GDT: 10/27 Game 8 - Arizona @ BRUINS 7 PM NESN, FOX-Arizona, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Really glad I will be able to watch this one. Feeling it could be (finally) the first home win this season.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
I'd rather start Spooner back on the third and see what happens with Beleskey on his left rather than Connolly or Kelly. I just do not trust Clode to move Kelly down when the time comes - and the time should come immediately.

We should give Spooner another shot and if he continues to fail, call up KoKo. Absolutely no reason to be giving Kelly a role that we are backed up in by youth. Had Spooner not existed, KoKo definitely earned his shot in preseason. He should be the next one in line the second Spooner gets moved down - not Chris Kelly.

(also as a huge Barzal fan it's going to royally piss me off if we end up having Kelly playing there all season when we reportedly didn't draft Brazal since we're so stacked in that position).

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
kelly is an overpaid crutch that clode likes to lean on.

And Spooner is an overmatched kid that hasn't been able to perform when given the opportunity.

I want the kid to succeed, but he has been downright terrible centering that line 5v5, enough with blaming his linemates. Kelly is the best option there and Spooner needs to be sheltered until he can prove he can handle it if this team wants to win games.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
And Spooner is an overmatched kid that hasn't been able to perform when given the opportunity.

I want the kid to succeed, but he has been downright terrible centering that line 5v5, enough with blaming his linemates. Kelly is the best option there and Spooner needs to be sheltered until he can prove he can handle it if this team wants to win games.

Great post, well said

I`m an unapologetic Kelly supporter and his value was front and center last game, being able to move a guy like him up a line, allow Spoons to shift down and help settle the 3rd a bit as they were struggling defensively was a huge move by Julien which paid off in spades.

Kelly at 3 mill might not look pretty but at the deadline, he`ll be one of those players sought after by a team feeling like they have a chance at a Cup

Was pretty optimistic with Spooner`s game at the end of last season, needs to get stronger on the faceoffs and still a work in progress defensively

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Hopefully belesky has recovered from falling out of his bed and can play tommorow I like what he brings he can be a great 3rd liner for this team....I'd be satisfied with 15-20 goals and 30-40 points from him with 5-10 hits a night which is what he has been doing and is on pace for right now

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I really want this to be a win...it would be so wrong to have the Celtics play "Dirty Water" before the Bruins. (It did happen, tho', in 2003.) Even better, I really want a win for Rask, and hope he gets a chance to prove himself at home and hear the crowd support him.

The good news is Beleskey's upper body looked to be in good form playing cornhole on Saturday. The better news is that the team didn't look awful without him, so having more options can only make us better, right?

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Eriksson - Krejci - Pastrnak
Connolly - Bergeron - Marchand
Beleskey - Spooner - Hayes
Rinaldo - Kemppainen - Randell
Kelly

Keep it going.

Ya let's sit Kelly for the likes of Randell, Rinaldo, Kemppainen or Spooner, that will surely put us over the top

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
No GDT for this game. Between getting sick and studying no can do. I will have one for next game tho

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
No GDT for this game. Between getting sick and studying no can do. I will have one for next game tho

No problem! Thanks.

I'll just convert this unless/until we have someone make one.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
You gotta let Kelly play the next 40 games, it's the only way you can trade him at the deadline...

We want him in there playing decent. Better he plays, the better the pick back for him could be.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Such a logjam for the forwards.

I hope it motivates players to play hard so they earn their playing time. The lackadaisical play last year was infuriating and sad.

That or it will backfire and people will mentally checkout when they are scratched in favor of Julien loveboys. But for the likes of Connolly and Spooner their next paychecks depend on it. Well Spooner's deal is 2 years but still.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
I'll be honest...while the whole 'giving up 3+ goals every game' thing isn't all that appealing, it sure as hell has been fun to watch this team score a ton of goals for a change. I know this team isn't going to be a cup contender this year, so I'm glad I just get to watch some high scoring, entertaining hockey.

Let's put another 5 on 'em tonight. It's their second night of a back-to-back, let's not blow this one. :laugh:

indy

Oct 18, 2015
Complete game. Keep the new offence, find the old defence.

If that happens this team will be very difficult to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad