GDT: 10/27 Game 8 - Arizona @ BRUINS 7 PM NESN, FOX-Arizona, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinInPhilly

Nov 12, 2005
Philly, PA
No problem with this for now. Don't think it is the long term answer, but good for Claude keeping the lines that worked for him against NYI.

Long term I don't see it lasting. I'm not sure really how I would construct the lines. I liked the way Hayes looked in his stints with Krejci and could see his game meshing on the one of the two top lines, if we want to try and roll three scoring lines. Not sure if he has played LW before, but I might try him on Krejci's LW or Bergies RW with Erickson in the other spot. Connolly looked good on the Bergie line as well so tough to take him off, but I feel like he could develop some chemistry with Spooner, especially now he has knocked in a couple and got that monkey off his back. Beleskey didn't look like a top 6 player to me when he was playing so maybe try him with spooner and connolly. Kemp looked good last game, but I still am unsure of him. I'd give him a few more games to prove his worth, but at this time i'd put Rinaldo and Randell in over him but if he looks ok I'd rotate him in and sit one of Rinaldo or Randell.

Hayes/Erickson - Krejci - Pasta
Marchand - Bergeron - Hayes/Erickson
Beleskey - Spooner - Connolly
Rinaldo - Kelly - Randell
Kemp as Extra

indy

Oct 18, 2015
No problem with this for now. Don't think it is the long term answer, but good for Claude keeping the lines that worked for him against NYI.

Long term I don't see it lasting. I'm not sure really how I would construct the lines. I liked the way Hayes looked in his stints with Krejci and could see his game meshing on the one of the two top lines, if we want to try and roll three scoring lines. Not sure if he has played LW before, but I might try him on Krejci's LW or Bergies RW with Erickson in the other spot. Connolly looked good on the Bergie line as well so tough to take him off, but I feel like he could develop some chemistry with Spooner, especially now he has knocked in a couple and got that monkey off his back. Beleskey didn't look like a top 6 player to me when he was playing so maybe try him with spooner and connolly. Kemp looked good last game, but I still am unsure of him. I'd give him a few more games to prove his worth, but at this time i'd put Rinaldo and Randell in over him but if he looks ok I'd rotate him in and sit one of Rinaldo or Randell.

Hayes/Erickson - Krejci - Pasta
Marchand - Bergeron - Hayes/Erickson
Beleskey - Spooner - Connolly
Rinaldo - Kelly - Randell
Kemp as Extra

I think Connolly has been amazing with Bergy. You are correct about Beleskey, he has not showed he is a top 6. Spoons is such a liability defensively and he struggles on face offs. Keeping him on the 4th limits exposure yet keeps him available for pp time.

It's nice to have the personnel to play around though.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Kelly is like Tim Thomas... Consistently playing above his competition and making his team better.

:laugh:

Tim Thomas was an elite goaltender.

Chris Kelly, whatever intangibles he brings, is not an elite forward.

I get the whole "competitive" thing...that's certainly never been Kelly's downfall. But, I do cringe a bit at the comparison.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Mods feel free to merge if there is a better thread, but thought this might deserve its own thread for opinions on lines.

http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/...ther-at-practice?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo&ref=yfp

From article:

Eriksson-Krejci-Pastrnak

Marchand-Bergeron-Connolly

Beleskey/Rinaldo-Kelly-Hayes

Spooner/Talbot-Kemppainen-Randell

That's fine for now.

I really just don't want to see Talbot in a game...only if there are injury problems. He hasn't done anything to deserve ice time.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Its simple for me. You put top six caliber players in the top six (Bergy, Krejci, Marchand, Pasta, Connolly (potential), Erikson), the bottom six guys with each other (Beleksey, Kelly, Spooner, Hayes), and the 4th liners on the 4th line (Kemp, Randel, Rinaldo).

Can't lie though, not a huge fan of Kelly still being on this team.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Think it's the right move. Spooner has really struggled 5v5, let him sort it out against weaker competition, he'll get some O-zone starts and Kemp did play with skilled guys prior to coming over so it shouldn't be completely foreign to him.

Edit: Did Randell and Spoons get any ice time together in Providence? I know Cassidy put a lot of faith in TR down there.

I actually think Belesky-Kelly-Hayes looks like a decent 3rd line, bang some bodies, get pucks to the net, don't suck in your own end.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Kelly and Rinaldo are nothing but 4th liners, keep them there. Spooner hasn't had the greatest start, it's a long season, let him work through this, he's young and talented, part of this team's future, no need to relegate him to the 4th line so soon. I swear that Julien will use any excuse to get his binkies either into the lineup or promoted within the lineup. Talbot had better not get in this lineup no matter how many injuries we have, far better options in Providence.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
It's kind of a mess, and hopefully only a temporary solution. Spooner needs to prove he is the best option for 3rd line center, or his roster spot needs to be given to Khokhlachev. Spooner is not a winger or a fourth liner.

Edit: Spooner should be given a shot with Belesky on his wing before he is repaced outright.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Kelly and Rinaldo are nothing but 4th liners, keep them there. Spooner hasn't had the greatest start, it's a long season, let him work through this, he's young and talented, part of this team's future, no need to relegate him to the 4th line so soon. I swear that Julien will use any excuse to get his binkies either into the lineup or promoted within the lineup. Talbot had better not get in this lineup no matter how many injuries we have, far better options in Providence.

I'm not sure if you watched the game Friday, but the Spooner/J-Kemp/Rinaldo line looked really good. If it allows the B's to actually roll 4 lines and have scoring up and down the lineup, this is not a bad things.

Clode probably just riding the hot hand?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'm not sure if you watched the game Friday, but the Spooner/J-Kemp/Rinaldo line looked really good. If it allows the B's to actually roll 4 lines and have scoring up and down the lineup, this is not a bad things.

Wasn't it
Spooner-Kemps-Randell and Rinaldo-Kelly?

I think they can be okay but not expecting scoring support from them, lots of pressure for top6,
but will be interesting to see if Kemps can be the guy who saves Spooner, Kelly wasn't nor was our original 3rd line.

BruinInPhilly

Nov 12, 2005
Philly, PA

It did, but it was for what half a game. I'm not sure if it will work long term with Spooner on the wing. I hope I'm wrong and it does because if Spooner shows he can play well at wing it make the team more versatile and could open the door for Koko if an injury occurs.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
It's kind of a mess, and hopefully only a temporary solution. Spooner needs to prove he is the best option for 3rd line center, or his roster spot needs to be given to Khokhlachev. Spooner is not a winger or a fourth liner.

Edit: Spooner should be given a shot with Belesky on his wing before he is repaced outright.

Funny how the general consensus here at the beginning of the year was that the 3rd line C was sewn up by Spooner. Yet we still had a fairly limited sample size on him, so he still had a lot to prove in terms of being the long-term solution.

At this point I'd guess Spooner is ticked off, but that 3rd line C is his for the taking...however Clode expects him to earn it at both ends of the ice. If he he can't pull it off, then I am with you...give Koko a shot once he's started to show his ability to play a well-rounded game.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Julien not being Julien and I like it that he keeps Spooner and Kemp together.

Eriksson should be with Krejci.

Beleskey can skat with Kelly and Hayes for now.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Just win Bruins.

Hopefully Vancouver wins too, I can't take this Habs is the best team in the league nonsense, which sadly they are for now.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Just win Bruins.

Hopefully Vancouver wins too, I can't take this Habs is the best team in the league nonsense, which sadly they are for now.

The Habs can go 81-1 for all I care, as long as they lose in the House That Brady Built.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I love the lines.

The top 6 is exactly what I would want to put together.
The third line is a lot safer than anything we've put forth, Spooner wasn't cutting it. I think that 4th will look like a dangerous 3rd line if Spooner can excel in the less responsible wing position and Kemp continues to get accustomed and improve. Randell I think will continue to impress he's looked great so far.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Eriksson - Krejci - Pastrnak
Connolly - Bergeron - Marchand
Beleskey - Spooner - Hayes
Rinaldo - Kemppainen - Randell
Kelly

Keep it going.

BigBadBruins63*

Eriksson - Krejci - Pastrnak
Connolly - Bergeron - Marchand
Beleskey - Spooner - Hayes
Rinaldo - Kemppainen - Randell
Kelly

Keep it going.

Unfortunately, the only way Kelly's out of the lineup is injury. Guy is a lifer until that contract is finally up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad