GDT: 10/27 Nashville Predators @ LA Kings 7:30 PST

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
Man this feels good. I'm not even concerned about the 4OT wins. Free hockey is free hockey.

Budaj starting to look a lot better in net. Seems to be settling down a little.

Just really happy with how the team is playing.

Preach Trolfoli, right there with you, bubba!!!

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Taking the responsibility of leadership off Brown is starting to look genius. He's making things happen out there on many of his shifts. Even with zero points tonight he was on the ice for both regulation goals.

It's weird saying this, but once Gaborik gets back, we might actually have 3 effective lines.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Taking the responsibility of leadership off Brown is starting to look genius. He's making things happen out there on many of his shifts. Even with zero points tonight he was on the ice for both regulation goals.

It's weird saying this, but once Gaborik gets back, we might actually have 3 effective lines.

Brown has been surprisingly solid, I'd love it if he could keep this up for the whole season.

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal

its almost as if removing the C flipped his brain back on. I know its still early but he looks like an entirely different player

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley

And when Quickie gets back, a contender :)

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
its almost as if removing the C flipped his brain back on. I know its still early but he looks like an entirely different player

He's not trying to lead by example, Brown's just playing his game. Also playing on a line where they know the idea is to grind/crash the net helps because everyone's on the same page.

I'm really impressed with his passing this year. Not over thinking it, move the puck quick and don't hold it too long.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
We're rocking a league best 58.7% SAT%. SJS are a closeish 2nd at 56.3%, but then it falls off even more after that to 54 and 53%. We're killing it. What's hurting us is a PDO in the gutter at 969 (we know why that was, though).

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
We're rocking a league best 58.7% SAT%. SJS are a closeish 2nd at 56.3%, but then it falls off even more after that to 54 and 53%. We're killing it. What's hurting us is a PDO in the gutter at 969 (we know why that was, though).

Sutter?

:sarcasm:

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Remember when the Kings were 0-3 and we were already talking about the draft? Good times.

Speaking of Dowd, who would have thought that both the Kings' 7th round picks from 2009 would end up being regular NHLers? Pretty good.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Remember when the Kings were 0-3 and we were already talking about the draft? Good times.

Speaking of Dowd, who would have thought that both the Kings' 7th round picks from 2009 would end up being regular NHLers? Pretty good.

I don't expect the Kings to beat either the Blackhawks or the Blues this coming road trip, so I'm sure we'll be climbing back to our respective ledges pretty soon here.
Credit to the team development program regarding Dowd and such.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Purcell, Greene and Nolan better get cozy. I think the team would be even better if King was removed from the lineup as well. Another 12:44 of no production but it appears Sutter is seeing the same lack of production as King was given no PP ice time. It's funny how when the top players are given the correct minutes and the grunts aren't given PP ice time the Kings seem to find success. Who knew?

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
:yo:

By the way, nice to have you here! You've made me laugh quite a few times. :laugh:

Thanks, Slim. Just trying to bring a little levity and a different flavor here. Not trying to mess with people, tho I was a bit of a jerk for a while. Now I'm just easy breazy, bubba :)

Thanks for the kind words, man :yo: I'll be around here quite a bit (I just heard some posters roll their eyes lol) while I wait for a ban at my football board to go away, and if I don't feel like too much of an a hole to the board I will keep posting a bunch, otherwise I'll go back to my 5-10 posts a week. For whatever that's worth, huge digression lol

How bout our Kings, ey??? Horrible start, but we're picking it up! No wins in reg, but they'll come. And Dowd has been a small revelation :) Can't wait to get Quickie back

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
Purcell, Greene and Nolan better get cozy. I think the team would be even better if King was removed from the lineup as well. Another 12:44 of no production but it appears Sutter is seeing the same lack of production as King was given no PP ice time. It's funny how when the top players are given the correct minutes and the grunts aren't given PP ice time the Kings seem to find success. Who knew?

Dude, we have a team!! I completely agree with you, keep those jags away from the ice. Wait till Quick comes back before the playoffs, man. This could be a surprise season.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011

Wouldn't surprise me to see Setoguchi scratched for next game, he was atrocious last night.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I don't expect the Kings to beat either the Blackhawks or the Blues this coming road trip.

Why? Neither of those teams are world beaters right now. I expect the Kings to get at least some points out of those games.

I don't understand why people think this team is so bad. If you look at the roster objectively, they're clearly a quality playoff caliber team.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Why? Neither of those teams are world beaters right now. I expect the Kings to get at least some points out of those games.

I don't understand why people think this team is so bad. If you look at the roster objectively, they're clearly a quality playoff caliber team.

The third line is contributing on the score sheet. That makes a difference.

Hansman

Mar 18, 2013
Wild West
Man this feels good. I'm not even concerned about the 4OT wins. Free hockey is free hockey.

Budaj starting to look a lot better in net. Seems to be settling down a little.

Just really happy with how the team is playing.

Habs fan, I think you guys will like Budaj.
Glad hes winning .

You will love him in shoot -outs, I cant recall seeing him lose one.

cheers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad