GDT: 10/26 8:00 PM GAME #7 - BRUINS at New York Rangers | NBCSN, TVAS, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
What a joke NBC. Macintyre is getting pulled for an extra attacker.

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
Hayes and Beleskey should be sitting for Heinen and Morrow. Play 7 D. Play Morrow on the wing I don't care, he can't be worse than those two right now.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
And ZM didn't let in a bad goal as well? Love how you get to pick and choose :laugh:

Bottom line is that they are missing a key guy and playing their 4th goalie. I don't care what the team looks like in that situation. They were only down a goal and in a position to take points out of the game. It didn't work out in the 3rd, but that's what it was.

If they play like this at full strength, I won't be happy.

What didn't you comprend about the comment?

I didn't pick and choose anything, unlike you.

So since they are missing Krejci and Backes it's OK for the rest of the guys still on the ice to mail it in?

If anything, the rest of the guys on the ice should be picking up the play, not getting passes because a couple guys are out.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
I regret paying $200 for GameCenter this year. I can't watch this garbage. I'm a huge Clode apologist but his time is done. Losing puck battles all over the place, no offence to speak of, playing the same terrible players night after night. Putting Mcquaid on the ice at all now is the equivalent of sending Greg Campbell out for your extra attacker with the goalie pulled. He has no business playing hockey at this level. We'll just curb Morrow and O'gara's development even further so Sweeney's terrible contract doesn't look like a complete waste. How we haven't traded for a defenseman in the past 2 seasons is mind-boggling and maddening. We need a complete culture change. Isn't gonna happen when we have Jim Irsay 2.0 as an owner.

Odd how I resonate with this so very much. I have NEVER been a claude detractor, but this team looks lost. It's not just a 4th string goalie, it's the whole package.

A young coach with newer ideas might work with the youth movement. MIGHT also inspire chara to a waive ntc before the deadline. Not that Chara needs to go, but if you are getting younger you might as well see if you an cash a chip or two.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
It looks like it. I just can't see how this is the same team that played in the first 4 games in the season. Totally different team out there as well as in the last 2 games. Claude keeps talking about a system and continues to play players like McQuaid/Liles over others that deserve to play like Morrow/O'Gara based on their play being better. Claude did this last season as well.

You all remember back in the day? When Claude first came on the scene?

Every interview, whether it was between assistant coaches or Claude himself, always ended up with getting the players to "trust the system". We still hear about it from time to time now. All problems are solved, and all player faults can be cured, by learning the "almighty system".

My concern is legitimately that Claude Julien thinks that after coaching ~20 years in the league his system does not need to be changed or at least modified for current day standards and defensive modifications.

We literally just hang around on the perimeter in the offensive zone and stay completely stationary in the defensive zone. It's the same exact gameplan game after game, year after year. If your system consistently beats teams, that's one thing. But when you've got a team like Montreal who ALMOST ALWAYS beats your system...boy, I don't know.

How the **** can we not make a change at this point? I'm tired of the excuses.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Except for being better at both levels.

I agree and love Vatrano but he mentioned that we are due for the next AHL pro who can't make the next step. That to me is Khokhlachev.

Going 'Khokhl' (Co-Cull) Def'n: Playing at a PPG pace or better for the Providence Bruins and then putting up goose eggs for the Boston Bruins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad