there was 1 period where they looked good all year. 1 stinking period out of 30+ periods. Pathetic. They've gotten by with a few wins but even looked like crap in those...

Reactions: gn2007

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Road games, home games, whatever. Doesn't matter. They've sucked all year. I think there was 1 period where they looked good all year. 1 stinking period out of 30+ periods. Pathetic. They've gotten by with a few wins but even looked like crap in those...

Only game I can remember looking good was the W in Toronto

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
That game was brutal to watch. Guys got totally outplayed on national tv. Embarrassing game for the team.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I miss callahan right now

I miss Cally, Stråls, Boyle and Millsy right now. The latter three are all flourishing with their new teams. Strålman has been healthy and brought rock solid defense and PK for the Cats. Boyle has scored 2 goals in 3 GP, hits all the things and rocked the FO circle for the Cats despite being signed so late. And Miller is on a huge hot streak for the Canucks right now.

But what's done is done.

Let's hope the boys get it together somehow. Or we might not even MAKE the playoffs.

Anyone watching the post game?

Hell no. Not with those commentators. :P

Reactions: CupsOverCash

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I mean, can anybody honestly lay out the direction this team is heading? Like, what change has Cooper made that's been successful? Cause the lines suck. Verhaeghe...its not his fault but it doesn't take a scout to realize he's not nhl material so bring up Smith. Our big guy got clotheslined into concussion protocol in the 1st. This "identity change" is a crock of **** people are repeating from what McKenzie said..

All I've seen is worse coverage defensively, worse special teams and a horrible offense so far. If the identity change is to suck balls like the Devils, then yeah, we are changing our identity that's for damn sure. We look terrible.

There's only so many systems in hockey and only so much you can express to players until players tune you out, and rightly so in this case. Cooper tried, couldn't do it. Time to move on Brisebois, don't be a ****ing idiot.
I can see what we're trying to do, and the goal is to have something that most importantly works in the playoffs, but so far we have not been successful. And that's a big part of it because without getting the results you expect, it's hard to completely buy-in to a style. Like go back to 2011 and people can say what they want about Boucher, his coaching philosophies, and the way he wanted to play, but the wins were there. The results were there. The team was successful. So the players not only had faith in what was being preached, but they could then execute it at a high level. Right now until that happens with this group, I wonder if things don't turn around, if it will then only get harder and harder

Reactions: LightningStrikes

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I cant even fathom how bad we're gonna look tomorrow. They looked slow tonight already.

We truly are the embarrassment of the league still

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I can see what we're trying to do, and the goal is to have something that most importantly works in the playoffs, but so far we have not been successful. And that's a big part of it because without getting the results you expect, it's hard to completely buy-in to a style. Like go back to 2011 and people can say what they want about Boucher, his coaching philosophies, and the way he wanted to play, but the wins were there. The results were there. The team was successful. So the players not only had faith in what was being preached, but they could then execute it at a high level. Right now until that happens with this group, I wonder if things don't turn around, if it will then only get harder and harder

It lasts for maybe a period and then it just comes undone. We might even play well for almost the entire game but it's a one off. Not even sure how we have 5 wins. Feels like every game we've played except against Toronto has been a loss.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
I just honestly hope they keep this pace. A season of missing the playoffs or being .500 at the turn of the year will almost force JBB to something other than sit on his hands and talk about how everything is fine.
Don't turn into one of those guys that want to see the team lose so the coach will get fired. You're really gonna suck the fun out of watching.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
It lasts for maybe a period and then it just comes undone. We might even play well for almost the entire game but it's a one off. Not even sure how we have 5 wins. Feels like every game we've played except against Toronto has been a loss.
Consistency has definitely been an issue. Win, Loss, OTL, Win, Loss, Win, SO Win, Loss, Win, OTL, Loss. How's that for game-to-game consistency?

6 of the 7 games we've earned pts in have come against teams currently in a playoff position, so that's good, but losses like this and Ottawa, yeah not so much. This group is really being tested all of a sudden. Hopefully we can come out of it stronger.

Reactions: Stammertime91

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Thanks Cooper. We lost to a mostly AHL/ECHL team tonight. Hope you're proud.

#FireCooper

Reactions: Master P

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
Don't ask me why I feel obligated to post this but I have to find the humor or soak my pillow cover in tears.

WTF Bolts? #FireCoop circa March 2017

======

We don’t have any words and we know you don’t want to hear them:confused:

We understand your anger, frustration, sadness. Everything you’re feeling – we get it:eek:

This isn’t the ending we imagined, and certainly not the one we wanted:skeptic:

Thank you for being there the entire way:rolleyes:

=======

JBB is highly unlikely to fire his BFF. They have been together from Norfolk until now, JBB has hired him at each stage of JC's career.

I see them letting his contract run out and moving him somewhere else in the organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->