Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
CSVEThPWcAAx7Ic.jpg:large

Press notes

https://link.nhl.com/static/[email protected]?1445924681000&navid=DL|BOS|home

Referees Francis Charron (6), Wes McCauley (4)
Linesmen Matt MacPherson (83), David Brisebois (96)

Ntl. Anthem Alyssa Golden

TONIGHT’S GAME
- The Bruins host the Coyotes tonight in the 2nd and final game between these teams this season and the Coyotes’ lone visit this
season to TD Garden … The Bruins are 3-3-1 overall and are 0-3-1 on home ice … They are 2-1-0 vs. both Central Division and
Western Conference opponents.

RECENT GAMES
- The Bruins have a season-best 4-game point streak in progress at 3-0-1 after opening the season with 3 consecutive losses for just
the 8th time in their 91 seasons of play and the 1st time since the 1999-2000 season … They are unbeaten on the road at 2-0-0 but
remain winless on home ice at 0-3-1 … They are looking to avoid their longest home winless stretch to open a season since the clubrecord
0-4-5 stretch in their 1st 9 home games of the 1951-52 campaign.

- Oct. 17 at ARI, 5-3W: The Bruins surrendered the 1st goal of the game but scored 3 unanswered with an even strength Tyler Randell
goal, PP score by David Krejci and SH strike by Brad Marchand … Arizona evened the score at 3-3 before 2 Patrice Bergeron PP goals
sealed the win for Boston … Krejci (1-2=3) and Bergeron (2-1=3) each had 3-pt nights while Torey Krug had 2 assists … Tuukka Rask
earned his 1st win of the season in goal … SOG: Bos 43; Ari 23 … PP: 3/6 … PK: 1/4

- Oct. 21 vs PHI, 5-4OTL: The Flyers opened the scoring but the Bruins scored 4 of the next 5 goals on scores by Brett Connolly (his
1st as a Bruin), Patrice Bergeron (PP), Chris Kelly (SH) and Jimmy Hayes to take a 4-2 lead into the 3rd period … Philadelphia scored
twice in the 3rd period to send the game into OT and won on a PP goal at 2:09 of the extra session … Tuukka Rask earned the point in
goal … SOG: Bos 30; Phi 37 … PP: 1/3 … PK: 1/2

- Oct. 23 at NYI, 5-3W: Brett Connolly opened the scoring for Boston with his 2nd goal in as many games but the Islanders struck twice
to enter the 2nd period with a 2-1 lead … Joonas Kemppainen (1st NHL goal), David Pastrnak, Ryan Spooner and David Krejci (ENG)
scored 4 unanswered goals to give Boston the win … Jonas Gustavsson earned his 2nd win of the season in goal … SOG: Bos 26; NYI
26 … PP: 0/3 … PK: 1/2

INJURIES
- Matt Beleskey – Upper body, day-to-day.
- Dennis Seidenberg – Sept. 24 back surgery, non-roster IR.
MILESTONES APPROACHING
- David Krejci is 1 assist shy of his 300th NHL assist.
- Max Talbot is 3 points short of his 200th NHL point.
BOSTON vs. ARIZONA, LIFETIME SERIES
- The Bruins and Coyotes are meeting for the 73rd time in their franchise histories (includes totals as Winnipeg Jets) with the Bruins
having a 44-20-7-1 record and 271-217 scoring advantage in those games.
- The Bruins are 24-6-4-1 in their 35 home games of this lifetime series with a 146-103 scoring edge in those contests.
- The Bruins have won the last 7 games overall, including a 5-3 win in Arizona on Oct. 17 in the 1st game of this season’s series, and
they have won the last 2 games between these teams in Boston with their last loss to the Coyotes a 5-2 setback in Boston on Oct. 9,

Fun Fact: The Bruins are 14-8-2-1 overall vs. the Coyotes since they relocated to Arizona in 1995 … Shane Doan (12th season) and
Zdeno Chara (10th season) are the NHL’s 2 longest serving current captains.

NUMBERS
7: Consecutive games w/points by David Krejci entering tonight … He has 5-7=12 totals on the season to lead the team w/at least 1
point in each of his games played this season … It is the longest point streak by a Bruin to open a season since 1992-93, when both
Joe Juneau (7-15=22 totals) and Dmitri Kvartalnov (12-10=22 totals) had points in each of their 1st 14 contests.
3: Consecutive games w/points by Patrice Bergeron (3-3=6 totals), Loui Eriksson (0-5=5 totals) and Brad Marchand (1-2=3) totals,
while Brett Connolly has 2-1=3 totals in his last 3 games played (not a streak, as he DND Oct. 17 at ARI).
9: Players who have played their 1st games as Bruins this season – Matt Beleskey, Jimmy Hayes, Matt Irwin, Joonas Kemppainen and
Zac Rinaldo on Oct. 8 vs. WPG, Colin Miller on Oct. 10 vs. MTL and Jonas Gustavsson, Tyler Randell and Tommy Cross on Oct. 14 at
COL – with Kemppainen, Miller, Randell and Cross all playing their 1st NHL contests … Randell and Kemppainen have also scored
their 1st NHL goals this season.
160-10-8: Boston’s record since 2011-12 in games in which they have had a 2-goal lead in a game, including a 3-1-1 record in that
situation this season … That extends to 98-1-2 over that span when they have led by 3 goals.

Last edited:

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
So if Spooner is back to the 4th line does that mean Rinaldo is scratch if Belesky is back?

Eriksson Krejci Pasta
Marchand Bergie Connolly
Belesky Kelly Hayes
Spooner Kemp Randell

indy

Oct 18, 2015
So if Spooner is back to the 4th line does that mean Rinaldo is scratch if Belesky is back?

Eriksson Krejci Pasta
Marchand Bergie Connolly
Belesky Kelly Hayes
Spooner Kemp Randell

It would seem so. Although they may sit Beleskey one more game and get him back in on the Florida trip.

BigBadBruins63*

Bumming Rinaldo isn't in there, but it is a numbers game atm. It sucks b/c this means one of Rinaldo/Randell won't be in the lineup at the same time, unless last game from Joonas was just a fluke game and he regresses back to what we saw last game. Hope he doesn't and can help provide some 4th line O, but need more than 1 game from him.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Having both Rinaldo/Randell IMO with Kelly isn't good as that line looks horrible. Given that Randell at the moment is providing more offense I see why you keep him.

Unless Boston can grab another energy player to slot in Kelly's position, I think they'll continue to flip each game.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
That is a solid lineup.

Does Koko playing well give us some room to move a forward for a solid D man? I think that's something this organization needs to be looking at. Either you hope Koko keeps tearing it up in the AHL and then move him for a d-man or you call him up, showcase him and move him. OR you call him up and move a vet guy to free up some cap room.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I see that we are goig with the boring D pairings

Chara-Kevan

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
This lineup makes more sense. Spooner needs to be with wingers who can score. Kelly fits PK role along with Joonas. D pairings?

But the lines and the PK units aren't the same, so that's not really pertinent.

I guess we'll see how Beleskey plays with Spooner and Hayes, if these lines stay this way for the game. I liked the fact that Kemp and Spooner showed some spark. Spooner's line needs some D awareness on it, and Kemp might be a better option for that.

7bostonhockey*

I'm pretty sure im gonna miss tonight's game

so just to be sure I don't mess with the mojo

Giddy up

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Looooking good!

Just don't post the D lineup ;)

Like those Forward lines...only been asking for them since training camp :laugh:

The D...not so much. I'm not sure how many more times I am going to have to blow up Clode's cell before he's going to get it RIGHT!

Chara- C (not K) Miller
Krug-McQ
Morrow-K (not C) Miller/Trotman

He must be confusing the K and the C on my messages?...sigh

indy

Oct 18, 2015
Come on Tuukka! Make people believe again!

Cringing every time there is a shot near the net is not fun.:shakehead

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Come on Tuukka! Make people believe again!

Cringing every time there is a shot near the net is not fun.:shakehead

Well he's had a week to fix his problems and atleast he's been workng on them, watching a lot of video on his positioning which has been off.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Good to see Spooner is getting another shot at centering the third line. Wouldn't have held it against CJ if he didn't do that though; Spooner has been getting destroyed 5-on-5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad